Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2022, 15:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

CarCat - An Ultrasonic Rat Repellent

Got to know about this product in my T.H.U.Gs Telegram group.

Rat menace is a known issues and a big headache for new and old car owners with rats chewing off the cables, fuel pipes and lot many things which result in the unnecessary expenses to the car ownership apart from the safety issues created. Vehicle engine area is the prime favourite spot of the rats for breeding and habitating. Although the elimination of rats has not been 100% till date, there's a new product in the market called Car Cat Red from Custom Logics pvt ltd a Mumbai based company which claims to have 96% efficacy ratio for cars with no rat infestation as yet. The product uses the ultrasonic waves to repel the rat as compared to other means of rat repellants available in the market which claim to kill the rats. The product is priced at Rs 4000/- and available on Amazon. To top it up the product is ARAI certified.

Attached is the website for more details on the product.
https://carcat.in/

There are some dos and donts regarding the Installation, refer to the installation guide available in the website. I have attached some flyers and a few pdf documents related to the product for general reading. Pls visit the website for more information.

There are a few You tube videos describing the product and performance. In case any BHPians have already used the product, request to share the performance

Customs Logic Pvt Ltd
24/5th flr/A-wing, Gurudatta Building,
R.B. Mehta Marg, Patel Chowk,
Ghatkopar East, Mumbai,
Maharashtra 400077, INDIA
+91 22 2508 4040
sales@carcat.in
customercare@carcat.in

Amazon link: https://www.amazon.in/CARCAT-Ultraso...s%2C377&sr=8-5

Disclaimer: I haven't used the product and neither I am associated with it in any way.
Attached Thumbnails
CarCat - An Ultrasonic Rat Repellent-carcat-red-wbv.jpg  

CarCat - An Ultrasonic Rat Repellent-carcat-red-poster1.jpg  

CarCat - An Ultrasonic Rat Repellent-carcat-red-poster.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf carcat_red_leaflet.pdf (574.2 KB, 267 views)
File Type: pdf CARCAT-RED dimensions.pdf (192.5 KB, 155 views)
File Type: pdf CARCAT-RED_email_write_up.pdf (470.7 KB, 305 views)
File Type: pdf ARAI - Report (1).pdf (5.23 MB, 177 views)
ghodlur is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 17:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: CarCat - An Ultrasonic Rat Repellent

Has this been tested by any forum members? Asking because, I think rats and cockroaches have evolved to a stage where they can even survive a nuclear attack. There are tons of articles on the forum itself where people have expressed their frustration over top of the line products. If this really works, I am ready to install it but I need the attestation of fellow members (I sincerely hope this works!).
Raghu M is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 18:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
Has this been tested by any forum members? Asking because, I think rats and cockroaches have evolved to a stage where they can even survive a nuclear attack. There are tons of articles on the forum itself where people have expressed their frustration over top of the line products. If this really works, I am ready to install it but I need the attestation of fellow members (I sincerely hope this works!).
Maybe this will help you decide.

ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 18:18   #4
BHPian

So this thing is continuously on, emitting ultrasonic frequencies? I am wondering what effect it will have on pets, especially dogs who can hear these frequencies.
RedTerrano is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 05:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

The product is good and used by some members in our Endeavour group. However the negative point is that it requires a power source. And if you connect it to your car battery, you have the chance of running it out. In addition, if you are on a long holiday and your car is just parked in your compound or parking, you will have to have another source of power to keep the equipment running. If you can manage another power source, the product is good.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 09:13   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
So this thing is continuously on, emitting ultrasonic frequencies? I am wondering what effect it will have on pets, especially dogs who can hear these frequencies.
+1 to that.
Not just pets, it might even affect the surrounding insects , birds etc..
Depends on the perimeter upto which these ultrasonic frequencies travel..

Ref - https://wagwalking.com/sense/can-dog...trasonic-sound
Fillmore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 09:25   #7
BHPian

There are also some studies claiming that prolonged exposure to ultrasound cause nausea and headaches in humans.
attinder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 12:56   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: CarCat - An Ultrasonic Rat Repellent

I use Varna Suraksha rat repellent in my 530d & Superb. The cars have remained free of rat attacks, but I also use AutoShine rat spray & have covered up all the main wires in Honda's rat repellent tape. So I don't know what's working, but something clearly is .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
However the negative point is that it requires a power source. And if you connect it to your car battery, you have the chance of running it out.
Yes. One of the reasons my cars are hooked up to the Bosch C7 charger when parked. During the Covid lockdowns, my car suffered low voltage, which in turn led to the ABS board failure. Today's complex cars (especially high-end cars) hate low voltage situations.

Of course, not an issue if you drive everyday.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 13:11   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
One of the reasons my cars are hooked up to the Bosch C7 charger when parked. During the Covid lockdowns, my car suffered low voltage, which in turn led to the ABS board failure. Today's complex cars (especially high-end cars) hate low voltage situations.

Of course, not an issue if you drive everyday.
Where does the C7 charger get it’s power from when parked for extended durations?
Old 24th July 2022, 14:33   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Where does the C7 charger get it’s power from when parked for extended durations?
C7 gets power from our common 6A 220V AC mains
beast_within is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 10:27   #11
BHPian

I'm using Car Cat for more than 2 years now. Very good product and effective. As you guys already pointed out, the only downside is the battery being drained out. If the car is kept idle for more than two weeks, be prepared to jump start your car

Last edited by libranof1987 : 26th July 2022 at 17:23. Reason: Please quote a post only when necessary. Thanks!
Vishnu Shaji is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 11:05   #12
Senior - BHPian

I am using this product since a year and touchwood no rats ever made it to the car recently. I had this rat issues mainly when I go to my hometown in Kerala. Last couple of my trips to Kerala and even after parking the car for a week I did not have any issues.
And yes, I also spray rat repellent when I park it for longer duration. So really can’t say what has helped.

CarCat - An Ultrasonic Rat Repellent-31756e8f4952456ca648d5b26f99989c.jpeg
Old 26th July 2022, 13:24   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
According to the website, the unit has been developed and designed as per the IRPA (international Radiation Protection Agency) guidelines which means absolutely no harm to the pets and other forms of life. The unit targets rats and the ultrasound frequency which only rats can detect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishnu Shaji View Post
I'm using Car Cat for more than 2 years now. Very good product and effective. As you guys already pointed out, the only downside is the battery being drained out. If the car is kept idle for more than two weeks, be prepared to jump start your car
Have you personally experienced this? The website mentions that the car should be started atleast once a week for the effectiveness. Below is the pic from the website reg the battery consumption.
Attached Thumbnails
CarCat - An Ultrasonic Rat Repellent-battery-consumption.png  

Old 26th July 2022, 13:31   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Have you personally experienced this? The website mentions that the car should be started atleast once a week for the effectiveness. Below is the pic from the website reg the battery consumption.
Yes, I've had to jump start the car a few times when I was away for more than 2 weeks. There is a separate fuse in the Car Cat wiring that you can remove if you do not wish to use this or if you find your surroundings to be rat free.
Old 26th July 2022, 16:06   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
I am using this product since a year and touchwood no rats ever made it to the car recently.

Attachment 2338667
+1. I have been using this for more than a year now. Connected to the battery and so far have not had any rat issues, touch wood.

The power consumption is also pretty less

I have had the car parked for a week and still did not notice any rats. So seems to be working
TheCarLover is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks