Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Have BS6 diesel? Hit DPF related issues?
Have DPF + SCR (with AdBlue) BS6 diesel for 6+ months, NEVER hit DPF issues 85 50.60%
Have DPF + SCR (with AdBlue) BS6 diesel for 6+ months, hit DPF issues AT LEAST ONCE 16 9.52%
Have DPF + LNT (no AdBlue) BS6 diesel for 6+ months, NEVER hit DPF issues 51 30.36%
Have DPF + LNT (no AdBlue) BS6 diesel for 6+ months, hit DPF issues AT LEAST ONCE 16 9.52%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2023, 10:31   #61
BHPian

Re: BS6 diesel car owners: Have you faced DPF-related issues?

Voted - No DEF issues faced.
Harrier Diesel BS6
90% city run car
steadfast is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 10:36   #62
sbm
BHPian

I have a year-old XUV700 Diesel manual. I got my first DPF regen warning after 18000km two days ago. I performance-parked regeneration, and it cleared up in 20 minutes. But here are a few interesting facts:
1) At 17800km, I checked the engine oil and found out that it was considerably higher than the upper level mark. The oil was drained at the service centre and came out 7L instead of the 6L that was filled at the 10k km service. They said that diesel was getting mixed with engine oil due to the regeneration process, and this much mixing is normal and acceptable.
2) During this visit (at 17800), they updated the EMS software, supposedly to tackle this very issue (which was also normal, according to them). It was just after this update that I got the warning for the very first time.
What I got to know from various articles is that diesel mixing with oil occurs due to aborted regeneration rather than a completed regeneration process. This happens when the engine is switched off before active regen can be completed, i.e., during short city runs. I believe they have updated the regen logic, and hence I got the warning.
sbm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 10:44   #63
BHPian

Tucson Diesel 2021 BS6 [ DPF + SCR ] system. Run approx. 25K km so far.

Have not faced any DPF issues so far. In fact, I have not noticed DPF regen running at all. Might be because of usage pattern.

Usage pattern is about 20-25KM every weekday, typically in bumper to bumper traffic. Weekend high speed highway runs of about 300KM every other weekend. Highway runs typically involve cruising at about 1500-1800RPM; very rarely reaching 2000RPM.

Last edited by qaqa : 26th June 2023 at 10:46.
qaqa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 12:56   #64
Senior - BHPian

Our Thar has recently competed 1 year last month. Odo stands at around 18,000 km. Dad uses the car for 10-15 km per day with occasional longer drives.

Did the 20k service little early as there was some other work (window winder intermittently working). At service, they noted that there is more soot than normal on inspection so they did the regen and sent the car back. This was nothing to be wrier about. For about first 10-12k km, the regen used to happen on its own, especially on longer drives. Ad blue lasts more than 10k km, so is topped up at service.

That said, the extra soot could have been due to the infrequent highway drives post 12k km on the odo as the usage pattern has changed.
Old 26th June 2023, 14:27   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Innova Crysta AT - 31K Kms run. Mixed use like 50% city + 50% highway and sometimes 100% city. No DPF issues till date and no special driving methodologies followed. Auto regeneration triggers between 150-250kms irrespective of whether in traffic or highway and it goes on for like ten minutes. After this I just take care to drive/idle for five more minutes to let the exhaust components cool down slightly since the DPF would have reached temperatures exceeding 700 deg C. But I never have to do any spirited driving or extended driving just for the DPF. It works just fine and other than the driver noticing higher idle RPM and eagerness to move from standstill there is no other perceivable difference.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 14:30   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Model - 2021 Tata Altroz 1.5 Diesel
Duration - 9 months
Mileage - 25,000 km
DPF issues - None

Reason - No short trips. Regular frequent highway drives with 2500+ RPM cruising.

There are many diesel altroz owners reporting injector issues. Main reason is by driving with very low fuel levels regularly and fuel quality.
Duration - 19 months
Crossed 50,000 km.

DPF issues - None.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 15:11   #67
BHPian

Xuv700 D MT 10k kms, 8 months..no DPF issues..
Old 26th June 2023, 15:45   #68
BHPian

Model - Hyundai I20 2021
Mileage - ~14,500 KM in 24 months

No DPF issues so far.

Usage pattern and observations:

- First 11K KMs were majorly (80%) from highway trips.
- Last 3K were from mixed usage 50:50 but there has been a highway ride roughly every 500 KMs.
- City usage is typically from office rides (17 KM one way) in slow (some times heavy) to medium traffic.
- My usage is pretty low and car often goes unused for upto a month.
- I try not to lug the engine and typically drive between 1800 to 2200 RPM.
- have noticed drop in fuel efficiency once in every 250 to 350 KMs, my guess is that that's when the regen happens in the backend.

I've been safe from DPF issues so far mostly due to regular highway runs but I foresee more city usage (at least 80%) going forward and I'm not sure if the 17 KM office ride (one way) is gonna cause issues with DPF.
Like another member has mentioned, I'm also planning to get a cheap OBD scanner just for my peace of mind.
Old 26th June 2023, 16:03   #69
BHPian

MG Hector - no DPF issues so far.
Duration - 9 months
Mileage - 20000 Kms

Usage pattern - 400~500 kms weekly with 80% highway runs.
Car usually left unused 4-5 days a week.
The car is usually run at around 1800 RPM steadily with cruise control, though the cruise control is engaged and disengaged frequently. I ensure the RPM stays above 1500 even during short drives of 20-25 kms.

However I have noticed a drop in mileage, pickup and engine noise periodically between 200-250 kms typically for around 10 minutes. Hope it is the regen process.
Sedate driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 11:45   #70
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Satyam Omar for sending this in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Quote:
Dear Team-BHP,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to share a distressing incident I recently experienced with my Hyundai vehicle and to kindly request your support in shedding light on this matter. I believe that your platform has the power to make an impact and potentially apply pressure on Hyundai to address my concerns and take appropriate action.

Two months ago, I purchased a brand new Hyundai Alcazar Signature(O) D AT with high hopes for a reliable and enjoyable driving experience. However, my excitement quickly turned to frustration and disappointment when my car unexpectedly broke down on the 24th of June. Despite numerous attempts to contact Hyundai's customer service and authorized service centres, I have received no meaningful response or assistance. It has been a complete neglect of their responsibilities.

The lack of response and support from Hyundai has left me stranded without transportation, causing significant inconvenience, financial losses and emotional distress. I have reached my limit with their indifference and disregard for their customers.

I am reaching out to Team-BHP, a respected platform with a large following, to share my story and request your help in applying pressure on Hyundai to address this issue. I believe that by shining a spotlight on my incident, we can bring attention to the negligence of Hyundai and potentially push them to take the necessary action to rectify the situation.

I kindly request your team to consider:
  1. Investigate my case further to gather more information and understand the severity of Hyundai's negligence.
  2. Sharing my story through an article, video, or any other suitable platform to raise awareness among your audience.
  3. Contacting Hyundai on my behalf or highlighting my case directly to their attention, emphasizing the urgency for resolution and appropriate customer support.

Your involvement could make a significant difference in holding Hyundai accountable and ensuring that they fulfil their obligations to their customers. Together, we can demand the attention and action we deserve.

I am hereby attaching additional information, documentation, or insights necessary to support this cause. Please let me know how I can assist you further in sharing my story.

Thank you for considering my request and for your commitment to empowering consumers. I eagerly await your response and potential assistance in resolving this matter.

Summary of the Incident:
  • Purchased a brand new Hyundai Alcazar D AT Signature (O) two months ago for a significant investment of 24 Lacs.
  • On the 24th of June, while driving on the highway with my family, I received a "check urea system" warning message on the cluster display.
  • Immediately contacted Hyundai's customer care executive and RSA support for guidance and assistance.
  • Discovered a wire lying on the road, indicating a manufacturing defect and lack of proper bottom covering.
  • Contacted RSA and arranged for the car to be delivered to Khanna Hyundai in Kanpur for inspection and repairs.
  • Service manager at Khanna Hyundai confirmed a manufacturing defect but informed me that the required part is unavailable in India.
  • Informed that it could take up to a month or even longer for the part to become available, leaving the car immobilized.
  • Multiple attempts to contact Hyundai's customer service and authorized service centres for updates and resolutions went unanswered.
  • Lack of response and support from Hyundai despite the significant investment made and the inconvenience caused.
  • The car is just 2 months old with only 4500 km driven, raising concerns about the quality and reliability of the vehicle.
  • Frustration and disappointment with Hyundai's negligence and disregard for customer satisfaction.
BS6 diesel car owners: Have you faced DPF-related issues?-1.jpg

BS6 diesel car owners: Have you faced DPF-related issues?-2.jpg

BS6 diesel car owners: Have you faced DPF-related issues?-3.jpg

BS6 diesel car owners: Have you faced DPF-related issues?-4.jpg

BS6 diesel car owners: Have you faced DPF-related issues?-5.jpg

BS6 diesel car owners: Have you faced DPF-related issues?-6.jpeg

BS6 diesel car owners: Have you faced DPF-related issues?-7.jpeg

BS6 diesel car owners: Have you faced DPF-related issues?-8.jpeg

BS6 diesel car owners: Have you faced DPF-related issues?-9.jpeg

BS6 diesel car owners: Have you faced DPF-related issues?-10.jpeg
RahulNagaraj is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 19:19   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post
  • Informed that it could take up to a month or even longer for the part to become available, leaving the car immobilized.
  • Multiple attempts to contact Hyundai's customer service and authorized service centres for updates and resolutions went unanswered.
  • Lack of response and support from Hyundai despite the significant investment made and the inconvenience caused.
Satyam, It is really sad that you had to face this. It is clearly a case of a wire not secured properly and something on the road yanking on it. Given the fact that there are no other reports team bhp for similar issues with Alcazar, it seems to be a one of manufacturing defect. This can happen no company achieves 100% defect free implementation.

Having said that the company should be forth coming in assisting you with a courtesy vehicle or reimbursing you for cab for the days the car has been stationary due to their manufacturing defect.

1. Please put this on other social media platforms, tag Hyundai higher ups.
2. Request them to provide you a courtesy car or reimburse for your travel.
3. Ask them to provide you goodwill warranty for your troubles.

For the part not being available that is a surprise (supposedly there are locally designed and manufactured cars). I have heard about part unavailability stories for German cars but never knew Koreans also have similar problems
ferrarirules is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st July 2023, 10:10   #72
BHPian

Innova Crysta: March 2021-45000 Kms.

No DPF issues at all, regen happens automatically.
Old 21st July 2023, 10:36   #73
BHPian

Scorpio-N 4WD AT (Oct, 2022) : 14000 KMs, No DEF issues till date (except at the time of delivery as the dealership forgot to fill DEF). Only once manual Regen was done and that too at the Service Centre which I guess was due to idling the vehicle for a long time during Service.
Old 21st July 2023, 11:26   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post
Thanks to Satyam Omar for sending this in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!
Hi Satyam

Really sorry to hear about your ordeal. Its never good to see a brand new car in the workshop for long.

My message may not soothe your nerves. And questions on why my car would keep repeating. But some practical thoughts -

1. Stuff happens to mechanical equipment like cars.
2. Now that it has happened. Focus on getting it fixed. Alcazar is an excellent vehicle. I can vouch for it as I have driven close to 30000 kms in 1.3 years.
3. Looks like the Authorized service center has acknowledged the problem, but parts are delayed. Continue to escalate to Hyundai, but make peace with your self that it will take time.
4. Ask the dealer for a loaner car until your issue is fixed. Asking nicely but sternly will help you get this. This will help if this is your only ride.

Hoping for lakhs of happy miles with your car soon. Cheers.
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2023, 11:52   #75
BHPian

Ford Apire, 2021 model. Ever since the catalytic converter recall and replacement, the DEF warnings have been a little too frequent. Had to take it to service center a couple of times to clear it. Now the warnings have gotten to the extreme end - "exhaust filter at limit, drive to clean". Have done the spirited driving many times and the filter cleaning process starts, but suddenly stops with engine jerks and the warning remains as it is. Planning to take it to service center tomorrow. Car has done close to 25k.
ask_017 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks