Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2021, 17:18   #91

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul9229 View Post
Hello friends.

Today , I got an update from the service manager that all rattles have been sorted out, power window motor is changed. But they are still working on EPC and starting issue as both may be related to each other and skoda India is directly handling this particular issue.
Rattling on windows on a new vehicle (newly launched) in ~2k KMS = Not what I would expect. I just thought that given the new launch, they would've rectified their "infamous window rattles" by now .I am however surprised that given the number of cars affected due to the EPC errors & with the diagnostics tools at their disposal, it is taking them quite a while to find the cause and come up with a solution .

I am not bashing the company, since I own a Polo myself and I am extremely happy, I'm sure it's very frustrating for owners given the time this is taking to be resolved, especially when someone who has spend ~15+L on a brand new vehicle. Hoping for a speedy resolution.
n4rayan.jagdish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 22:06   #92
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventureseeker View Post
Is this "Uday Mantur" serious or is he joking ? Does he think compression ratio is a soft/firm ware setting ? Engine design cannot be changed like that. I find it hilarious, what he is suggesting.
venkyhere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 13:02   #93
BHPian

Thought it would be useful to compile the reported breakdowns and EPC issues at one place
1. Harshit Sultania/Kumar Mangalam ( Indore) broke down 2 times purchase date 13/8 km 1749
2. Shubham Aggarwal (delhi) 2 times purchase date 9 aug 1629 km
3.Pankaj Thakker (Noida) model style AT 1.0 model
4. Sushil Ojha , Dehradun, broke down 2 times 1.0 style MT
5. Naveen Simatwal, jodhpur. 1.0 Ambition (broke down) reported as fuel pump problem, RSA unresponsive
6. Alok/Jitender Goel delhi 1.0 AT, Car broke down in the middle of flyover.
7. Varun Chauhan
8. Nipun Chawla
9.Nitish Negi
10.Janak Behl 1.0 AT style
11.Kartik Dahikar ,Aurangabad, (brokedown) 2 times
12.Khitij Sharma's own car(Delhi)
13.Demo car given to Kshitij Sharma
14.Krupanshu Goswami(Ahmedabad), No reply from road side assistance, fuel pump replaced
15.Hemant Goel,1.0 AT, towed at 1070 km, diagnosed as fuel pump issue
16.Prakhar Dwiwedi, Ambition MT, broke down, fuel pump replaced
The above cars broke-down in the middle of the road.

The below ones experienced EPC issues but did not break down
17.Vijay Negi, EPC warning,(power loss) and rattles
18. Rahul sadavartia 1.0 AT style, EPC problem ( car hasn't stalled yet and EPC light comes and goes off), Starting problem, Front and rear rattling (bumper Driver sear rattling), electronics problem
19.Vasu Rawal, EPC warning (issue while the car is running within 2 days of purchase)-diagnosed as issue with fuel pressure sensor
20.Ambati Rajagopal Gupta, Banglore, 1.0 AT, EPC warning at 1600 km, fuel pressure valve replaced

Also I am posting some reported issues which are not yet shared in this group

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot-20210903-11.48.01-am.png

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot-20210903-11.48.25-am.png

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot-20210903-12.01.15-pm.png

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot-20210903-11.49.23-am.png

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot-20210903-12.09.24-pm.png

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot-20210903-12.09.49-pm.png

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot-20210903-12.10.20-pm.png

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot-20210903-12.16.41-pm.png

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot-20210903-12.17.09-pm.png

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot-20210903-12.35.29-pm.png

I have spared considerable efforts and time in compiling this information in order to spare the unsatisfied owners from the attacks of fanboys of Skoda. Let us call 'a spade' a spade irrespective of the European gloss which it is coated in. After-all if we allow the manufacturer to get away inspite of such serious concerns, ultimately the market will suffer and they will deem it fit to continuously dole out compromised products for the Indian market as no accountability is fixed for the lapses.
adventureseeker is offline   (185) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 13:39   #94
BHPian

Yes, I can confirm that EPC error is a real issue which is being faced by almost 60% of the customers who got their cars delivered recently (Info is as per a birdie working with Skoda who do not want to be named) . Skoda is yet to give an official confirmation on the same and ascertaining on the corrective measures to be taken to avoid further complaints. I recommend those who have booked the car and waiting for deliveries to wait a bit more longer till we get a clarity or else Iam sure it won't be a nice new car experience for you all this time.
highwaypatrol is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 14:29   #95
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Thought it would be useful to compile the reported breakdowns and EPC issues at one place
Your list along with the new additions that you have shared shows that this isn't a one off case anymore, as Zac has been terming it. It's a serious enough issue, where a large portion of buyers are being affected. IMO Skoda was expected to turn a new leaf with the 2.0 strategy in terms of ASS and reliability, however, this is even more worrying than the DSG issues of the Superb/Octavia 1.8
07CR is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 14:31   #96
BHPian

Guys, could we all please stop posting about this EPC error reports and breaking down stories any further? We all have known for days that this issue persists and how poor ŠKODA India has been handling this. That said, I feel there is no value addition in continuing with the above context anymore until a permanent solution arrives. Thanks!
eccentric is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 14:40   #97
BHPian

I don't know what people hope to achieve with list of breakdown. Also note that only a small percentage of people using social media aggressively. Those complaining on the FB Kushaq group might be just a small percentage of users affected. There could be many who are not very active on FB or might not be aware of those groups. Same goes for Twitter. Many avoid it due to the excessive negativity there. So thinking that the issue is related to only 15-20 people complaining on FB will be pretty naive.
sanchari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 15:01   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
Guys, could we all please stop posting about this EPC error reports and breaking down stories any further? We all have known for days that this issue persists and how poor ŠKODA India has been handling this. That said, I feel there is no value addition in continuing with the above context anymore until a permanent solution arrives. Thanks!
Clearly it is not as crystal clear as you mention. The Director of Skoda Zac Hollis and the fan boys of Skoda including those in this very forum are refusing to acknowledge the gravity of the issue and are instead belittling the issue saying that it is only limited to 5-6 cars out of thousands of cars delivered and are playing down the issue coupled with the reiteration that such issues are normal in any new launch. In my opinion it is not common for any new launch and breaking down in the middle of the road is a serious safety issue, the driver can be stranded in remote unsafe location or can be stranded in the middle of the road which might lead to accidents and it needs discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
I don't know what people hope to achieve with list of breakdown. Also note that only a small percentage of people using social media aggressively. Those complaining on the FB Kushaq group might be just a small percentage of users affected. There could be many who are not very active on FB or might not be aware of those groups. Same goes for Twitter. Many avoid it due to the excessive negativity there. So thinking that the issue is related to only 15-20 people complaining on FB will be pretty naive.
I merely compiled the list to show the gravity of the issue which some people in this very forum are refusing to acknowledge. I absolutely agree with the later part of your statement that there might be many more users who faced the issue but did not resort to social media. The list will serve as a sample to show that the issue is serious and widespread and the highlighting of the issue on a serious forum like Team BHP which is the place for niche segment of car lovers and enthusiasts might put some pressure on Skoda to take some corrective measures. As of now they are even refusing to acknowledge the seriousness of the issue coupled with the lack of corrective measure like issuing a recall /pausing further deliveries till they diagnose the issue etc
adventureseeker is offline   (74) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 15:41   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
Guys, could we all please stop posting about this EPC error reports and breaking down stories any further?....poor ŠKODA India
with all respect no. Why should people who are suffering issues with brand new cars keep mum, or why should we as a car enthusiast community turn a blind eye? Skoda is anything but poor.
1. They are charging a premium only for the badge, having seen and driven the Kushaq personally I don't feel it justifies the price tag it carries. That is a personal opinion however.

2. Regardless of whether the car costs 500 or 5000, it should fulfil its primary function of getting from A to B, clearly which poor Skoda Owners are unable to.

3. Skoda claims they performed in depth testing in Indian conditions, and here we have cars all breaking down at the 1500 mark which frankly is ridiculous.

There are something like 15 documented cases till now, and the EPC is not like a mirror falling off. Its a core drivetrain component and clearly Skoda has got it wrong somewhere. Its a pity that Skoda either dint know this issue existed during testing, and a further pity that they don't have a fix even till date. Simply stupid I say.

This forum has numerous threads where Ford (DPF and the Endeavour Gearbox), Tata (Harrier Issues), Mahindra (Niggles Galore) and of course the in-famous DSG Novella's, I don't think we need to pull any punches here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
I don't know what people hope to achieve with list of breakdown.
Shame Skoda to begin with? Highlight the fact that the Kushaq has a serious issue? Highlight the solution or lack thereof. Vent frustration about your brand new car breaking down. I'm not conversant with social media, I'm a troglodyte, but I don't think the use of social media to highlight issues backed up by proof is wrong. Merely Mr. Hollis being in touch with owners is not enough. That's like the CEO of Infosys being in touch with the Government of India, does not mean that the Income Tax Website is working

I don't want to say this, but I'm going to, but these kind of responses are bringing back really dark memories of the DSG Conversations.

Last edited by shady_lawyer : 3rd September 2021 at 15:42.
shady_lawyer is offline   (78) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 16:10   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post

There are something like 15 documented cases till now, and the EPC is not like a mirror falling off. Its a core drivetrain component and clearly Skoda has got it wrong somewhere. Its a pity that Skoda either dint know this issue existed during testing, and a further pity that they don't have a fix even till date. Simply stupid I say.

This forum has numerous threads where Ford (DPF and the Endeavour Gearbox), Tata (Harrier Issues), Mahindra (Niggles Galore) and of course the in-famous DSG Novella's, I don't think we need to pull any punches here.

Quote:
In my opinion it is not common for any new launch and breaking down in the middle of the road is a serious safety issue, the driver can be stranded in remote unsafe location or can be stranded in the middle of the road which might lead to accidents and it needs discussion.

The list will serve as a sample to show that the issue is serious and widespread and the highlighting of the issue on a serious forum like Team BHP which is the place for niche segment of car lovers and enthusiasts might put some pressure on Skoda to take some corrective measures
I understand and agree with your valid explanations, Mr.shady_lawyer & adventureseeker. Exactly as @shady_lawyer mentioned, since this forum has dedicated threads for niggles of a vehicle, shall we all request the Moderators to move the EPC error related posts to a new thread so that it could benefit many?

Therefore, this particular thread will be filled with the test drive experiences and queries, new developments, knowledge sharing and other related content.

Last edited by eccentric : 3rd September 2021 at 16:24. Reason: Multiple quotes attached
eccentric is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 16:36   #101
BHPian

Quote:

I merely compiled the list to show the gravity of the issue which some people in this very forum are refusing to acknowledge.

To set records straight, I wasn't targeting you when I made the comment about the list of affected customers. I was responding to those trying to play down the incident, by saying that the list gleamed from social media is not exhaustive list and the issue could be more widespread. As a car enthusiast site, its good that T-BHP is highlighting the issue so that manufacturer can take corrective steps, and potential buyers are aware of the issue.
Old 4th September 2021, 10:16   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have spared considerable efforts and time in compiling this information in order to spare the unsatisfied owners from the attacks of fanboys of Skoda. Let us call 'a spade' a spade irrespective of the European gloss which it is coated in. After-all if we allow the manufacturer to get away inspite of such serious concerns, ultimately the market will suffer and they will deem it fit to continuously dole out compromised products for the Indian market as no accountability is fixed for the lapses.
Great painstaking work there. Hope these hapless owners get a speedy resolution for their problems.

Don't get me wrong. Just trying to do some investigative work here and went through your profile and posts.

June 2021.. Skoda Kushaq is launched. You create profile in Team BHP same month. Coincidence may be..But read on.!

All your posts around 17 in Team BHP have been in this thread, digging up only Skoda issues from social media. In one post you say, you are trying to decide between Skoda Kushaq and Tata Harrier. Still you are overly critical of Kushaq issues giving benefit of doubt to Tatas in most posts. If you find Kushaq so problematic, why are you even considering that as an option is a mystery. In another post you have advised a TBHpian when he had some queries on Tata Harrier.

So can you blame some one if they think that you are a Tata fan boy trying to deride another brand or a paid actor by Tata.

Skoda should sort out all critical issues with priority, but the intention of random people posting trivial accident pictures and making them viral should be suspected.

Last edited by poloman : 4th September 2021 at 10:45.
poloman is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 11:12   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
Yes, I can confirm that EPC error is a real issue which is being faced by almost 60% of the customers who got their cars delivered recently (Info is as per a birdie working with Skoda who do not want to be named) .
Instead of EPC, can we now start calling this issue as EPIC failure ?

Last edited by viscosity : 4th September 2021 at 11:14.
viscosity is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 11:39   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
So can you blame some one if they think that you are a Tata fan boy trying to deride another brand or a paid actor by Tata.
Skoda should sort out all critical issues with priority, but the intention of random people posting trivial accident pictures and making them viral should be suspected.
It's quite normal for someone new to a forum to concentrate on one or two threads which interest them, until they get an overall feel of the forum and find acceptance amongst members. Even I started out with a lot of posts on this thread as it was the most active one, until the XUV700 review was out last month. So let's not judge/suspect newbies by the threads they prefer to post on, unless you can prove that they indeed have vested interests which are detrimental to the community. That's for the mods to handle and I believe they're quite a competent bunch.
nitkel is offline   (50) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 11:49   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitkel View Post
It's quite normal for someone new to a forum to concentrate on one or two threads which interest them, until they get an overall feel of the forum and find acceptance amongst members. Even I started out with a lot of posts on this thread as it was the most active one, until the XUV700 review was out last month. So let's not judge/suspect newbies by the threads they prefer to post on, unless you can prove that they indeed have vested interests which are detrimental to the community. That's for the mods to handle and I believe they're quite a competent bunch.
I am not judging anyone. I am raising certain doubts. This is a standard practice to segregate genuine reviews v/s manipulative reviews, i.e. to look at the user profile and review history. No one opens account to just bash a brand unless there is something sinister behind it.

There is a genuine difference between fanboy and a baiter. A person who owns a particular brand can become a fanboy if the experience is good. If his experience is bad he can become a basher. But no one bashes a brand just for the sake of it or from hearsay. I don't think this gentleman is an affected Skoda customer. So why is he so concerned only about Skoda Kushaq issues is what got my attention.
poloman is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks