Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2022, 19:21   #1

Excessive road & engine noise in my Ford Endeavour

Hi Friends
I bought a 2016 Endy, 3.2 AT 4x4 recently. While I did a test drive, the car seemed very quiet and smooth. After a few days and especially after the 60k km service at a Ford Service Center, I think there is a remarkable increase in engine noise and the vibration also seems high. I can feel the vibrations in the accelerator and floor. That smoothness and silence I experienced is definitely missing.

Can you please help me understand what could be the reason. And are all Endys like this?
Old 9th March 2022, 20:04   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Excessive road & engine noise in my Ford Endeavour

Have you informed to the service centre this? What did they have to tell?

First thing you should check is if they have used the right grade of oil for the engine. Next would be to rule out any air lock at injectors, apart from doing a quick check of both air and fuel filters.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 20:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Excessive road & engine noise in my Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthi.dorai View Post
Can you please help me understand what could be the reason. And are all Endys like this?
Endeavours are very smooth even at 1 lakh kms., and silent inside because of noise cancellation system. This system only works with music. But even with the music off the cabin is pretty silent. There is no rattle inside the cabin as well.

Take your car to the same ASC and let them check.

Did you check the service history of the vehicle before purchase?
Do you have extended warranty?

Download Ford pass app, register yourself and check the service history.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 10:05   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Excessive road & engine noise in my Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
.... silent inside because of noise cancellation system....
Looks like you need to check this system. OR may be you've been previously experiencing noise cancellation.

Otherwise, I dont see how suddenly a service can change the NVH of the car. IF you insist on a mechanical check up since you feel the vibrations, check the engine and gearbox mounts and the injectors. You can also check the wheel bearings, for humming sounds at speed.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 10:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Looks like you need to check this system. OR may be you've been previously experiencing noise cancellation.
The Active Noise cancellation in my Endeavour is working perfectly fine since day 1. No need for me to get it checked.

Quote:
Otherwise, I dont see how suddenly a service can change the NVH of the car. IF you insist on a mechanical check up since you feel the vibrations, check the engine and gearbox mounts and the injectors. You can also check the wheel bearings, for humming sounds at speed.
This needs to be checked by the respective owner in post #1. My Endeavour is working perfectly fine without any isssues.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 10th March 2022 at 10:25.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 12:07   #6

I took it to the ASC and they did a test drive and said this sound and vibrations are normal. But it still doesnt feel correct to me. Will get it rechecked again. Thanks for your reply.

I dont have extended warranty. I think the noise cancellation works very well since I notice this sound only when I drive without music on.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th March 2022 at 13:36. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
parthi.dorai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 12:24   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Active Noise cancellation in my Endeavour is working perfectly fine since day 1. No need for me to get it checked.
Umm.. I thought I replied to the OP's question, since he had a problem with noise, not you. Also, quoted your post hence I thought you may be right. Check out the bold in quoted text.
Quote:
This needs to be checked by the respective owner in post #1. My Endeavour is working perfectly fine without any isssues.
Never said your endeavor had a problem. Apparently, it's working very well, hence your reply to the OP's post.

Last edited by dhanushs : 10th March 2022 at 12:25.
dhanushs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 13:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthi.dorai View Post
I took it to the ASC and they did a test drive and said this sound and vibrations are normal. But it still doesnt feel correct to me. Will get it rechecked again. Thanks for your reply.
Mere a test drive is not sufficient. 3.2 has a nice grunt and it's quite audible if music is off.

Do the following:
1. Go to another ASC and get the vehicle scanned in your presence to check for any errors. Also get the vehicle lifted and check the bushing, control arms and suspension. There is a bush called 'Stop' which goes and can cause metal to metal contact.
2. Check the drive belts.
3. Either way after visit to ASC, get the vehicle alignment done from a good alignment center with Hunter machine.

Vibration in the steering wheel can also be due to issues with the steering column system.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks