Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2021, 11:26   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
^ @Vinu - Is this a problem caused by new vehicles running low on fuel and perhaps air getting into the fuel lines?
In most of the screenshots shared above, the cars have more than half a tank of petrol when this EPC error crops up. And they have run 1000+ kms. I doubt it could be because of low fuel.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 11:31   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
In most of the screenshots shared above, the cars have more than half a tank of petrol when this EPC error crops up. And they have run 1000+ kms. I doubt it could be because of low fuel.
True, unless IF air has already gotten into the fuel lines before they did the fill up. This is a direct injection engine, so it could be running at a higher injection pressure than normal MPFi and therefore more sensitive to such things.

See this vehicle in itself has aggregates from existing vehicles of VAG, so trying to understand what could be the reason.
Old 31st August 2021, 11:37   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Sadly more owners find themselves stranded on the roads, some even for a second time in just 20 days of ownership.

Attachment 2200217

Attachment 2200218

Attachment 2200212

Attachment 2200213

Attachment 2200211

Attachment 2200215

Attachment 2200229

Attachment 2200230
I see that there’s an EPC error. But how come the tacho is showing 1000 rpm when the car wouldn’t start and is stalled is something left unexplained.
pradheepsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 11:37   #64
BHPian

Re: EPC warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
EPC issue - I had a similar issue with my Superb but the car didn't stall fortunately. Here is the link to the post (Skoda Superb : Official Review). As you can tell, all the dealer did was reset the warning via OBD.
Thanks for sharing. Does it mean that the cars suffering from EPC error were being driven with fuel less than 7 liters? Were you able to trace the root cause and did the error ever recur again?
Old 31st August 2021, 11:57   #65
BHPian

I own a 2011 1.2 Petrol Ritz (wife and I, both of us love our car and the drive), not once has the car stalled, just one issue with engine noise in the 6th year, where I got the bearings changed, suspensions changed, tyres replaced last year and battery twice till now. Even today the doors are calm while running at 120kph, every door shuts properly, the petrol tank lid is well aligned, average is still good. Every service experience was a delight, without burning any hole in the pocket.

I feel relieved that Skoda 1.5DSG had 6 airbags and I decided to wait for Taigun. And now I feel better that Taigun launch is late enough for people to learn and observe Kushaq's ownership experiences.

I have pre-booked Taigun GT-DSG, but increasingly uncertain about continuing my booking. After the seamless Maruti experience in the last decade, looks like I am inviting trouble after paying 4X the price of my first car :(
vinitbarve is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 11:58   #66
BHPian

Re: EPC warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
Thanks for sharing. Does it mean that the cars suffering from EPC error were being driven with fuel less than 7 liters? Were you able to trace the root cause and did the error ever recur again?
Since performance did not deteriorate and the issue never recurred, I only did a basic consultation. I have done 3500 kms after that, so all is well for now. The Kushaq case is a bit confusing. From the posts I can tell that the issue has recurred after replacing the pumps. Wondering if Skoda should consider installing the Superb's pump in the Kushaq instead ?
Old 31st August 2021, 12:43   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventureseeker View Post
I disagree.
If Skoda/VW are not premium so neither the Hyundai's and Kia's but they are sold at a premium especially Creta/Seltos, and anyone owning one(Creta/Seltos) feels it is premium(bhaukal in hindi).
Apple phones are something which can be owned by majority in US but here the scenario is different, that doesn't mean Apple is not a premium brand in US.
A software engineer visited to our company from Ukraine, as per him Skoda Rapid was a regular car for him in his home country, but for a engineer here in India Rapid/City/Verna be it any car in that segment is a premium buy.
any23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 12:56   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Sadly more owners find themselves stranded on the roads, some even for a second time in just 20 days of ownership.
Now that the issues are piling up & getting more severe with each passing day - just curious, is Zac Hollis/team responding to each of these customers with his inimitable style, like he used to do earlier? What are the TBHP owners experiencing here?

Hoping there is some sort of a mechanism with Skoda India to tackle all these incidents pouring in.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 13:53   #69
Senior - BHPian

Any new car launch in the market it is a thumb rule to wait for atleast 6 months.

When the 'rigorous' testing is done, all the parts supplied by the vendor is a kind of prototype, the part will decide the future of their contract with the manufacturer. Am sure they test it 50
times before handing it over. When selected and the car is launched, they have to mass produce it. Some tend to mess it up there because it may not have been quality checked to the extent they did for the prototype. Skoda or any company cant do anything there, other than penalize and ensure it doesn't happen anymore.
Altocumulus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 14:01   #70
BHPian

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot-20210831-1.54.31-pm.png

One user suggested that the increase in power figures and remapping of the 1.0 engine as the issue behind these breakdowns. He is suggesting modifications and lowering of the displacement ratio.

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot-20210831-1.52.30-pm.png

One more breakdown. On a lighter note God speed Kushaq owners
adventureseeker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 14:22   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by any23 View Post
If Skoda/VW are not premium so neither the Hyundai's and Kia's but they are sold at a premium especially Creta/Seltos, and anyone owning one(Creta/Seltos) feels it is premium(bhaukal in hindi).
Apple phones are something which can be owned by majority in US but here the scenario is different, that doesn't mean Apple is not a premium brand in US.
A software engineer visited to our company from Ukraine, as per him Skoda Rapid was a regular car for him in his home country, but for a engineer here in India Rapid/City/Verna be it any car in that segment is a premium buy.
Again I disagree. Apple sells flagship phones i.e their phones belong to and are are priced at the highest segment of the mobile market anywhere in the world. An Apple's equivalent in the car market would be a Mercedes Benz/BMW but not Skoda. Skoda is the european equivalent of an oppo/vivo and these are not premium as brands per se. Kia/Hyundai are mass market cars sold in the tunes of 10000 per month but priced at a premium when they were launched because there were no options available and they created new segments with those launches, which the later entrants are trying to catch up. Rapid is not priced at a premium to a city or a verna and hence even if it is less reliable than the competition fingers are not pointed mostly but as I already mentioned above that Kushaq is priced at a premium over the competition and again I reiterate that Skoda is going nowhere right now in justifying the premium pricing with these breakdowns and other issues.
adventureseeker is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 14:56   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventureseeker View Post
I reiterate that Skoda is going nowhere right now in justifying the premium pricing with these breakdowns and other issues.
I totally agree with you here on this point, and must add that Skoda should ditch their 2.0 strategy as it is leading them no where. Just launch the globally available products from their line up and keep doing what they are good at - making safer cars.
Old 31st August 2021, 16:16   #73
BHPian

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot-20210831-4.04.19-pm.png

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot-20210831-4.05.19-pm.png

Two more breakdowns. These breakdowns are not limited to 4-5 cars but are running into dozens. I wonder how many owners have not vented yet on social media platforms.
adventureseeker is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 17:14   #74
Senior - BHPian

Niggles with the first batch were expected, but such serious one's are very surprising considering the powertrain isn't all new. The 1L TSI has been in use for a while now in India, so to me this seems to be a software, calibration related issue. Fuel quality, etc. should not be a problem as then even the Polo's, Rapid's & Vento's would be reporting issues.

Last edited by GTO : 1st September 2021 at 09:11. Reason: Quoted post deleted
fiat_tarun is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 17:34   #75
BHPian

Compelled to jump in the ongoing discussion of VAG cars premiumness and USP.

VAG cars in India are premium in the sense that they are a step up from mass market cars ( Maruti/ Hyundai/ Tata/ M& M, etc) . They are not luxury meaning they sit below 3 Big ones Merc, Audi, BMW or Porsche Volvo etc.

I would rate the whole experience of driving ( not owning) of VW, Skoda cars to be next level to Hyundai’s and Maruti’s. There is joy and fun and something higher in driving them and sitting in them. You look forward to driving them. ( Every time I sit in my JETTA it brings a smile and I am always looking forward to a long drive) . At the same time they are heavy on pocket to buy and maintain, and can infuriate you with unexpected niggles. Fuss free they are not, Even if your VW/ Skoda car has not given you problems, you are secretly expecting it and ready for it with some moolah just to indulge your driving habits.

That being their USP, IMHO they should not try and compete with Hyundais and Marutis for numbers. They should build their cars to their usual standards, localisation be damned( it definitely lowers the quality) as it dilutes their USP. Price them at slight premium to mass market. Suckers for VW and Skoda will buy them knowing fully well what you are getting into. Just improve the service quality a bit, especially for Skoda. vW has improved, though still scope for more improvement.

My 2 cents.

Last edited by MADMAX111 : 31st August 2021 at 17:44. Reason: Addition to text
MADMAX111 is offline   (18) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks