Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2023, 22:55   #496
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems

@RGK - Mine also had a rat attack around November last year but luckily it just chewed a little plastic in the cowl top and no other damage.

I am using fresh tobacco leaves each month in the bonnet area and 'Bitter' brand rat spray sometimes. Also changing the car parking position often as advised. Till now, this has worked but there is no permanent solution like a metal mesh.

I am also looking for an under body protection as I am worried about any underbody stone hit in the rough roads. I checked with service centre but no accessory is planned to be available anytime soon. It seems a custom cut sheet is the only way but yet to decide on that.
Old 25th August 2023, 17:34   #497

Got a call from Skoda service centre to bring my July 2021 Kushaq for replacement of fuel pump. I told them that odo is around 30k and fuel pump was already replaced by Skoda in September 2021 under campaign and none of the fuel pumps ever had any problem so I am not willing to replace an established equipment. They informed that this has been mandated by the design team so I should get it replaced soon. Will share further details once I get the pump replaced in a couple of days.
Abhishek.ckt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 09:55   #498

Quote:
Originally Posted by beez View Post
Good to hear your issue is resolved.

For the benefit of others, do name the service center who asked you to pay for the petrol you filled before leaving the car with them!
Raja Skoda.

However, since then I have visited them twice more (for clearing an error code and regular 2nd service) being lazy, as it is the nearest service center. I have been changing my service advisor every time to find someone who is a good fit for me.

In the last visit 2nd service, I got brake pads changed at 3mm since I had a longish 1000+ km trip ahead. The monsoon campaign was still on which had a 15% off on parts. I was supposed to get about 1022 off on the brake set but it didn't show up on the bill - the bill being a few pages long and complicated and SA assured discount has been applied.

Later I saw that the part price on the replacement box was same as the bill (6814) so discount was not applied. I messages the SA, he was kind enough to admit the error and promised a 1022 credit to be applied on future "services". I have it on email - although he has mentioned on email on wheel alignment but confirmed I could get it for other things too (like parts etc.)
makyubex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 09:57   #499

Quote:
Originally Posted by beez View Post
Good to hear your issue is resolved.

For the benefit of others, do name the service center who asked you to pay for the petrol you filled before leaving the car with them!
Also, got to know the SA who was handling this was already on notice period and had quit by the time I visited next.
makyubex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 10:18   #500
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek.ckt View Post
Got a call from Skoda service centre to bring my July 2021 Kushaq for replacement of fuel pump. I told them that odo is around 30k and fuel pump was already replaced by Skoda in September 2021 under campaign and none of the fuel pumps ever had any problem so I am not willing to replace an established equipment. They informed that this has been mandated by the design team so I should get it replaced soon. Will share further details once I get the pump replaced in a couple of days.
There seems to be a mass recall for fuel pump even for those replaced under the initial campaign. Hence better get it done.
Old 2nd September 2023, 11:09   #501
BHPian

For me, the worst thing about Skoda is the their after sales support, especially with warranty claims. In Madras, so far it was only Gurudev that we could go to and being the only authorised dealer, they’d hold us to literal ransom! Now we have KUN as well, but they are no better. No more skodas for me unless they in the very least give authorisation to more dealers.
flipflop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 16:21   #502
BHPian

My name is Suhas from Mysuru, I bought a Kushaq 1.5 Ambition variant on August 2023. I purchased with a dealership called Palace Skoda Mysore. My Initial struggle was to get help for every bad thing the dealer did to stand by his promise. Below are a few points which completely made me think I did a mistake choosing Palace Skoda Dealership Mysore.

1. I Paid extra money for the accessories like Chrome linning on the front side which came out the same day I took the delivery, they failed to check the fit to finish before delivering to the customer.

2. The OBD connector came out within 2-3 days of the delivery, Since I did not want to touch things on my own I had to drive back to showroom and fix it.

3. From the day I purchased the vehicle I was getting a screeching noise from the AC vents which fan speed is set to 1 and 2. I struggled so bad to get that fixed because it was very loud. The Service managers just ignored my concern stating its operational noise and I need to adjust.

My Inferences so far, I admit the vehicle has some issues and its different from one customer to another. But, I must admit the car is a beast. I have had the pleasure of driving this on long trips, ghat roads, highways. The dynamics and performance is just amazing. If I had to get a good Skoda Dealership in my Mysuru I would have been more happy with the vehicle. Skoda should surely focus on its delarships as there behaviour and knowledge is really pathetic. I am mentioning this only to Palace Skoda Mysuru not all the dealerships

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks