Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2024, 17:17   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Cars Diagnostic and ECU data files

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurvr View Post
You are welcome. Can you guys tell when my status will change from newbie? I am fairly new on this forum.
Thanks for your contribution. Your newbie status will be upgraded once you cross 25 posts.

Please check details of membership levels here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/annou...-benefits.html (Explanation of Membership Levels (Newbie, BHPian etc) & Their Benefits)
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2024, 16:26   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Is there any possibility to get a Tata Nexon XZ+ BCM version file? Specifically for a model upto May-June-2019. A model with 4 star safety rating.

Why I'm looking for it? Mine is a refresh from July-August 2019. This was a 5* Gncap rated car, and in order to achieve this - they removed the speed sensing auto-door locks. Just for 6 months. From the 2020 facelift onwards - the car got the auto-locks again!!

I want the auto-locks and I feel the older version of the BCM will bring them back. The automatic controller still exists in my car also - as the door-locks auto-unlock when the car is shutdown. Stupid Tata really.

If anyone can help, that will be great. Its the newest car in my garage and the other 2 cars that are 10 years old each - have auto door-locks. Cruel joke.
Hi Reinhard, I have not seen anyone reading BCM file and writing it back to BCM. I do not say it is not possible but as compared to ECMs, the BCMs are much cheaper things and have straight forward yes or no programming built in them. For example, for all tata tiago, tigor, nexon, altroz and other cars there will be single model of BCM in use. In that BCM, your car dealer or manufacturer will set some functions off to match with your car model. You can copy the file from a BCM but that will need direct connections to the microcontroller after opening the cover of BCM and using JTAG or CAN Hi/low connections directly to the PCB.

In your case, there are two ways and both will involve the OEM software or OEM like diagnostic tools like Thinkdiag, Xtool etc. In one case, go to scrap yard and find the BCM that has functions you want to be there, connect it to your car and program VIN to it so that it can communicate with other ECUs of car. Second line of work is go to the dealer and ask him to activate the functions in BCM that you want. In most of the cases, Tata workshop personnel are not trained enough to modify BCM parameters so that totally depends on luck. I will confirm more on modifying BCM parameters tomorrow with screen shots.
gaurvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2024, 17:03   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurvr View Post
In one case, go to scrap yard and find the BCM that has functions you want to be there, connect it to your car and program VIN to it so that it can communicate with other ECUs of car. Second line of work is go to the dealer and ask him to activate the functions in BCM that you want. In most of the cases, Tata workshop personnel are not trained enough to modify BCM parameters so that totally depends on luck. I will confirm more on modifying BCM parameters tomorrow with screen shots.
There has rarely been a post more exciting for me on the forum than this one . If you can actually bring some information about a way to actually change this flag inside the BCM software - I'd do a few orbits around all planets of the Solar system. Really really hoping that there is a way and looking forward to a message from you. Cheers!
Old 7th June 2024, 11:57   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
There has rarely been a post more exciting for me on the forum than this one . If you can actually bring some information about a way to actually change this flag inside the BCM software - I'd do a few orbits around all planets of the Solar system. Really really hoping that there is a way and looking forward to a message from you. Cheers!
Hi Reinhard, please check the link below as reference to use BCM replacement strategy.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ol-module.html (VW Polo DIY: Upgrading the BCM (Body Control Module))

If you want to perform modification in firmware file then you can check the below link. There is just one catch in this strategy, we are assuming that company has unlocked the configurable features of BCM for dealer level modifications. For this strategy route, I will recommend a good pass-thru device like original Tactrix Openport or vehicle compatible USB to OBD diagnostic cable and use windows software of FORscan extended trial license.

https://www.fordescape.org/threads/b...clined.120488/

I hope that helps you find the direction. I am personnally more dedicated to ECM so BCM does not interest me. But you should sure pursue your interest and I will be happy to help (if I am capable to) with your queries.
Old 9th September 2024, 12:30   #35
BHPian

Hi everyone, After learning a lot about ECU tuning and how everthing controlled by electronic works in CAR Engine. I decided to dive deeper into embedded systems or more like Real Time Operating Systems. I tried my hand on Arduino and Microbit hardwares and linked them to how microcontrollers the one in my ECU from Infeneon works. Well I also published a book on Tinkercad in the mean time which discussed about Arduino programming. So, all in all, my next goal in mechatronics will be to perform digital disection of ECUs and make the information available for public domain.

One more update is I have sold my Tata Tigor car because tata cars age very fast. The build quality of tata that everyone feels proud starts to get rust very fast after 5 years. As a parting gift of tata tigor. I present to you Winols file with identified maps that can be helpful to others who want to tune the DCM 2.5P ecu. File is attached to this post.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tigor_all_maps_identified.zip (807.7 KB, 7 views)
gaurvr is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks