Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2021, 15:56   #16
BHPian

re: Video: GoMechanic Review | AC Service Fraud

Can't trust a company (read GoMechanic) with my car which have people onboard that steal petty stuff from customer's cars. After losing my sunglasses I complained to them, they closed the ticket two days later with no response.

Video: GoMechanic Review | AC Service Fraud-screenshot-20210712-3.48.25-pm.png
r.joshi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 16:53   #17
BHPian

Online and new bunch of frausdsters. My nano ac evaporator cooling coil was replaced ( complete dashboard dismantle and out job) ,the whole cooling circuit checked for leaks ( involved taking off the full front bumper), cleaned the condenser, ac filter, regassed the system and given back to me . All inclusive 7950 bucks and 3 days of work.

Done by one of the oldest AC vendors in Trivandrum( although with OEM garages and independent workshops ,surely he has seen better days). But the thing is ,he is still his old humble self. Wonder how much the Tata delaer would have charged me , not that I a going to give this job to a dealer anyways!
Old 12th July 2021, 18:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuking View Post
Glad to know the name of that machine.... Still trying to find ways to clear clogged drain pipe, not even sure where it's dangling... I do have a small pump at home, the idea was to attach it to the drain pipe and see if it clears some mess.
Lift the carpet from footwell, you will see as rubber pipe going from under the glovebox/dash to the floor. That is the drain pipe for the housing. You can follow the same to the floor as well as the enclosure where the condensation is leaking from. You can use a wire to declog the drain pipe, then if the pump is available, you can pump in small quantity of water (2-4 cups) into the pipe and enclosure and let it drain. It would clean up the blockage a lot. Repeat the pump and drain process 2-3 times.
88_TANK_88 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 19:45   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88_TANK_88 View Post
Lift the carpet from footwell, you will see as rubber pipe going from under the glovebox/dash to the floor. That is the drain pipe for the housing. You can follow the same to the floor as well as the enclosure where the condensation is leaking from. You can use a wire to declog the drain pipe, then if the pump is available, you can pump in small quantity of water (2-4 cups) into the pipe and enclosure and let it drain. It would clean up the blockage a lot. Repeat the pump and drain process 2-3 times.
Thanks 88_TANK, took my car to Hyundai today, he simply lifted the car, put a pump, sucked out the clog from drain pipe and down it pours, almost half a litre of water. Car is brought down, hander over to me, no charges, can't be happier.
anuking is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 22:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Very quickly wanted to share my experience with GoMechanic in Pune. I have a 2018 Hyundai Verna 1.6 VTVT SX(O) Automatic. Very recently started noticing water dripping near passenger side foot-well, though not an expert my gut feeling said that the drain pipe must be clogged somewhere. A few google searches later I found that to pump out anything from the drain pipe I will have to go under the car.
Thanks @anuking for this eye-opening review. I was planning to go to GoMechanic for servicing my WagonR just 3 days from now but don't want to take any chances now. BTW, does GoMechanic allow customers to view their car being serviced live on the car bay?

Last edited by GTO : 13th July 2021 at 08:52. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks for the support & understanding
mugen_pinaki27 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 01:29   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen_pinaki27 View Post
Thanks @anuking for this eye-opening review. I was planning to go to GoMechanic for servicing my WagonR just 3 days from now but don't want to take any chances now. BTW, does GoMechanic allow customers to view their car being serviced live on the car bay?

No buddy, they might send you some pictures though, but just as in my case, it's inconclusive.
anuking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 07:02   #22
BHPian

Have noticed a recurring theme on Team-BHP, that after your car turns a little older - it's better to go to outside of authorized service network due to it being cheaper/ quality of service being better. This isn't always necessarily true - depends on the issue at hand and car you drive. For example - Body work vs technical issues etc. Unless you have a good rapport with a FNG, it doesn't quite work. GoMechanic is just an aggregator who have tied up with garages. Accountability and quality of parts seem to be a question mark as per online reviews.

My first experience with a non ASS was fairly recently, with GoMechanic for an AC failure too. I wasn't happy that GoMechanic would not share garage locations with me until I paid for a level 2/3 services for 3999. It made no sense to pay without a diagnosis of the issue. I let it be at that. Wasn't confidence-inspiring. I happened to read a few reviews and let the idea slide. I got the repair & service done at Hyundai, for what I believe GoMechanic would have charged eventually but with peace of mind and assurance of oem parts.

Best,
Promit
promit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 07:38   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Everone,

Very quickly wanted to share my experience with GoMechanic in Pune.
Thanks for sharing the experience.

We are car lovers. We shall maintain personal rapport and connection with those who service our car. Whether it is the SA at an ASC or the manager / supervisor / owner of the FNG. There shall be an element of trust and connection, which in turn evolves into a good business relation over long time.

So getting services from an online garage aggregator, who simply diverts me to any garage based on location, is out of question for me. I will rather search and form my own pool of garages / workshops as and when the need arises and build a rapport there.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 08:55   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Definitely a company that has a lot of issues - just recently, there was a thread on them writing fake reviews - link (Fake reviews for the GoMechanic apps).

They definitely aren't strapped for resources - GoMechanic raised 300 crores in June! Sure appears that the management & their capabilities suck.

Perhaps focus more on genuine services & genuine reviews? That's really the old-fashioned way that works in the long term.
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 09:32   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I just uploaded this video to YouTube and shared the link with GoMechanic executive, before they knew that there was a dashcam in the car, they were pretty adamant at not accepting their fault, the moment I shared the link with them, they just started scrambling like rats, at least 10 phone calls since yesterday. The offered me a full service in my presence and asked to take the video off YouTube, to which I humbly refused.
If this is their systemic practice (whether on account of top management practice or failed operational safeguards), even if they do the actual service for you NOW, nothing will stop them from duping future customers.

It would be invaluable to numerous customers if you retain your video online, even if it means writing off your service cost and refusing their make up service as a bargain.

If someone had tried to dupe me in this fashion, I would write off the money but make sure they're taken to the cleaners reputationally.

Last edited by Axe77 : 13th July 2021 at 09:33.
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 10:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Anuking for sharing this video. We keep reading reviews of the shoddy service by companies such as GoMechanic, but are still willing to give them the benefit of doubt. We assume that these new age organized entrants in the car repair space, will actually do a better job than the rudimentary processes of the unorganized sector.

Videos such as these go a long way in exposing our false beliefs. Now we know that GoMechanic does not invest in building the ecosystem to actually troubleshoot and service our cars in an organized manner. The nonchalant attitude which was displayed by the GoMechanic person in describing what work needed to be done, shows a total lack of ethics, and knowledge levels to resolve your issue. He was only concerned about making his money. One could put it down to an errant employee, IF GoMechanic had actually listened to your first complaint and actually tried to address your complaint, but they chose to brush the issue under the carpet, by falsely claiming that they had done the required steps to resolve your leakage issue. This shows how there is a systemic fraud by GoMechanic.

I truly detest these companies who have no ethics, and are only interested in fleecing gullible uninformed customers. Truly lucky to have caught the video and audio. Even worse was when they knew about the video, was their attempt to get you to remove it. Shows how the GoMechanic management is unethical and dishonest in every way possible. They didn't want to resolve your problem of leakage, or address your complaint about bad customer service, but only wanted to prevent their reputation from being hit.

Glad that Hyundai finally came through and helped resolve your issue. Its a very common occurrence in cars, with either the drain channel getting blocked due to corrosion or due to falling leaves/bird droppings, dust in the area near the wipers.

Please Keep the video up, so that more people are aware of GoMechanic's frauds.

Last edited by Lalvaz : 13th July 2021 at 10:20.
Lalvaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 12:40   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
If this is their systemic practice (whether on account of top management practice or failed operational safeguards), even if they do the actual service for you NOW, nothing will stop them from duping future customers.

It would be invaluable to numerous customers if you retain your video online, even if it means writing off your service cost and refusing their make up service as a bargain.

If someone had tried to dupe me in this fashion, I would write off the money but make sure they're taken to the cleaners reputationally.
I simply refused their complementary service and was firm with them about not removing the Video or this Post.... They refunded my money though, but I told them very clearly that while I appreciate them taking action, the video will still be there for awareness.
anuking is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 14:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

More than anger, it is sadness that I felt when I watched that video. People should know that money is hard earned and not to be toyed with, especially when providing a service. Also this is something that takes place at most service centers. Incomplete jobs with a clown like attitude at work, not to mention how they violate our cars whilst on the road as well during service. Unlike apps used to order food, book hotels/air tickets/movies etc., I don't trust these kind of apps to work on my car. If they want they can bring the equipment to my house and get the work done, but no way I'm going to hand over my car (asset) to them.

Most of the service centers have these way too young chaps with lack of experience, both work wise as well as age wise in dealing with matters. Maybe garages should bring about live video option so that we can monitor the works done on our car. This is the only way they can gain our trust. Also it is pretty lame when they remove the dash cam. It is not like they are carrying out top secret classified government projects in the garage !
TrackDay is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 09:48   #29
Team-BHP Support

I’ve used GoMechanic services just once in an emergency when I has to get my front brake pads replaced. They are a garage aggregator without any written standards for adherence by these entities. I stood by the car and got my brake pads replaced. I would never ever leave my car alone at any of these so called franchised outlets.

Gomechanic continues to call me for repeat jobs but I use truecaller to block them.

What I am also eager to know is the actual name of the garage that GoMechanic took your car to. Because once that is listed in Google, we can tag this video and review for the place.
moralfibre is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 10:06   #30
BHPian

I had gone through exactly the same experience when I had taken their premium package for my swift last year, in Delhi. I always get things done in front of me but due to the pandemic, decided to with GoMechanic. As it turned out, it was the worst decision.

Draine pipe leakage was fixed after 3 personal visits to this really shady local mechanic, which apparently is the GoMechanic partner! Detailing was not done, alignment was not done, fluids were not topped up, in essence they had done just water wash and returned the car. Unfortunately, I did not have a dash cam to prove this.

Finally, after weeks of multiple escalations, managed to get fluids changed in front of me. But it beat the purpose as I had to risk and visit their local workshop in person more than once and eventually had to get everything done from company for peace of mind. So have decided to never go back to GoMechanic or any other such service.

Now, I don't know if this bad practice of falsifying work and charging for the same is a general practice or it was done to make some quick buck by the local workshop, but either ways, the fact remains that Gomechanic has no way of safeguarding their customers against such malpractices.

Last edited by IN07KL0484 : 14th July 2021 at 10:09. Reason: Clarify location where the services where used.
IN07KL0484 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks