Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2022, 09:19   #1
BHPian

2022 Toyota Fortuner alarm goes off after every 25 mins

Hi All

Looking for some information, 2022 Toyota Fortuner alarm goes off after every 25 mins. Tried locking and unlocking, disabling alarm using the switch on the top, tried contacting service center tech who had not clue.

1. I had unfortunately left one of the rear window open and it had rained, rain water had made the rear passenger seat wet.
2. Rain water channeled from my house terrace was falling on the bonnet directly for a few hours

Any clues/information to solve would be helpful as the service centers are closed for holidays

Regards
Sandy
Old 3rd October 2022, 09:28   #2
BHPian

Re: 2022 Toyota Fortuner alarm goes off after every 25 mins

The least that comes to my mind is to disconnect the battery and reconnect after a couple of minutes to see if that helps.
ajayc123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 11:53   #3
BHPian

I had the same issue. This happened after an automated wash. What the service advisor asked me to do was dry the boot locking mechanism with air pressure. It anyway has come down after a few days where presumably the mechanism dried on its own. Anyway, now i've asked people to be careful to ensure no water goes in while washing the boot.
Old 1st November 2022, 12:20   #4
BHPian

Hi all, another culprit may be the hanging items from the inside mirror. I added one, and the alarm started blaring every now and then. I think it detects the movements of the strings and starts. I removed the trinket and it has helped. Please do check if that is what was causing issues for you.
Old 21st December 2022, 12:25   #5
BHPian

I have another update. The alarm was going off again so the hanging wires were not really the culprit.

Issue: I showed it at the service station. He checked the wiring from all doors, dickey, and the boot. Apparently this is quite common, and is a water problem where some water enters the wiring and causes connection issues. This leads to poor connections and the alarm going off. The technician said this was due to some sulphur formation in the connectors which he has corrected. I will be observing this, and hopefully this has taken care of the issue.

I asked him to tape the connectors, and he did not do that since as per him, this is not needed.

What to do: He advised that while washing, we have to tell the guys not to use pressure wash in dickey and the doors. This is the water that enters the wiring harness and causes this trouble. If they are washing, the pressure should be reduced.

Will keep this thread updated. The SA said this is a very common issue with Crysta, and a little less in the fortuner.
simran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 12:32   #6
BHPian

Hi all,

The latest update is that the alarm still goes off, sometimes at night. The frequency has reduced though. The SA wants to keep the car for a couple of days to observe and correct the issue. I will give the car next month sometime and update. Seems this is a tough problem to isolate and correct.
Old 8th March 2023, 14:50   #7
BHPian

Hi,

It has taken a long time, and multiple visits to the service station, but the problem is now found and resolved. It has taken a lot of trial and error and finally its fixed.

The culprit was the rear glass resistance. What I understood is that the glass resistance is measured and if it increases above 100 ohms, the alarm goes off thinking the glass is broken. In my case, the resistance kept fluctuating and the alarm kept going off. The whole rear glass was changed and now things are fine.

It begs the question if this was so easy to diagnose why was it not done in the first place. Engineers from Toyota were involved and first they changed the bonnet lock, and then looked at this. In all, the car spent some good time in the service station and thankfully I had another car at my disposal during that time. It took more than 3 months, and the service center guys were upfront and also very focused on finding a solution for me. Harsha Toyota guys that way are very good and I'm glad I was not given some other non-logical stories as are wont in other brands i've had to interact with in the past.

If you guys are facing this issue, please get the resistance of the glass checked.

Thanks!
simran is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks