srinivas794 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 07:46   #3
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas794 View Post
Found another Kushaq breakdown news here: Lemon cars again

https://twitter.com/Kshitij1198/stat...05361336782850
Skoda forgot that the most basic feature expected in a car is its capability to move passengers from one place to other, for that the car needs to start.

It's not as if they have loaded the car with lots of other features.
drivingmelody is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 00:53   #4
BHPian

Here's the link to one more of such breakdowns.

I am looking to get one this year which will be my daily driver, and am torn between Kushaq and Harrier. But such reports are making me skeptical over Skoda as reliability is a prime concern. I haven't seen any reports of a Harrier or a Safari breaking down in the middle of the road. Does the perks of owning a Skoda is accompanied by such breaking downs normally?

Last edited by GTO : 23rd August 2021 at 07:56. Reason: Fixing link
adventureseeker is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 10:18   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventureseeker View Post
Three cases above! One too many for a brand new launch. It'd devastated if my brand new car broke down - niggles are often expected when you purchase just after launch, not breakdowns.

In fact, Zac has acknowledged quality issues leading to breakdowns with the car. It is good to see that Skoda has acknowledged the issue and is working on resolution - but I do hope the owners who have suffered received adequate replacements/compensation.

That said - No Zac. This should NOT be "normal" in the launch phase. Sounds quite insulting to a trusting customer who has voted their confidence with hard earned money IMHO.

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot_20210821100721_chrome.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 21st August 2021 at 10:31.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (43) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 11:59   #6
BHPian

https://www.facebook.com/groups/skod...0206675602932/

This poor guy's brand new car broke down twice within 15 days of purchase. I hope Skoda takes care of his issue. It is absolutely atrocious that the care broke down for the second time within 200 km after the repair from the first incident.
adventureseeker is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 23:04   #7
Team-BHP Support

Another owner takes to twitter - as the music system stopped working, apparently.

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot_20210822231451_twitter.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Was not impressed - It feels powerful inside the city but once you hit an open road, the power is less impressive and the DSG seemed to hesitate.
D or S?

D tends to shift up around the 2000rpm mark, favouring smoothness and economy over performance. Could also be in the interest of longer life of that gearbox!

S on the other hand tends to keep the rpm higher than 2k. Doubt if the old 1.2 TSi or any competing automatics in this price bracket can keep up.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd August 2021 at 23:21.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 12:15   #8
BHPian

Got these as WhatsApp forwards. These are not 'many 'issues it seems. The same 2 folks are reposting the same problems multiple times (Jithender Goel & Sushil Ojha) to get a quick fix.Hopes this get fixed as Zac assures.

Link : https://www.facebook.com/groups/skod...1000545523545/
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-img_20210823_121225.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-img_20210823_121205.jpg  

Last edited by 5252rpm : 23rd August 2021 at 12:20. Reason: Added link
5252rpm is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 12:37   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareshjethwani View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas794 View Post
Found another Kushaq breakdown news here: Lemon cars again

https://twitter.com/Kshitij1198/stat...05361336782850
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventureseeker View Post

I am looking to get one this year which will be my daily driver, and am torn between Kushaq and Harrier. But such reports are making me skeptical over Skoda as reliability is a prime concern. I haven't seen any reports of a Harrier or a Safari breaking down in the middle of the road. Does the perks of owning a Skoda is accompanied by such breaking downs normally?
You must have some nerve to share a link of a breakdown, and still talk about buying the car in the same breath - with three more links right above your post. Wait (if you must get Kushaq) or go with something more reliable for your daily driver at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Three cases above! One too many for a brand new launch. It'd devastated if my brand new car broke down - niggles are often expected when you purchase just after launch, not breakdowns.

In fact, Zac has acknowledged quality issues leading to breakdowns with the car. It is good to see that Skoda has acknowledged the issue and is working on resolution - but I do hope the owners who have suffered received adequate replacements/compensation.

That said - No Zac. This should NOT be "normal" in the launch phase. Sounds quite insulting to a trusting customer who has voted their confidence with hard earned money IMHO.

Attachment 2196184
I second that. Just because we have a lack of good engine options in India, companies like Skoda/VW who have produced cars with not just niggles but major problems are still able to sell vehicles to the enthusiasts. These are the same guys who love their cars, and are treated to the 'engine not starting' in the first week of purchase This is absolutely un-real, and shocking. I have thankfully waited patiently, and am not going to put my money in their 'beautiful' TSI/DSG, and would rather drive a slower/unenthusiastic engine than be stranded with family (god-forbid) in the middle of nowhere.
Nope. Sorry. Thank you.

Last edited by pratyaksh : 23rd August 2021 at 12:39.
pratyaksh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 14:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

Such reassuring words by the chief himself besides personally reaching out to the affected owners. What more can you demand as a Skoda owner? Hope the top honchos at Ford are listening and one would've liked to see them taking such actions with related to their DPF complaints. Folks at Ford, in case you didn't know, this is how you get it done and not by being in denial mode or remain incommunicado.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-img_20210823_121205.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 23rd August 2021 at 14:13.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 14:17   #11
BHPian

Being one of the first few owners of the VW TDI 3 cylinder and the VW GT TSI DSG, here's a brief note on the overall experience as an early adopter of a car:

1. There will be the utmost attention paid to any issues that crop up. An example. On my TDI, VW had changed my injectors in the first 500 kms. The car was stalling for no particular reason.

2. I almost cancelled my booking for the GT TSI after I read everything I could find on the DQ200. Finally convinced myself that VW will take care of it. Went on to not only get that but also the TDI DSG Vento. Both these did not do too many kms (~90,000 km between the 2), but within that, there were no DSG issue ever. Minor updates etc. were always done.

3. This is the MOST crucial time for the manufacturer to get feedback from the real world and they will do everything to ensure the issues are solved.

Yes it will not be a Toyota or Suzuki niggle free from the start, but at the same-time there is a very little chance that the product is faulty or defective. Go ahead get the car, drive it, enjoy it.

Cheers!

Last edited by NevGin : 23rd August 2021 at 14:18.
NevGin is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 15:10   #12
BHPian

As a owner of a 2011 Passat & a 2017 Tiguan, I was all set to book the Taigun to replace my ageing Duster, but better sense has prevailed & I've now booked the Hyundai Alcazar instead.

VAG cars, though brilliant to drive are prone to expensive repairs & there's no proper VAG workshop in all of Himachal, thus for evey mechanical issue I have to send my cars to Chandigarh.

Recently, my Passat has become a money sink - first flywheel failure, then A/C problems, then the Suspension bushes and now the Shock absorbers need replacing.

All very expensive jobs, I'm getting all the repairs done as I intend to keep the car awhile longer and I like to ensure all my care are in perfect working condition. However, I'm choosing the Hyundai for cheaper maintenance and workshop availability everywhere.
driven646 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 15:15   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven646 View Post

Recently, my Passat has become a money sink - first flywheel failure, then A/C problems, then the Suspension bushes and now the Shock absorbers need replacing.
Just curious, how old is the car and what is the current odo reading?
Old 23rd August 2021, 15:22   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven646 View Post
As a owner of a 2011 Passat & a 2017 Tiguan, I was all set to book the Taigun to replace my ageing Duster, but better sense has prevailed & I've now booked the Hyundai Alcazar instead.

VAG cars, though brilliant to drive are prone to expensive repairs & there's no proper VAG workshop in all of Himachal, thus for evey mechanical issue I have to send my cars to Chandigarh.

All very expensive jobs, I'm getting all the repairs done as I intend to keep the car awhile longer and I like to ensure all my care are in perfect working condition. However, I'm choosing the Hyundai for cheaper maintenance and workshop availability everywhere.
Hyundai service being cheap is a myth. I think Mandi and Shimla had VW and Skoda dealers, rest I'm sure you would know better about the availability and competency of the dealers in that region.
agambhandari is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 15:49   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Hyundai service being cheap is a myth. I think Mandi and Shimla had VW and Skoda dealers, rest I'm sure you would know better about the availability and competency of the dealers in that region.
I have friends who have Hyundai's and we've compared notes and had discussions - their service and repair costs are far lower than mine - of course, not Maruti cheap but that's expected. Also Hyundai dealerships with proper workshops are available all over Himachal.

VW has a small display showroom only in Solan, no repair or service facility. Shimla has nothing, in Mandi, there is again a small showroom and a repair/service facility - but I'm not too sure about the competence of their mechanics as I've had friends whose Polos & Ventos were not serviced or repaired properly there, resulting in them having to send the vehicles to Chandigarh.
driven646 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed