Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2022, 12:54   #16
DVK
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar Petrol | Excessive vibrations & power loss from engine

I doubt if it is a fuel related issue. The petrol bunk is one of the most reputed one in the heart of the city. And any amount of adulteration would also result in countless other Thars apart from numerous BMWs, Mercs, and others to throw a fit too. I drive a few kms out of my way to go and fill at that particular bunk in my Creta despite having one right next to me.
I would not say it is impossible, just that the possibility seems very little.
Old 21st January 2022, 08:16   #17
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar Petrol | Excessive vibrations & power loss from engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroDark View Post
Very true regarding the unpredictability of rats. That's the reason why it is the strongest point for the dealer and the highest burden of proof on me. The images of rat bites sent by the service advisor after receiving the vehicle from RSA were too hard to miss when I initially checked as soon as the vehicle broke down, so it makes me suspicious of how I could miss. He claims that it bit small portions under the engine which is the 'fuel injection sensor-common rail' related wiring.

As suggested by you, I already requested a detailed diagnostic report and a case file for the repair. They said they will arrange for it in a days time. But how I wish I made time out of work and went personally to check on the issue from start to end.

A huge doubt I have is, in case it is a fuel adulteration problem, why are they hesitating to let me know? So that I can pursue it at the fuel station that I always fill up at.
I suspect the rat bite theory. If a rat did bite a wire or a sensor, the car should have either thrown up an error code and/or not started up and run at all. This intermediate running, stopping, spluttering and power loss is a hallmark of something else. We can't have a wire which sends electrical power sometime and doesn't work the other time, can we?
If rats enter your car, you will see evidence like little paw marks in the dust, uneaten food particles, rat droppings, bite marks on wires, felt insulation, a musty odour etc.

I agree there is no reason for Mahindra to hide a fuel adulteration issue, let's wait for their detailed report and bill of repairs.
AirbusCapt is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks