Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2021, 08:18   #76
BHPian

re: Video: GoMechanic Review | AC Service Fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuking View Post
Hey Everone,

Very quickly wanted to share my experience with GoMechanic in Pune.
You can perform a very simple procedure to clean your ac drain pipe. Just pour half a cup of diluted of vinegar through the ac condensate drain pipe in your engine bay. Then start the ac and run it after 30 mins mins. Watch all of the gunk drain out of the drain pipe.
AirbusCapt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 09:51   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepCarTalk View Post
...cause a pretty substantial damage to a company that annoys the living crap out of my Youtube watch hours
ROFL this takes the cake really. I must agree wholeheartedly however. I find their advertising annoying, distasteful -using fake-ish local accent, insinuating women and what not - and just plain poorly made.

My one experience with them was actually ok. But then the advertising started and that just offends me both as an individual and a marketing professional.
Annibaddh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 10:05   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Everyone,
Hi Avinsh, to make your bad experience visible to more people, i have made a dedicated post regarding this on Instagram Also tried to highlight their PR's involvement to subdue the situation.

We should thank Team-BHP for keeping the community so pure and giving membership only to select few who seem genuine. Imagine if the membership was as easy as making a YouTube account. Team-BHP would be filled with touts and spammers.

Here's the link to the post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CRVYozAN...dium=copy_link
DeepCarTalk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 15:35   #79
Senior - BHPian

Check out the downvotes for the video!!

Video: GoMechanic Review | AC Service Fraud-ac-scam.jpg

How are they doing this?
Captain Slow is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 15:42   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Check out the downvotes for the video!!
How are they doing this?
There are social media marketing persons/organizations who sell thousands of likes, upvotes (or downvotes), retweets, etc. for few hundred rupees.
mukeshgoel is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 15:50   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
There are social media marketing persons/organizations who sell thousands of likes, upvotes (or downvotes), retweets, etc. for few hundred rupees.
Some companies even have dedicated divisions to handle their online reputation. They use it post positive comments about their own company; report and take down genuine negative feedback or reviews that tarnish their reputation. I was surprised to see the amount of manpower a popular startup had employed for the same.
--gKrish-- is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 18:33   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Everone,

This is what Gomechanic had to say about this case on Twitter. Fire-fighting mode on.
I shall avoid :-)

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Video: GoMechanic Review | AC Service Fraud-gomechanic-tweet.jpg
pankajn1702 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 20:20   #83
BHPian

Re: Video: GoMechanic Review | AC Service Fraud

Wow. That is caught red handed. Its just sheer luck that they ignored the dash cam. Wondering how you powered the dash cam. Is it through the cigarette lighter, or is it hardwired to keep it ON even after powering the vehicle OFF. ??
Rubbertramps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 03:00   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
Wow. That is caught red handed. Its just sheer luck that they ignored the dash cam. Wondering how you powered the dash cam. Is it through the cigarette lighter, or is it hardwired to keep it ON even after powering the vehicle OFF. ??
It is hardwired to cigarette lighter port (soldered from inside), the power is available the moment car is unlocked.
anuking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 08:06   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
What advantage do we get if I go to Gomechanic? According to my knowledge, it is ONLY pick up and drop.

One of the reason why we go with online support may be, not enough time to spend on these things. But remember, we need to spend 100% more time to resolve these frauds and additionally, undergo mental stress of the feeling of being cheated.
Spot on. I’ve lost my sleep over a “ Steering rack and Front Suspension overhaul’ on my Polo GT. Poor quality work and the suspension noise popped up again after 4K kms. Shown to a FNG who said- one shock has probably not been replaced. And no comments about the NEW steering rack!! The steering became all the more hard

Took it back to them, they did something ( sent my driver this time )- said it’s ok now, though we are not able to identify the prob.

The FNG has resolved the issue. Looking to replace the shocks after some time. This is sad

I get calls on a daily basis from GoMechanic (thanks Truecaller) over the reviews I’ve put for them, but I’ve stopped answering now!

GoMechanic is a modern day con job!!

PS: As I’m editing this post, I got an SMS saying I got 500GoApp Credit in my wallet!!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th July 2021 at 09:58. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post.
drivf is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 09:52   #86
BHPian

GMap shows there is one near my place. When I checked it out, it was an FNG - so a franchise model.

Given they are operating in one of the most unregulated (and most of us would also agree - with near non existent ethics), they need to gear up for such things. How do you control quality and service levels at your franchise partners, employing mostly uneducated high-churn workforce coming off the streets and likely living from pay to pay. Many are paid per job, so their motivation is clear.

This is probably their 'delivery guy eating food' moment.

I hope they have not just fired the workers and the franchise involved. Harder yet better thing to do would be to improve franchise service quality control and partner workforce education starting with the guys in the video. Clearly platform is not just creating an app and getting a few providers to sign-up.
Old 17th August 2021, 20:25   #87
BHPian

I have used Gomechanic service couple of times and will like to give you a review and do's and dont.
I never trust any car workshop since the time I have bought my first car 25 yrs back. I always make sure I get my car service in front of me but obviously when it needs a major repair requiring overnight stay I prefer the one I trust the most which need not be authorised service centre only. It's in the DNA of all car service centres to cheat regardless of whether it's authorised or multibrand. So it's better you get a few car services in front of you from a service centre , develop friendly relations with the owner/supervisor/mechanic and then trust the guy next time for any unattended service.

Now sharing my experience of Gomechanic, hope guys at Gomechanic sees my post and perform necessary changes in their service model.

1. Booked service at Gomechanic for my Hyundai Verna fluidic diesel. Alloted JMS automobiles ,Sahibabad. Service done in front of me.
Ist issue used Wrong API rated engine oil. My bad I checked the label on the can, after the oil change was done.
2nd issue and more serious one, they throughly checked my car's braking system, serviced all brakes ,in fact much better then any of authorised service centre. Later suggested to get rear brake pads changed as they are near end of life. They were right but didn't have original rear brake pads, as according to them nobody uses original brake pads in the rear for fluidic Verna as its insanely expensive (Rs6000). Later changed my rear brake pads with some "Compo advics" brake pads. Indeed rear brakes in Verna cost Rs6000. They charged Rs3500 for this aftermarket brake pads(somehow I new I was getting fleeced but no point arguing ,there was no MRP sticker on the aftermarket brakes).
I did complain to service buddy for both issues, but no solution offered.
I started having issues with my rear brake pads after just 2000 kms. The brake pads was replaced free of cost with another company, " Allied Nippon" this time. The issue was resolved but somehow I was not happy with the overall experience. I felt there was less bite with newer brake set and called service buddy again. He then suggested to get brake rotors skimmed . I requested him for another workshop since I was not happy with JMS automobiles. This time "unnati automobiles" Indirapuram was selected. They got the brake rotors skimmed at a local lathe, but to my horrors after these were put back, the car started giving "Kat kat sounds" from the rear everytime brakes were applied. The service centre blamed poor quality brake pads for this issue but since these were replaced at JMS automobiles they can't offer free replacement. I had no option but to agree but I wanted original brake pads or some reputed brand brake pads. They searched for original or reputed brake pads for near about 3/4 hours in neighbourhood car markets but could not find any reputed brand. Authorised service centres were closed during lockdown. Later they could arrange brake pad by a company called "SG Supergrip". I paid Rs1800/ this time for the brake job(skimming +new brake set). Now finally i felt that the job has been done properly. But I was mistaken after few weeks ,there was another issue . I started feeling a backward drag on the car specially in lower gears or less speed. Also noticed a drop in fuel efficiency by around 2 kms/litres. I need to get this thing fixed, which I believe could be again because of rear brake pads/rotors/caliper s. Also I noticed that skimmed brake rotors are prone to Rusting when ever I don't drive my car for a week. So they may need a replacement too. Also it need to be mentioned that no service center had heat resistant greese available with them. So they used normal greese only. .

2. My car needed a clutch overhaul . Replacement of clutch plates, pressure plates, clutch master and slave cylinder were needed. Authorised service centre quoted Rs28000/ for the job. Aftermarket parts were available in the market for Rs7500/ only. So I bought these myself got the job done at Gomechanic workshop (Unnati automobiles) Paid Rs2000 for the labour. Now my clutch system is as good as new. And I saved significantly. I have done around 5000kms on these and absolutely no issues.

3. I needed some denting/painting job. This time I did some research and selected another Gomechanic workshop (Autofixers, Sahibabad),but I decided not to book through Gomechanic app ,but went straight to the workshop. The facilities I saw there were really good, infact better then many authorised workshops. There were numerous cars getting denting painting done there ,so it gave me confidence to try out. I negotiated with the the owner and paid Rs9700/(Gomechanic quoted Rs11000/, authorised Rs30000/, 5panels total) for the job. The paint job was really good and I found no difference then as done by authorised. They were using DuPont paints, 3M polish for post paint polish. Had proper paint booth. Owner personally ,Sent me photos after every step/layer of paint). Good quality denting with negligible use of filler. Although they didn't have electronic denter.

4. I had an accident which needed insurance work. I choose "Autofixers" again. Job done satisfactorily but they could not source some part(Resonator). So they allowed me to use my car till they could source the part. It was at the peak of 2nd wave of covid and even authorised service centres were not working properly. They could source the part after 2 weeks and finally closed insurance claim. By now I have developed good relations with the owner, who is a gentleman. I have also seen that this service centre has a big spareparts store stocking spare parts of many cars. And I have checked their store, they mostly keep either reputed brands aftermarket parts or original parts only.

So my experience after these 4 jobs in covid times
1. Gomechanic has absolutely no control over any of their workshops.
2. Most workshops use aftermarket parts but charge you way above their MRPs. But less then the original parts price. They also have difficulty sourcing many parts. And they may use fake parts too.
3. Service buddy only helps Gomechanic or workshop , absolutely no help to the customer. They recommend those Gomechanic workshops which are either more profitable to them or they just rotate jobs among them, it may not be the best workshop for you. Interestingly their best workshop near my home was "Autofixers" but they never recommended me the same.
4. Gomechanic has tied up with almost all local workshops near my area, and not all of them are good. Most workshops operate at near full capacity thanks to Gomechanic. Since I was getting jobs done In front of me, I noticed service buddy is available over phone only. They don't physically come over and check job done by workshops. Workshops freely use aftermarket parts, and don't always reveal the same to the customer. Charge at will for these parts. Both JMS automobiles and Unnati automobiles was using aftermarket parts (Bumpers, clutch ) but I am sure neither customer nor service buddy was aware of these

So take home message. You may try
1. Gomechanic workshops but not all of them may be good. Just use Gomechanic app/Google to find workshops near you. Go and check the facilities yourself and take a decision.
2. Try sourcing parts yourself. The way you do with FNG.
3. Always get the job done infront of you. If you cannot never go to any Gomechanic workshop.

4. If you finally found a good workshop. You can get the job done straight at workshop without booking through Gomechanic app. It may turn out to be significantly cheaper.
drsachin is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 12:02   #88

Quote:

Here is my experience with Gomechanic luxury Mumbai..

I have a Honda brio. Taking it to a authorised service station is a pain. The service advisors are more like salespeople. They try to sell something or other and as a result I spent more than what I spent on my E90 in first two years of routine service. So I thought Gomechanic is going to be good. Indeed they were for the brake shoe replacement and painting of a few panels. They aren’t really cheap. But if there are simple painting of a few panels, oil and brake shoe change all coming up together, they make sense.

The experience went southward with my E90. I like my cars to look clean and recently a biker in a hurry to find a hole in traffic scratched my bumper. I thought since the car is 12 year old, let me try Gomechanic.

Gomechanic chap picked up the car and took it to a service centre Adi Shankaracharya Marg. Later when I visited I found this place very shabby. Untrained workers. Dust and dirt all around. No instruction board. Even the toolboxes were shabby. They are just the roadside Scooty mechanics with a shade above them.

They must have smelt mine with a 12 year old Bmw. They called me to say all brake pads need replacement and rotors need to be turned urgently. In a moments lack of attention I told them to go ahead but with a condition that they will use OEM parts. But as an afterthought I decided to visit the shop.

I discovered they used textar pads and not Bmw branded ones. And the textar packaging didn’t mention E90. Turning of rotor seemed a sham. And the mechanic wasn’t aware of basics such as replacement of brake wear sensor. When I checked the dashboard it said front and rear brakes are good for 40000 and 8000 kms respectively. I didn’t find any non squealing grease.

A bit of shouting and they readily removed the parts and put back the originals. Probably some other E90 owner will pay through his nose for this scam.

These people also lost a small door lock part. Just a small button like thing made of plastic that’s holds the wire to the lock. Bmw doesn’t sell this and the entire lock set costs a bomb. But the Gomechanic folks went to Kurla and did some dumpster diving. They found the thing and manage to get the lock working.

These guys have a good business model, and they have use cases. But I think they are suffering from the malaise that every people dependent businesses are suffering from. Lack of trainable workforce and ethical business practices.

My experience with Bmw is not great. They are nice to me and wouldn’t run any obvious scam. But they have a tendency to chipkao me with things like diesel additives. Once after they replaced the battery, the car gave some issues with locks. They changed the lock. Another lock gave up and then I insisted if there is some other problem. They found the footwell module to have some problem. Seems this module gives problem if battery replacement sop is not followed. So the battery replacement costed me a lock, the footwell module also.

In these cases unless the customer is an idle person, a resolution is never done. Sometimes shouting and throwing tantrums make them give a solution. But mostly after u come home they will never call you or follow up.

These experiences make owning cars extremely frustrating.
Old 25th October 2023, 17:22   #89
BHPian

Just saw this news about Go Mechanic in The Indian Express. After all the fake reviews was this kind of expected ?

https://indianexpress.com/article/ci...le_completion&

@Moderators - request you to please move this to an appropriate thread.
ThePatientMan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks