Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Have BS6 diesel? Hit DPF related issues?
Have DPF + SCR (with AdBlue) BS6 diesel for 6+ months, NEVER hit DPF issues 85 50.60%
Have DPF + SCR (with AdBlue) BS6 diesel for 6+ months, hit DPF issues AT LEAST ONCE 16 9.52%
Have DPF + LNT (no AdBlue) BS6 diesel for 6+ months, NEVER hit DPF issues 51 30.36%
Have DPF + LNT (no AdBlue) BS6 diesel for 6+ months, hit DPF issues AT LEAST ONCE 16 9.52%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2022, 10:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: BS6 diesel car owners: Have you faced DPF-related issues?

I've got the 'Filter overloaded, drive to clean' message only once on my Ecosport around the end of April 2022. Strangely, this came after the cat-con and related parts were changed in Jan this year as a part of Ford's recall. And I had driven purely in congested traffic for around 1000 kms post the parts change!

However, an hour's drive on the ORR cleared it , and it has not come back. I've also driven for over 3000 kms on a road trip last month, and the issue did not crop up. Perhaps it will if I use the car more in Hyderabad traffic. But as I've retired, I don't get to drive daily in the city. My usage last year was mostly on empty roads due to the pandemic, and I guess that is why I did not get that warning message.

Model: Ford Ecosport tdci Titanium S

Mileage: 13k kms

Usage: Mostly on highway runs or for airport errands in Hyderabad, which also count as highway runs.

I'm yet to take it on hilly roads. I believe many BS6 diesels have issues in those areas.
vnabhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 10:41   #17
sse

Could not vote. But my vote would be Never. I have not faced any issues till date.

Model : Tata Nexon XZ+(HS) Diesel
Year : May, 2022 ( 3 months old )
Odometer : 15,000 kms
Usage : 80% Highways
sse is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 11:34   #18
BHPian

Voted for "At least once"

Car : Mahindra XUV300 Diesel MT - Nov'21 model
Mileage : ~8500km
Usage : Mostly highway rides but interspersed with short city commutes

Faced DPF issue once (in Mar'22) and even though it has happened to me, I wouldn't fault the car for it.

My usage is primarily highway for long trips but the only time I faced the DPF was when I used the car exclusively for short city commute for about 2 months. All of these were runs where the car wouldn't come to the running temperature (typically 4 bars for the XUV300) but I would come back home by the time it reaches 3 bars.

This in my opinion is the biggest problem. The issue was self-resolved by me with a Park Regen that was ran for ~10min (thanks to Mahindra for providing such a feature).

As per the technical manager at my Mahindra Service Center, a highway run once in every 2 weeks should easily keep the DPF issue at bay. I'm currently following this and have faced no issues in the last 4 months even with short city commutes.

Last edited by krishnakumar : 6th August 2022 at 11:37.
krishnakumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 11:42   #19
BHPian

Model: Tata Altroz diesel

Mileage: 5500 km

Usage: 4-5 short drives of 7-8km occur 4-5 times a week.

Twice a month, a 60-kilometer drive from Kalyan to CBD Belapur.

Every 45 to 60 days, drive to Lonavala or Shirdi.

DPF issues: None.
SanjayW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 11:57   #20
BHPian

BMW X1. Never hit DPF issues even once. Only had to refill AdBlue at about 24k kms as it kept showing the low AdBlue warning on screen. I've always left it to do it's thing and it's just worked. At times the regen can be obviously felt happening while driving and keeps going on after parking and switching off, but that's about it. 50-50 city highway in the UK.

Done extremely short city drives during covid for almost a year, zero highways, still no issues.

Last edited by alphahere : 6th August 2022 at 11:59.
alphahere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 11:59   #21
BHPian

Voted: Never

• Car: Mahindra XUV 5OO W11 (O) AT
  • Mileage: 10,000 km
  • Usage: Daily - min. 20 kms - 100% city runabouts
brownkaiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 13:07   #22
BHPian

Voted (only reading the poll title) for facing DPF+LNT and faced issues at least once without reading your post. Apologies for that!

My mistake: After going through the post, understood the definition of "issues" relevant here. I did not have any "issues" as such - the DPF regen required light lit up only once in the 33k km while extended driving in the city (~2 months at a stretch). The warning went off on its own when I tried to record it still driving within the city. If you're going to analyze the post manually, the actual vote would be DPF+LNT without any issues so far.

Mine is a Jan 2021 XUV3OO and have run about 33k km.
Goandiaries is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 13:26   #23
BHPian

I cannot vote but if i could, I would have chosen “never”

My car - 2021 Creta Diesel without the adblue.
Almost 15k on the Odometer.

My monthly running is 70% Delhi NCR but no trip is less than 5 KM. I do make monthly trips to Dehradun where is get to push the engine above 3000 rpm for a fair amount of time, which in my opinion gives the car the opportunity to clean up the DPF without throwing up the light.
Vkap257 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 13:33   #24

I’ve been driving my 2020 BS6 fortuner for over 30000 kms now. Have never faced any issues. I’ve never had to manually do the DPF regeneration. The car is driven a fair bit in the city and is often parked with the ac running for long periods of time( thanks to covid and social distancing)
I am yet to experience dpf regeneration, i think the car does it automatically when its being driven. Only downside is having to add the DPF fluid every 7000-8000kms., But then again the service interval for the car is six months so it gets taken care of during service.
sj911 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 14:44   #25
BHPian

Tata Nexon Diesel AMT- 20k - Never faced an issue.
TorqMaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 14:48   #26

Voted: Never

Car: Alturas G4, AdBlue
Mileage: 7,000+ km
Usage: 60% highway, 40% city
Linuskm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 17:08   #27
BHPian

Voted Atleast once for DPF + SCR (With Adblue).

The problem encountered was that the DPF warning indicator lit up at around 11000 km approx. for my Tata Safari AT. I went through the owners manual and drove in third gear under manual mode for approx. 25 minutes and the light was gone. Right now it has run approx. 15500 km.

Frankly, considering my usage being atleast 50% highway running i did not expect the DPF problem to happen.

We also own a Kia Carens and in that the DPF indicator has come up on 2 ocassions in 6800 km with running style similar to my Safari.
LivingCars is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 19:39   #28
BHPian

Having run 20K km on my Dec 2020 EcoSport, I haven't faced the dreaded DPF issue till now(Fingers crossed). More than 60% of my running has been on the highway and I try not to be very mellow within the city.
WizSatish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 20:36   #29
MSC
BHPian

My ride - Hyundai Venue 1.5 crdi with DPF & LNT ( No adblue).
Odometer reading - 31 thousand kms.
Time duration - 2 years and 2 months.

DPF issues?
Well, i have selected the not a single issue, but my DPF error stuck me only once in 26 odd months. It was not due to soot collection exceeding limits. It was due to a O2 sensor gone kaput as per the scan at Hyundai service station.
The DPF error and Check engine light both came on. Coincidentally I was on way to my service station for my 20 thousand kilometres service. Immediately on arrival at service station they hooked up the tablet to initiate the regeneration procedure but instead of a clogged DPF, the scan pointed to a faulty O2 sensor. They did the usual clearing of codes and then kept the car idle for sometime, and the same DPF error and Check engine light came on. A rescan again indicated a faulty O2 sensor. The sensor was changed under warranty and almost immediately all lights went off. Since the DPF error lamp went off without any regeneration done, it was most likely a kaput O2 sensor rather than a clogged DPF.
MSC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 06:52   #30

Voted yes. My drive is a Toyota Innova Crysta 2021 2.4L. the car is around 6 months old with approx 18k on the odo. The vehicle was behaving as designed doing the self regeneration every 170-200kms ( in city Hyderabad traffic) with 20% highway runs. After February there were no road trips and suddenly on fine day in June the DPF bars all of a sudden showed 9 bars without prior warnings and no manual regeneration options were available. The car had to be taken to ASC where they cleaned the SOOT using thei scanner. The vehicle was returned in 24 hours. Within 100 kms the soot level was at 2 bars when the MID started showing DPF error and check engine lights started blinking. The vehicle again had to taken to ASC when the vehicle was scanned and the isse found was injector failures. The injector s were replaced under warranty and while doing the test runs, the vehicle was stalling iver 20kmph. Again it was scanned and this time it was catalytic converter failure. The same was replaced under warranty. The reason and explanation provided by asc was that the injector s failed due to DPF issues and in most Toyota cases, its also the Cat converter. However the service that i received from Harsha Toyota in Hyderabad was exceptionally good. Received updates almost every day and the car was handed to me spic and span. After getting back my car the vehicle has been driven for around 1000 more kms. Regeneration has happened 3-4 times as normal. But now i am ensuring atleast 1 highway drive on the Hyderabad ORR. every week. So my assessment on the DPF issues are that it all depends on the driving style- mine was in bumper to bumper city traffic. And if one's luck doesn't support then these unforeseen failures might be seen. The total warranty amount had come to 1.98L plus taxes, but i had to pay only for the disel that went for ths road tests. My car has a 5 year warranty coverage. God knows what can happen after expiry of the warranty
ADEY is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks