Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2022, 20:48   #31
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Clutch failure at 15,000 Kms/1.5 yrs

Sorry to hear this. I wonder why Teambhp post shows a blue car which was never released in 2020.

How much does it cost to replace this? I am worried about this and might as well stay prepared.
Old 15th January 2022, 09:16   #32
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Clutch failure at 15,000 Kms/1.5 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by giribhai View Post
Got the Car just an hour back, haven’t been able to drive but boy jeep dealers really are disappointing:

- I had asked for the replaced parts like 5 times and they didn’t send it across, earlier had asked for the pictures never got those.

- I had asked for the car to be dry cleaned - they didn’t do it and to top it all there are dirt stains all across the interior - on enquiring the driver (from the dealer) said that some people sat in the rear while driving the car to the workshop or something on those lines.

- Diesel was full tank and is now at quarter tank.

- somehow as I drove the car to park, it felt as if the acceleration was higher than before - could be because I was driving an ertiga for the last 15 days or something else or because it’s a new clutch.

Hi!

It was a very unfortunate incident! Let me give you some insights here as to why this has happened! My brother has been driving the same vehicle hence I have a good idea as to what has happened!

1. Never drive in traffic on the 2nd gear relying on half clutch. I do it with my scorpio, but the jeep would react very differently if that's done (Being specific to the Multijet 2.0 driveline)

2. Whenever in traffic, keep on the 1st gear and let the vehicle sort of creep with just releasing the accelerator pedal. The car would easily go to about 20-25 km/hr.

3. This issue which you have faced would have come due to clutch riding. Flywheel being replaced in a result of it as it would have had heat marks (blue patches).

I am sure you would be driving well, but anyone else who has not driven the jeep or doesn't drive it too often usually makes this mistake.

One way of catching this issue is to check if the person is stalling the vehicle too often. That's a clear indication by the vehicle that the vehicle is on a higher gear at lower speed and we are relying on half clutch to pick the vehicle.

I am sure this would be sounding like pure gyaan , but talking out of experience post burning our hands with the same concern!
S.I.N.G.H is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks