Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2021, 10:32   #1
BHPian

Anti-theft siren blowing after reconnecting battery

I went out of station for around 45 days and as per mechanic's advice, disconnected the battery in my Suzuki SX4 to avoid draining.

After coming back, I opened the door manually with key (as no power lock), opened the bonnet and connected the battery and siren does not stop even after I use remote keys to unlock or try to start the engine. basically nothing.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?
Appreciate inputs.
Incidentally, my other car (Audi Q5) did not show this issue although the sequence of events was same.

(Moderators: Please move this thread to relevant one if this is not the correct one)
Old 1st December 2021, 11:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Anti-theft siren blowing after reconnecting battery

Please confirm

1. Is the door locking and unlocking happening with remote lock unlock operations?

If door is not locking and unlocking with remote, it means remote battery is down and need replacement.

If remote battery is confirmed to be working (from above experiment) then, as a temporary solution, after connection of battery, when the siren is continuously making sounds, press both lock and unlock button simultaneously and make the mode to silent mode. Then, once the mode is silent, try locking and unlocking the door 2-3 times. And then, press both buttons simultaneously again to get back to normal mode. Mostly your problem will be solved.

Else, make silent mode again and take it is ASC

PS: Enabling silent mode is different in different devices. In Autocop device, it used to be pressing both buttons simultaneously for 3 secs. So, please follow right steps to enter silent mode as per instruction manual for your device.

Last edited by gkveda : 1st December 2021 at 11:04.
gkveda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 11:11   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
PS: Enabling silent mode is different in different devices. In Autocop device, it used to be pressing both buttons simultaneously for 3 secs. So, please follow right steps to enter silent mode as per instruction manual for your device.
If the OP is using OE keys with remote for the SX4, then it is the same to enable silent mode - Press Lock/Unlock simultaneously.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 11:31   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Like mentioned above, Looks like your remote isnt working. If its working, locking and unlocking the car with remote should solve this issue.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 11:38   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Like mentioned above, Looks like your remote isnt working. If its working, locking and unlocking the car with remote should solve this issue.
I think the remote is working, at least when I read this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadFun View Post
siren does not stop even after I use remote keys to unlock or try to start the engine.
So I presume the car is locking and unlocking each time the buttons on the remote are pressed.

This happens sometimes when the car's battery itself is weak. But that is not the case. Further, this would have happened because he tried to open the car door using the keys while it was last locked using the remote and battery was disconnected.

I feel the car needs a visit to ASC where they will reset the remote locking system.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 12:30   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Please confirm

1. Is the door locking and unlocking happening with remote lock unlock operations?

If door is not locking and unlocking with remote, it means remote battery is down and need replacement.

If remote battery is confirmed to be working (from above experiment) then, as a temporary solution, after connection of battery, when the siren is continuously making sounds, press both lock and unlock button simultaneously and make the mode to silent mode. Then, once the mode is silent, try locking and unlocking the door 2-3 times. And then, press both buttons simultaneously again to get back to normal mode. Mostly your problem will be solved.

Else, make silent mode again and take it is ASC

Yes, locking and unlocking is happening with the keys. Will try to put into silent mode and then ASC. thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
That's what I thought too, but it is not solving the issue.
Old 1st December 2021, 12:43   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadFun View Post
I went out of station for around 45 days and as per mechanic's advice, disconnected the battery in my Suzuki SX4 to avoid draining.

After coming back, I opened the door manually with key (as no power lock), opened the bonnet and connected the battery and siren does not stop even after I use remote keys to unlock or try to start the engine. basically nothing.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?
Appreciate inputs.
Incidentally, my other car (Audi Q5) did not show this issue although the sequence of events was same.

(Moderators: Please move this thread to relevant one if this is not the correct one)
Get the Nippon manual from here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post3410952 (Valet mode in Nippon mobile security)

I am not sure what your exact problem is, but disabling the anti-hijack mode solved it for me in a similar situation. You could look at the manual and try out other options.

Try disabling Anti-hijack mode:
  • Switch off engine,
  • open and close the driver side door
  • (R) Switch on ignition, press the security button near the steering column, switch off ignition
  • Repeat (R) 3 more times (this means you entered code 1111 that disarms the alarm)
mvadg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 14:26   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Get the Nippon manual from here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post3410952 (Valet mode in Nippon mobile security)

I am not sure what your exact problem is, but disabling the anti-hijack mode solved it for me in a similar situation. You could look at the manual and try out other options.

Try disabling Anti-hijack mode:
  • Switch off engine,
  • open and close the driver side door
  • (R) Switch on ignition, press the security button near the steering column, switch off ignition
  • Repeat (R) 3 more times (this means you entered code 1111 that disarms the alarm)
Tried that. Succeeded in second attempt when I think I did that exercise for 4 times. Thanks very much to all those who chipped in. Team-BHP is indeed the forum with all the experts!

Last edited by OffRoadFun : 1st December 2021 at 14:33. Reason: Clarification
OffRoadFun is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks