Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2021, 09:47   #16
BHPian

re: Check engine light comes up, then oil indicator light, Engine shuts down. EDIT: Issue resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Firstly take a second opinion from another ASC or a third party multi car workshop. Just take a second opinion before you take the call.
Alas I wished that was possible. I can only trust the Service Centre listed in Team-bhp Directory (Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)). All I can do is tele consult, due to my non availability on Noida till this week end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
If you are keeping the vehicle for long, replace all 4 injectors to avoid the rework later. They may fail as well, its just a matter of time. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Injectors can be refurbished easily. New injectors are definitely expensive. See if you can get injectors from a scrapped car. Either way new/refurbished injectors needs to be registered with the ECU by updating the serial number on the injector. This is done by a scan tool.
Thank you so much for the suggestions. I will ensure this is done. I am yet undecided with the future of this car. It is being used by my father who is in late 70s. His usage is 100-150 kms round trip once in a month or/and a local trip of 10-20 kms twice a month. I plan to keep this car for another 4-5 years as long as it remains reliable.
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 09:52   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Check engine light comes up, then oil indicator light, Engine shuts down. EDIT: Issue resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Thank you so much for the suggestions. I will ensure this is done. I am yet undecided with the future of this car. It is being used by my father who is in late 70s. His usage is 100-150 kms round trip once in a month or/and a local trip of 10-20 kms twice a month. I plan to keep this car for another 4-5 years as long as it remains reliable.
150 kms a month is too less running to spend on a new car IMHO. You can continue using Micra after getting it fixed. Also, the Nissan Micra is one of the better engineered hatchbacks.
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 17:59   #18

My Nissan Micra 2011 (Diesel) done 89K has similar issue. The car after being driven in traffic for 10-15 Kms shuts down. Have to switch the ignition completely and then it will start back. It is scary if it's being driven in a fast lane. Multiple times the car has been to Nissan Service and initially they said all is fine. Later they kept the car for 2 weeks and informed me that the ECM has issues and has to be replaced. The cost of it is over 1 Lac but as I get my car serviced at them from the beginning they will give me the ECM at 86K.
However I was not satisfied with their answer and I feel Nissan service has not diagnosed the issue. Can any from BHPian's community advise me an independent mechanic in Hyderabad/Secunderabad to get my car fixed. Thank you.
Ismail Swim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 20:49   #19

I'll offer my two cents here, the Errors in red are currently present and the ones in yellow are past errors. So the ones in RED are mostly likely the reason.

The P0070 and P0235 errors are related to the boost pressure sensor in the air Intake side of the engine, this is common problem with diesel engines where the sensor is either faulty or not connected properly. Check if relacing it will solve the problem. It is generally present after the Intercooler and before the intake manifold. A very important sensor which calculates the amount of air going in.

P0089 is related to the Rail pressure sensor on the Rail which regulates the rail pressure. This error will cause the engine to shut down since this a very important sensor. Check for damages or replace it.
I'm not sure what B2193 error is, maybe the technician can offer you some solution here.

Hope that helps
ninjanayak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 22:09   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjanayak View Post
I'll offer my two cents here, the Errors in red are currently present and the ones in yellow are past errors. Hope that helps
Thanks for the opinion dear. The car is royally stuck. I sent the car to a reputed Garage in Noida. The garage has good reviews online and is the recommended one in Tbhp Directory. They seemed confident. Issue as per them was bad fuel leading to damage of fuel pump and injectors. I was asked a budgetary approval of 20-25K, to which I agreed, considering their reputation. I was told they will be sending the pump and injectors elsewhere for testing. For next 3-4 days of follow up I was told that only two injectors could be opened and two are stuck. After 4 days finally the injectors were opened and sent for repairs/ inspection. I was also informed that a part of one injector was stuck in the head and need additional approval for opening the head. After 5 day I was Informed that two injectors need replacement and they will arranged from some scraped engine and may take some time. The pump according to them was damaged and has been repaired. Now i have been given a revised estimate of 50-60 k (16 k for pump repair, 16 k for injectors, rest i don’t know what), 10 days back. I was informed I will be contacted once final bill is ready. My calls are either not answered or a text “will call you back” Due to service commitments I was not available in Noida initially then got hospitalised due to Dengue in a service hospital. I hope to get discharged soon and check personally.
Old 25th December 2021, 23:36   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismail Swim View Post
My Nissan Micra 2011 (Diesel) done 89K has similar issue. The car after being driven in traffic for 10-15 Kms shuts down. Have to switch the ignition completely and then it will start back. It is scary if it's being driven in a fast lane. Multiple times the car has been to Nissan Service and initially they said all is fine. Later they kept the car for 2 weeks and informed me that the ECM has issues and has to be replaced. The cost of it is over 1 Lac but as I get my car serviced at them from the beginning they will give me the ECM at 86K.
However I was not satisfied with their answer and I feel Nissan service has not diagnosed the issue. Can any from BHPian's community advise me an independent mechanic in Hyderabad/Secunderabad to get my car fixed. Thank you.
Had been to the ASC today and I got the codes, they are saying that their is Malfunction in the ECM and hence while the car is running and hot certain times it is not relaying the signal to the fuel pressure switch (P0089) and P0170 and say that they will replace the ECM at cost of 85K. There's another code P0380 which they is common and nothing to worry. As I have taken the video when the MIL comes on, I'm sharing the same through this link of my WD Cloud Home for BHPian's to check and give me some guidance.
(https://home.mycloud.com/action/shar...b-5cc777160fbe)

Thank you all for your kind support. Also I would like to mention that before the car started the engine cut of issue, certain times my RPM used to go down and come up automatically, is it due to the injectors mal function. I will really appreciate response as I don't want invest in a new car due to COVID
Attached Images

Old 26th December 2021, 08:45   #22
BHPian

My car is finally back after a month with the garage. Initially the injectors were replaced, fuel pump repaired and fuel tank cleaned. However the issue cropped up again and the BCM was repaired. The car is not showing any errors now. Since I have moved closer to my hometown all the long drives have been cut shorts. Hope the car remains reliable for another 4-5 years before it can be scraped.
Regards
bravo82in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 10:29   #23

Re: Check engine light comes up, then oil indicator light, Engine shuts down. EDIT: Issue resolved

In March I finally got the car repaired. Changed the high pressure but still the issue persisted. Had left the car at a very highly rated mechanic situated in Kondapur, Hyderabad. He was the one who replaced the pump and when the issue was not sorted out he kept the car near him for a month and tried all the means he could, in bargain he made my car worse. One of my friend suggested me to contact Mr. Ali who deals in ECM's and doesn't repair them. He took 40K and replaced the ECM with another original ECM (used). Then he copied the old ECM data and transferred it to the new one.
Gave the car next day. The car became so smooth and how much I revv hard no black smoke from exhaust.
I am all happy with the car and plan to keep it till the expiry of the present registration which is 2026. Then will scrap the car as per Govt policy.
This Mr. Ali is good guy, initially we must bargain a good deal with him. As I was frustrated and wanted the car to be running I didn't think twice when he quoted the price as he had guaranteed the car will be repaired.
Wishing all BHPian's a safe driving in this monsoon season.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks