Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2022, 14:26   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid 1.5 TDI DSG failure | Quoted Rs 95000, no goodwill warranty from Skoda | Options?

Just curious and a bit off topic, how much does a brand new full DSG box for Rapid cost?
Old 14th February 2022, 15:23   #122
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid 1.5 TDI DSG failure | Quoted Rs 95000, no goodwill warranty from Skoda | Options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Just curious and a bit off topic, how much does a brand new full DSG box for Rapid cost?
The full gearbox seems to be about 4L.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-0am300065l013-28124413/
d3mon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 17:35   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
The full gearbox seems to be about 4L.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-0am300065l013-28124413/
That's correct. It's ~ 4L as per Skoda for my Octavia DQ200 DSG.
Old 14th February 2022, 19:07   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Have they told you about these parts previously before replacing the Mechatronics? Did you got valuation of the car on as is where is basis?

I am not sure if spending 2 Lac + will be a wise thing on a Skoda rapid. Will they return your car after removing the installed unit unrepaired?
They have given a disclaimer that they will be able to check on the other parts only when the mechatronics is replaced as other signals are not being received. As the breakdown is in a different state, the valuation is very low.
Old 26th October 2022, 20:42   #125
BHPian

Apologies for not keeping this thread updated!!!

I have taken delivery of my Rapid after almost 2 months in the month of March 2022. The final bill came up to Rs. 1,94,520. There was no discount or goodwill offered.

Vehicle has never returned to normal condition even after performing base settings and software updates a few times in the last 6 months. Acceleration was very sluggish and observed heavy jerking between downshift and loud noise when rapid deceleration from D5 to D4.

I have SOLD the vehicle as I have lost patience and peace of mind. The vehicle's clutch values have fallen drastically within 3000 kms of driving and I was looking at one more dual clutch failure.

Sold the vehicle to OLX Autos after evaluating Spinny. I have lost the 2L spent on the repair as none of the used car aggregators were ready to consider that in the offer and they have calculated based on the general depreciation and age.
vinaydatla is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 01:07   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydatla View Post

I have taken delivery of my Rapid after almost 2 months in the month of March 2022. The final bill came up to Rs. 1,94,520. There was no discount or goodwill offered.

Vehicle has never returned to normal condition even after performing base settings and software updates a few times in the last 6 months. Acceleration was very sluggish and observed heavy jerking between downshift and loud noise when rapid deceleration from D5 to D4.

I have SOLD the vehicle as I have lost patience and peace of mind. The vehicle's clutch values have fallen drastically within 3000 kms of driving and I was looking at one more dual clutch failure.
I have always felt that giving your money to VSAG was like playing Russian roulette.

This has strengthened that belief even more. At least good riddance.

Now hopefully you will keep yourself and your loved ones away from VSAG cars, and will recommend it to someone you secretly hate.

Jokes aside I hope your next car experience goes much better.
ASHUJNMC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 22:28   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sold the vehicle to OLX Autos after evaluating Spinny. I have lost the 2L spent on the repair as none of the used car aggregators were ready to consider that in the offer and they have calculated based on the general depreciation and age.
That is a very sad end to the ownership experience. My Skoda Rapid TDi DSG is in its 7th year of ownership. It will be 8 years old next year with 32K kms on the ODO. Reading your experience is making me very jittery.

All,
Should I would be worried and replace the vehicle before it fails or continue till the fairy tale lasts ? Please advise.

Regards,
F150
Old 30th October 2022, 22:38   #128
BANNED

OMG. Is this a common issue with the VW and Skoda TDI engines? How about the TSI ones?
Old 31st October 2022, 10:20   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte_carlo View Post
OMG. Is this a common issue with the VW and Skoda TDI engines? How about the TSI ones?
Irrespective of the engine TSI or TDI, the DSG DQ200 is prone to mechatronics failure, especially in India due to the harsh weather and traffic conditions.
_Piyush_ is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 19:31   #130
BHPian

I have driven my brother's Rapid TDI DSG currently at 1.1L kms, running still on the original clutch. In D mode it's really sluggish, shift tho manual and change gears after revving to 2.2 to 2.5k, the vehicle moves swiftly. Downshift if you want more engine breaking or just let it do the downshifts. I found it better to drive in manual
kanna.sridharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 11:08   #131

Quote:

I have a 2016 vento tdi dsg 93000km. Was thinking of getting it remapped and get a dsg tune too. Don't know how to feel about it bow

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks