Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2022, 10:16   #31
BHPian

Re: As of today, what's broken / not working in your car?

2008 MS SX4
Odometer - 97,000
Broken - Rear locks stopped functioning 3 years back and have been like that since that day . When you lock the car by using the key , you need to manually lock the rear doors . This happened when the car was low on fuel and suddenly the power windows stopped functioning and after that the locks also .

We got it checked from some Mechanics and they were also confused with what went wrong , one mechanic even suggested to change the whole wirring of the locks

From that day we haven't repaired the locks and the rest of the car is in perfect shape and still doing it's duties .
Hawk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 11:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

2010 Figo 1.2
Odometer 98,000KM

AC Not working very well thanks to the local AC guy touching this.
The rear Suspension makes a squeaking sound. (this was last changed at 50-60KM by ford 5-6 years ago)
Radiator Fan noise (the fan needs a replacement/service soon I guess)
Captain Slow is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 11:18   #33

I own a 2010 Swift Dzire 1.3 MJD.

Turbocharger is blown, leaking oil and making no boost.
2JZ-GTE is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 11:28   #34
BHPian

I own a 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5 Speed.

Air-con's refrigerant level has reduced and inturn the cooling effect has reduced too. I think this is a common issue with old cars, where the refrigerant used is R12. This has been replaced by R134a, but it requires many changes to be carried out to the oil seals and all. R134a tends to melt the oil seals in the compressor and other places, causing leaks. Expense for seal replacement requires more than ₹ 3,000, and needs an expert mechanic to do the task.
Shreyfiesta is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 11:30   #35
Senior - BHPian

2007 indica
Turbo and AC compressor are a bit leaky.
Door handles are a bit sticky

2017 etios liva
Nothing
greenhorn is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 12:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

2015 Xcent, done 27K km

Factory fitted head unit buttons have acted up, and on pressing a particular button, there is no guarantee that the intended action will be performed. Any random action is performed! Steering mounted controls are working for day to day needed functions, so haven't paid attention. However, changing any setting from menu is a test of patience I am not even sure whether there is any solution to this apart from replacing the head unit.

1 key has broken rubber buttons

There is also a dent on the roof thanks to a coconut

Last edited by AkMar : 16th May 2022 at 12:26.
AkMar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 13:06   #37
PVS
BHPian

2012 Wagon R VXi: 104500 Kms on the ODO:
1) Check Engine light is On in the dashboard due to a fault O2 sensor, need to get it fixed.
2) Vehicle tends to switch off intermittently, after idling for a minute or so. Need to get it checked.
PVS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 13:14   #38
SDP
Team-BHP Support

2012 XUV5OO W8 with 1.1 Lakh kms on it

Being a first-gen Mahindra, there has always been some or the other (mostly) minor issue open for the vehicle on any given day over the last decade.

Current set of open issues-
1. "Hood open" warning randomly appearing and car sounding alarm at night due to that, although the Bonnet Open switch has been replaced fairly recently

2. FR wheel bearing making noise (planning to get addressed in about a week's time)

3. Infotainment system reboots frequently (This one is tricky, as M&M service center won't touch it and Nippon service center had quoted 18k last time I consulted them).

4. Second row left side seat belt is not winding back (part not in stock, would get it addressed in 2 weeks post procurement).

5. DTE and fuel indicator is giving incorrect information (Have done some basic diagnosis and investigation over the weekend. Needs more investigation).

Last edited by SDP : 16th May 2022 at 13:18.
SDP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 13:19   #39
BHPian

Fluidic Verna
1. Ac vent clips- entire assembly costs 6k+ labour. And my kid will break it again.So not going to replace
2. Roof mounted Sunglass holder - spring broken and single part not available. So not going to replace for now
3. FR wind deflector - slightly broken(1 inch maybe). Single part not available. So not going to replace for now
4. Rear Parking Sensors- loose connection + sound is irritating. I'm comfortable with camera for now. So not going to get it fixed
5. USB port support only charging. Doesn't detect Songs in pen drive. Not going to fix it. Bluetooth/Aux connectivity has been very pleasant so far.
akhil_007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 13:25   #40
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

2000 Ohc Vtec, ODO- 1.14L- The front brake rotors have to be replaced, I have the new part at home, just getting lazy to sit and replace it.

2001 Ohc Vtec, ODO- 1.22L - After Dr.Rat had a small visit into the engine bay to inspect the turbocharger and misc, it takes time for it to crank up as the ECU doesnt see the MAP values how it should. Need to redo the wiring, but not finding time.

2013 Jetta Tdi Manual, ODO- 29k- The clips used to move the rear ac vents left and right have come off in my Jetta, I was thinking of replacing both of them? Since these are no more availaible, any breakfix you guys can suggest? Will a vento or a skoda (any model) work?

2016 Cbr650F, ODO- 53k Rear disc and pads to be replaced, have the part at home, just lazy again!!

What are your plans to replace them? I have somewhat the same issue!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post

2014 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Odometer: 97,800 km

- Rear AC vents are broken. You can't make out visually, but the louvres that are used to adjust the direction of air flow have snapped from the vents and come free because someone kicked them most probably

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 16th May 2022 at 13:27.
ssjr0498 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 13:50   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

2016 Etios. 54,000kms

Rear parking sensors- Works fine. But 1 out 10 times, it will let out a long continous beep when in reverse. Put it into neutral, and again engage reverse, it works fine again.

Speedometer- Once in a few months, the speedo doesn't work. Slap the top of the instrument cluster hood, and suddenly it goes, "Voah! Sorry, sir. I dozed off. So you are currently travelling at the rate of 45 kilometres in an hour."
DicKy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 13:53   #42
BHPian

MY18 Polo GT TSI - 39K Kms
  • Left suspension rattle. Need to replace the mounts, or possibly a suspension overhaul if I go for Biltsein, but the latter is not certain
  • Left AC vent broken - I drive solo most of the time, so no need to adjust the vent position on the passenger side. Hence didn't bother. Will replace in next service.
  • DSG box jerks are starting to show up recently. Need to get the DSG software reset probably
  • Someone stole the cover for the rear wiper bolt

MY20 Interceptor 650 - Nothing, except the fact that someone dropped my bike on my car in the parking while I was out of town. So now the windscreen on the bike is offset slightly to the right, doing my OCD no favours. Had to replace the car's rear bumper, because this 210Kg monster fell square on the bumper and cracked it. Had NCB protection, so no sweat.
GrandTourer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 13:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
Fluidic Verna
1. Ac vent clips- entire assembly costs 6k+ labour. And my kid will break it again.So not going to replace
If you have friends/colleagues abroad, you can get just the clips on sites like AliExpress.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005001759171255.html
greenhorn is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 15:31   #44
Senior - BHPian

2010 Tata Safari Dicor ODO 99849 KMs following are the list of current issues that I am facing:

1. AC Thermostat : It is not working for long and AC makes ICE for free and clogging the evaporator coil after prolonged use/humid weather. Managing with periodically switching off AC after some time. Replacing is costly affair as it needs to remove complete dashboard to replace thermostat.

2. Blower air selection mechanism : It is stuck for long, cannot change to other position than front. If try to change position, it gets stuck in other position and cannot return back. Somehow managed to keep it front. No plan to fix it at present.

3. Window winder driver side : It got broken few weeks back, ironically the original part was stopped since 2013 by Tata. Somehow found equivalent part from outside and replaced recently.

4. Long play in passender door handle : It is working but it has very long play and door gets open at the very fag end. Sometimes passenger gets confused that door is still locked. No plan to fix it as long as it is working.

5. AC condenser fan : After 12 years of ownership the AC condenser fan got jammed and it was not starting on its own. Little push using long wire was required to start the fan. Replaced recently.

Apart from above no issue at all in the car. 2 weeks back rat bit two of four injector wires, which I got it re-wired by electrician at home. But it was more of rat issue than actual problem.

Last edited by anujmishra : 16th May 2022 at 15:35.
anujmishra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 16:01   #45
Senior - BHPian

2012 Skoda Rapid TDI- 64000 kms.
1. There is a problem of the driver and front passenger windows having many long vertical scratches from top to bottom on the outside. These are deep enough and probably due to some debris in the window rubber which rubs hard against the windows when rolling up and down. Have shown it to my FNG but didn't get a solution. Fortunately this is not so with the rear windows as I don't roll it up or down.

2. Front horn at times gives only a "Peep" sound instead of the Skoda "Paam" sound. This is some loose connection, which gets addressed during service but recurs after long drives over pothole ridden roads and also becomes ok on its own.

3. Front centre arm-rest cover's clip had broken over 4 years back. When I asked Skoda, they quoted some 6k to replace the full unit. Tried sourcing this from aliexpress but the clip sent were of the older models and do not fit my 2012 Rapid. I made do with a rubber band to keep it closed since its always in the vertical standing position.

Other than the above niggles, nothing major to complain and all issues get attended as and when (if major) or at service (if minor)

Last edited by hrman : 16th May 2022 at 16:06.
hrman is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks