Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2022, 22:31   #1

Seat defect in my new Maruti Ignis

Hello!
I'm glad to join Team BHP. I have learnt alot from the experts here and need advice from you folks.
I bought a new Maruti Suzuki Ignis Sigma and got it in 1st week of July. Within a couple of weeks, the foam of driver side seat got squeezed and the metal rod beneath got exposed. Now there was a layer of cloth and the car is mostly driven by my dad so it didn't come to my notice until I went to get seat cover installed from a local shop. The installer had fitted cover on all seats and picked driver seat at last. He showed me that foam was squeezed and asked what to do. He then tried lift the foam and it easily came out back to place and I thought that it might be a fluke and asked him to continue fitting the cover.
After 1 week, I noticed that foam had again squeezed and metal rod was exposed. There is simply no support for hip region on right side and metal rod is hurting my back!
I complained to dealer(Nexa competent motors Wazirpur) amd they blantly told me that outside fitted seat covers have destroyed your seat and we are responsible now. Then I filled a case with National Consumer Helpline and recieved a call from Regional customer
satisfaction Manager of Maruti, Mr. Yatharth Pandey. He asked me to get the seat inspected and promised resolution. I got the seat inspected on the next weekend and he has been dodging my messages since then. I have again complained to NCH and Maruti is just closing my complaints without giving any response or resolution.
I need advice on what shall I do next? How do I get this fixed? What legal/other actions I can take?
Attaching images to show the seat problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Seat defect in my new Maruti Ignis-img_20220807_175928.jpg  

Seat defect in my new Maruti Ignis-img_20220807_175940.jpg  

Seat defect in my new Maruti Ignis-img_20220807_175932.jpg  

Seat defect in my new Maruti Ignis-img_20220807_175958.jpg  

Seat defect in my new Maruti Ignis-screenshot_20220906222811.jpg  

Sagarjagga is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 11:44   #2
BHPian

Re: Seat defect in my new Maruti Ignis

That's so unlike Maruti. Maruti Suzuki usually takes care of its customer's complaints on priority. My recent complaint related to service was addressed within 24 hours when Service centre tried to shrug it off. I went ahead and raised the complaint on Nexa website and an automated email was generated which was sent to service centre, regional manager and few higher authorities of Maruti Suzuki. Within 24 hours I was bombarded with calls and issue was resolved at the earliest. Worth a try I believe and do mention the conversation in your complaint that you have shared above. Hope you'll get the resolution quickly. Thanks!
Beingtraveler is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks