Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2022, 11:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

5-year old Tata Nexon suffering from serious rust issues

Thanks to Vinit S Turakhia for sending in the information. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Quote:
Hi Team,

Wanted to share an experience which I had with the purchase of my Tata Nexon from Gurudev Motors in Chennai

I purchased a Tata Nexon with them in December 2017. At the time of delivery itself, I noticed the petrol tank part getting rusted and I raised a complaint with them to which they responded by changing the lid. However, to my surprise, I noticed that the rusting issue is not just with the petrol door but it is internal and in a lot of other places which is starting to get visible after a few years of usage. The entire back panel right from the back door to the boot door is now completely rusted from the inside. To me, this seems to be completely a manufacturing issue since it was right from the start of purchase of the vehicle. I have raised multiples concerns with Tata motors (on Instagram, Twitter, Email and with the dealer) on this issue with no response from their end.

As a loyal Tata customer, as someone who trusted the brand and the quality of the product, I did not expect this from them and it is seriously disappointing since there are no ears to listen to the issue and take action. I have been waiting for more than a year now to hear from them on this issue and extend their support but unfortunately, they don't seem to care about the brand or the image they want to showcase to their customer.

I am attaching a few of the pictures of the issue for your understanding and reference. Hope you can help by letting the brand know about this issue.

Best Regards
5-year old Tata Nexon suffering from serious rust issues-tatanexonrustissues1.jpg

5-year old Tata Nexon suffering from serious rust issues-tatanexonrustissues2.jpg

5-year old Tata Nexon suffering from serious rust issues-tatanexonrustissues3.jpg

5-year old Tata Nexon suffering from serious rust issues-tatanexonrustissues4.jpg

5-year old Tata Nexon suffering from serious rust issues-tatanexonrustissues5.jpg

5-year old Tata Nexon suffering from serious rust issues-tatanexonrustissues6.jpg

5-year old Tata Nexon suffering from serious rust issues-tatanexonrustissues7.jpg

5-year old Tata Nexon suffering from serious rust issues-tatanexonrustissues8.jpg

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 25th April 2022 at 11:09.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 09:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: 5-year-old Tata Nexon SUV suffering from serious rust issues

While the vehicle issues are disproportionately biased towards the Harrier/Safari, the poor service is equally distributed to all customers.

This issue is hitting one of their strong points, the steel

Not a TML owner but honestly its becoming the norm to read about such experiences

Unfortunate state of affairs at TML, they need a drastic change in approach and attitude in service.
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 08:20   #3
BHPian

Re: 5-year old Tata Nexon suffering from serious rust issues

Tata has been making passenger cars since 1991 and they still haven't figured out or are still in the learning process of how to make them last without rusting or falling apart in 5 years.

This is not a one off case, Just hit the search bar on Twitter with 'Tata Car Rust' and you might be in for a surprise to see the number of angry customers with the same sort of rusting issues. And it's not limited to any one model even.
Guess Tata should focus on making cars with actual build quality in the strict sense instead of trolling other manufacturers before they even launch a product. How long do they think they can survive on PR alone?
jalex77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 09:17   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

The pictures made me travel back in time for sure.

Was kinda okay if it was in places exposed to water or leaves/debris/ get accumalated. But these look like places that shouldn't be rusted at all, especially the fuel lid.

Last edited by DicKy : 19th December 2022 at 09:36.
Old 25th October 2023, 21:16   #5
BHPian

One of my friend had shared the following rust pics of his 2.5 year old Nexon.

He's based out of Chennai and looking for any suggestions from other users.

5-year old Tata Nexon suffering from serious rust issues-20231025_210144.jpg

5-year old Tata Nexon suffering from serious rust issues-20231025_210152.jpg

5-year old Tata Nexon suffering from serious rust issues-20231025_210159.jpg

5-year old Tata Nexon suffering from serious rust issues-20231025_210209.jpg

5-year old Tata Nexon suffering from serious rust issues-20231025_210216.jpg

5-year old Tata Nexon suffering from serious rust issues-20231025_210230.jpg

5-year old Tata Nexon suffering from serious rust issues-20231025_210237.jpg
chaitanyakrish is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks