Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2022, 21:41   #1

Toyota Innova Crysta | Ants in junction box | Problems with cruise control & braking

I have a Crysta GX Automatic, June 2021 manufactured and I just wanted to check if any one else is facing the issues I am.

While driving at speeds above 45 km/h, while braking, a screeching noise keeps coming and when I complained during the first service, they said they did not find any issue.

Later, I realized that even my cruise control was not working and even after reading the manual many times, I could not get it to work.

For my 10k service, I went to the Nandi Toyota, Banaswadi and when I told them my issues, they said this was due to some ants in the junction box and once they are cleared, the issue should be sorted out. Then they informed me that they are taking some data and sending it to TKM as the problem was not sorted out. After one week, I requested them to give me the vehicle as I had to travel during the weekend. I returned the vehicle and it is nearly a month and the vehicle is still with them.

They kept on saying they were taking lots of data and sending it to TKM and finally after three weeks, the TKM guys came and took the data and some parts and disappeared. I tried the grievances section on the Toyota website and it said bad request and kicked me out. I mailed them but did not get any response. I could not wait any longer. So I mailed them again and called them up and finally they woke up and responded. But still they are not promising a delivery date. Are my expectations wrong or has Toyota quality has gone down?

When the car was delivered to me, I had to get the driver door beading fixed during the security plate fixing. I think they just did not do proper QA or PDI. I found the paint quality really poor. It was getting scratched even after I put a decent car cover. Only when I got the dealer to apply paint protection did the scratching stop.

I am happy with the SAs and service center experience, but after this incident I feel both the dealer and TKM are just incompetent. They are not able to get to the root cause or give a time line for resolution. When I try to press them hard, they say this is the first time they are seeing this kind of issue. Now they are saying they are going to get the same model car and keep replacing the parts from that car and try to fix the issue.
If any one else is facing similar issue please advice so that I can put pressure on the service guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta | Ants in junction box | Problems with cruise control & braking-ant1.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta | Ants in junction box | Problems with cruise control & braking-ant2.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta | Ants in junction box | Problems with cruise control & braking-ant3.jpeg  

Last edited by Aditya : 9th April 2022 at 09:28. Reason: Edited for better readability
sastradhar is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 19:19   #2

Re: Automatic GX 2021 Manufactured Crysta Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post
What is the update on this?
They could not figure out what the issue is and gave the car back. All they told me that they have taken data and are analyzing and get back when they figure out what the issue is.

I took the car as I had to travel and I don't expect the dealer or TKM to call back. The TKM guys dint even bother calling me all I got was an automated mail.

Well I guess even a Japanese company becomes desi after 20 years. I didn't see the TKM guys jumping around to figure out what the issue is, if it was any other country they would have moved hills to figure out what the issue was.

Last edited by Aditya : 11th April 2022 at 19:42. Reason: Typos, spacing
sastradhar is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th April 2022, 08:13   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta | Ants in junction box | Problems with cruise control & braking

Thanks for sharing, Sastradhar! Moving your post out to a new thread so as to warn others. A new thread means 100X the views & 100X the visibility in search engines, including Google. Will add to homepage tomorrow .

Am also sending a link of your complaint to some people at Toyota who I know. Hopefully it helps.

@ BHPians, if you should spot any good post in an existing thread that deserves its own new thread, please report the post and we'll move it out for greater visibility.

Thank you!
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 9th April 2022, 08:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta | Ants in junction box | Problems with cruise control & braking

Incompetence at the peak. Particularly since the car is in Bangalore, where Toyota is based in India.

If you need a thread in Team BHP to resolve some basic issue in your car, the car companies need to rethink about their customer support models. Toyota boasts about their quality and expect customers to pay through their nose. But this kind of incompetence and non responsiveness is unpardonable.

Keeping the vehicle at service center for one month to diagnose an issue and still don't know heads and tails..!! Is this a joke, Toyota?

Last edited by poloman : 9th April 2022 at 08:50.
poloman is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 21:24   #5
BHPian

This is really scary. Do you have any updates? I also own a GX auto that I bought in Jan 2022.

I have not heard great things about the guys at Nandi (my personal opinion only). I bought the vehicle from Ravindu in Rajajinagar. If you would like we can see if we can get some contacts there to help out and resolve this.

Kindly keep this thread updated.

Last edited by Aditya : 11th April 2022 at 19:44. Reason: Capital letters, spacing, punctuation
Viper21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 21:57   #6
BANNED

I have found this type of situation many times with these reliable brands. They can’t diagnose anything out of the ordinary!
Old 11th April 2022, 15:08   #7
BHPian

Does this usually happen if cars are parked under trees? The ants colonizing the fuse box?
Old 12th April 2022, 08:29   #8
BHPian

I had a similar experience when I hit DPF issues with my Crysta. The Nandi Toyota guys were very good and they did their best to try to get it fixed. But it next to impossible to talk to someone from Toyota. All their channels route back to the dealer itself. There is no way to talk to Toyota directly. My gripe was with the DPF warning notifications design in the 1st gen BS6 Crysta. It almost felt like it was designed to leave the driver stranded. My car hit DPF limp mode twice in 2 months. Nandi finally fixed it by replacing the injectors and catalytic converter. But i had a horrid time escalating to Toyota.

1. When running on the highway, automatic DPF regen happens.
2. If it doesn't happen for some reason, a warning is shown ONCE when the car is running for about 5 to 10 sec, when you are supposed to be looking at the road. If you miss it, tough luck.
3. It does not repeat nor does it show up when the car is started, when someone might actually notice these warnings.
4. There is no beep/alarm to inform the driver about this potential issue.
5. If you do not do manual regen, the DPF becomes full and you are not supposed to drive the car and it needs to be towed.
6. Once DPF becomes full, you cannot do manual regen.
7. If you press manual regen button when the DPF is not above a threshold, it does nothing.
8. To activate manual regen, you have to press and hold that button for 20 sec, which is not mentioned anywhere.
9. There is no indication to driver if the manual regen didn't start because DPF is not above the threshold or because you didn't press it long enough.
10. There is no way for a driver to check the level of DPF on thr mid.
oh_maan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 15:11   #9
BHPian

Ants?? I mean..... How??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks