Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2023, 06:40   #31
BHPian

Re: Is it time to sell my Mitsubishi Outlander?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
Very interesting thread! I'm in a freakishly similar position myself having to suddenly move to Delhi where my 7 seater Outtie will hit the 15 yr mark in about 3.5 yrs. After much deliberation I'm certainly hanging onto mine given the ridiculous prices of any new car that can rival the Outlander.
A lot of comments came thru about reliable service garages. If anyone here can share or DM for Delhi NCR a reliable service center/FNG they've personally used and trust that would be appreciated!
Hey Memphis - Glad to meet a fellow Outlander owner from Bangalore.

Your can refer this thread and contact prateekswarup for the maintenance and FNGs at Delhi.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showt...errerid=343985 (A Tale of Outliers : Buying a used Mitsubishi Outlander & Maruti Grand Vitara)

Would love to connect with you and your Outtie while you are at Bangalore.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 17:14   #32
r8d
BHPian

Hello,
As a fellow outlander owner, I completely get where you're coming from.
I'm planning on hanging on to my 2009 one for as long as possible. There's just something about driving it that always makes me smile.
Old 31st July 2023, 08:30   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirefree View Post
Appreciate the opportunity to submit a question on this forum.

I drive a Mitsubishi Outlander bought anew in 2010. It’s a good car: no issues as such. But I’m being encouraged by family to sell & buy anew - for no particular reason except that my Father is of the opinion that post 10 years car invariably accrues expenses. Perhaps he’s right. What do you think?

About the car:
1. serviced annually at the dealer, every year since 2010
2. City average: ~ 10kmpl; Highway ~ 15kmpl
3. Some wear & tear of window’s rubber skirting
4. Electronics & electricals 👍
5. Last annual service reported some wear & tear of brake pads (replaced since) and underbody (?? No details given)
6. Only 87k kms done

I’d really like to continue using this car. Maybe even for 20 years total.

Please share your thoughts.

Regards,
Gaurav

Hey Gaurav
I just sold my Outlander a 2011 model, had 1.16k in excellent condition. I had replaced the rubber around the windows, had to get it imported from Dubai. started feeling a few niggles and was finding it tough to get it serviced.

I booked a Isuzu Cross Prestige. Wasn't able to find anything that would replace the Outlander.

Laxman
iyerlax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 18:11   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbug View Post
Hi Laxman can you DM me the service engineers info am having some issues with the outlander I have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltjain View Post
Hi.. I would request you to share the mechanic's contact details as i am looking for one for the outlander.
Apologies for the late response:

Hanif: 9881441074 / 7798885135

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by graaja : 25th August 2023 at 18:34. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use Edit and Multiquote
Old 28th September 2024, 11:37   #35

OP here.
Just droppin' in 2 years since I started this thread to update:

The car is with me and running well.
It's now 14 years in the running.

Still no plans to let go.

Thanks for all those that advised against selling.
Thanks also to unsolicited purchase offers (haha...maybe another day)
wirefree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2024, 11:54   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirefree View Post
OP here.
Just droppin' in 2 years since I started this thread to update:

The car is with me and running well.
It's now 14 years in the running.

Still no plans to let go.

Thanks for all those that advised against selling.
Thanks also to unsolicited purchase offers (haha...maybe another day)
Outlander is still a great car and better than a lot of new cars for 40L mark. For example, I would anyday drive an Outlander over a new Tucson or XUV. I'm curious though, how are you finding the maintenance? Where do you get it serviced and how difficult or easy is it to procure the parts?
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2024, 12:21   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Outlander is still a great car and better than a lot of new cars for 40L mark. For example, I would anyday drive an Outlander over a new Tucson or XUV.
I echo this completely. It's good to know that XUV and even some 40L's don't hit the mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
I'm curious though, how are you finding the maintenance? Where do you get it serviced and how difficult or easy is it to procure the parts?
For the first 10 years, I made sure to visit the authorised service center (Mathura Rd, Delhi) every year before the rains started. The service center was more than obliging, taking off the superfluous items of the service list while keeping the bare essentials. So, I might've paid ~25k for the first 4-5 years, but then bought it down to ~10k INR mark per service every year. And I suppose that's been the key (remember, the machine only ran 100k kms).

The tyres, of course, were changed when necessary. And the brake pads were changed once. Through the COVID years, there was one episode, but that was managed by the local mechanic, just as the yearly services have been in the last 4-odd years.

But now I am back in touch with the authorised center, Mitsubishi, which has scaled down (closed?) operations. I need a new timing belt, and they claim to have original OEM parts.

I am currently struggling to verify this claim.

Last edited by navin : 28th September 2024 at 12:43. Reason: typos
wirefree is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed