Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2021, 14:59   #1
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Renault India introduces Motrio - Cheaper spare parts for ageing Renault vehicles like the Duster

Motrio - spares for ageing Renault vehicles

Name:  Motrio_Groupe_Renault.png
Views: 7403
Size:  17.6 KB

In the interest of reducing cost of ownership for ageing vehicles, Renault India has introduced its Motrio range of replacement spares for its cars. Customers have an option of choosing Motrio branded parts which are significantly cheaper (~ upto 40%) than the equivalent Renault branded parts.

Renault has provided customers an option of reviewing these parts in the service calculator feature on My Renault app. Users can select this option to see which parts can be used from the Motrio range and how much they can save if they wish to get these parts installed.
Renault India introduces Motrio - Cheaper spare parts for ageing Renault vehicles like the Duster-img_9519.png
I recently sent our Duster for the 200,000 km service and found out that they changed the Brake pads and Diesel filter and still the bill was within INR 12K. On further investigation I found an M prefix in front of these parts and the part numbers also have a different series. So digging further, I have compiled a list of Motrio branded parts that are listed on boodmo.com to serve as a ready reference.

Renault India introduces Motrio - Cheaper spare parts for ageing Renault vehicles like the Duster-mot.jpg

M Brake Pads | P/N: 8660095001 | INR 2,374/-

M Air Filter | P/N: 8660095002 | INR 425/-

M Cabin Filter | P/N: 8660095003 | INR 330/-

M Oil Filter | P/N: 8660095004 | INR 179/-

M Wiper Blade | P/N: 8660095007 | INR 282/-

M Air filter THP | P/N: 8660095008 | INR 450/-

M Diesel Filter | P/N: 8660095011 | INR 990/-

M Disk Brake | P/N: 8660095012 | INR 2,386/-
Important Disclaimers:
  • The list has been compiled by searching for the parts listed in serial order and not all parts listed might be compatible with your vehicle.
  • At this point in time, it is better to consult with your ASC to see if the parts listed above are compatible with your vehicle.
  • Also guessing that parts replacement will be done by ASC on stock availability basis so pre-booking would be helpful.
Tgo is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 00:10   #2
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review - Motrio Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
[center]

In the interest of reducing cost of ownership for ageing vehicles, Renault India has introduced its [b]
Thanks for bringing this up.

I think I started using Motrio parts on my Duster in 2020 - interesting to know that many existing owners aren't aware. I came to know about it long time back through my SA at my regular service centre who I have a good rapport with.

The service centres don't promote it for obvious reasons - lesser margins. When the pandemic struck, I relocated to my native place, and have been servicing the car at the nearest Renault service centre and these people play games:
  • Tells me that they don't recommend Motrio as the parts are inferior
  • If I insist while booking that I need Motrio, they'd say many parts are not in stock because of the reason above, and the customers don't trust Motrio

These are nonsense! Go ahead and use them. While booking your next service, check whether they have Motrio. They are supposed to keep them in stock.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th April 2024 at 11:50. Reason: Typos.
xjosephjacob is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 00:29   #3
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review - Motrio Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
I think I started using Motrio parts on my Duster in 2020 - interesting to know that many existing owners aren't aware. I came to know about it long time back through my SA at my regular service centre who I have a good rapport with.
Even I got to know of it last year but since the cars weren’t due for service then, didn’t follow it up.

Just imagine the brake job (pads and rotors) costing 7.5k instead of the close to 12k we’ve been paying all along.

Parts are in no way inferior, they are just priced better due to smartly managing logistics or outsourcing the manufacturing to vendors who can do it cheaper.

It is also a way to keep customers of older cars coming to the ASC when most owners see no reason to do so with better priced and performing aftermarket spares available easily at one’s doorstep. From Renault’s point of view - A way to keep ASCs happy with the inflow of customers.

Think of it, only the part is cheaper, not the labour. But the customer is happy one way or the other.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th April 2024 at 11:51. Reason: Quoted post edited
Tgo is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 07:36   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Renault India introduces Motrio - Cheaper spare parts for ageing Renault vehicles like the Duste

Quote:

Thanks for sharing, Tgo! Moving your post out to a new thread so other Renault owners don't miss it. A new thread means 100X the views & 100X the visibility in search engines, including Google. Will add to our news section & homepage hot threads later this week .

@ BHPians, if you should spot any good post in an existing thread that deserves its own new thread, please report the post and we'll move it out for greater visibility.

Thank you!

Last edited by GTO : 5th July 2021 at 07:37.
GTO is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 11:14   #5
BHPian

Re: Renault India introduces Motrio - Cheaper spare parts for ageing Renault vehicles like the Duste

Quote:
Customers have an option of choosing Motrio branded parts which are significantly cheaper (~ upto 40%) than the equivalent Renault branded parts.
Heartfelt thanks for sharing this with us.
Customers mostly avoid Renault due to the availability and costs of their spares. I hope that is been taken care of with Motrio branded spares.
Duster is such a capable car and This has been on my used car search list. I had kept it in the last place only because of the spare costs. I wonder why Renault didn't use this as a major marketing hook.
ash22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 11:30   #6

This is a great move by Renault.
I might have continued to own my Duster if something like this was offered earlier.
Renault should have helped their poor customers with something like this on their failing fuel injectors of 110 PS dusters.
They used to charge about 26K per injector outside warranty despite knowing the history of the failing injectors.
Such a move by car companies may attract the customers usually avoid small players in the market worrying about the ownership cost after the warranty period. I am sure schemes like this may increase the confidence in new entrants and struggling market players.Majority of the Indian car buyers think about long term ownership cost at least when they buy the car.
Old 5th July 2021, 15:49   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

A good gesture by Renault. Hopefully, they will also cater to owners of their older examples rather than fully prioritise new car marketing and sales. If only other manufacturers who have higher and inflated spare costs could take a cue from Renault, the customers would at least be put on the road to be kings.

And if the dealers are concealing information about the available stock of Motrio spares with them, Renault needs to enforce prominent display of the entire stock of critical spare parts in a prominent location at every ASC. The stock register (usually stored in CPU's of desktops) also needs to be transparently showed to the customer on demand. The car maker can easily enforce compliance.

Display of stocks of foodgrains by every fair price shop was made mandatory (liable to inspection by the government) when there was shortage, to prevent hoarding by unscrupulous elements. It worked well.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 20:09   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Definitely a move towards the positive direction by Renault. This will surely help customers to retain their cars for long or will give confidence to people who are looking to buy a pre-owned Duster.

But, with the dreaded injector failure or other costly part failures like the rear differential (in AWD) or fuel-pump or turbo, no owner will be comfortable to keep their cars for long, unless Renault re-introduces the anytime warranty covering all these major parts.

Last edited by Samba : 5th July 2021 at 20:15.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 08:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

Have Renault cars in the family. Thanks for this news!
Old 6th July 2021, 08:28   #10
BHPian

Good thought by Renault but isn’t it counterproductive to kill your own spare parts business? Don't know the logic but as long as the customer is happy.
Old 6th July 2021, 09:53   #11
Senior - BHPian

The key here is "old vehicles" - likely when warranty is over.
Both are to co-exist - consumers choice ultimately!

Motrio would have parts for other manufacturers as well. Their quality wouldn't differ - so is this going to be a (silent) acknowledgement of the Manufacturers accepting it. Either ways, this is awesome news!
Old 6th July 2021, 10:39   #12
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeledwanderer View Post
Good thought by Renault but isn’t it counterproductive to kill your own spare parts business? Don't know the logic but as long as the customer is happy.
How I look at it...

Scenario-1
I own an old Duster. 8 years down the line I see service costs going high compared to residual value of the vehicle. I start getting it serviced in non-Renault garages with local knock-off spares with unknown life and performance track record from manufacturers like VIR, Euromac, ZIP etc. For sourcing these spares I spend hours stocking parts before a service is due, running to various auto shops and/or ordering them online. The mechanic fitting these has sketchy ethics and keeps suggesting brands with iffy quality just so that I become a repeat customer when it fails. In case of issues, the parts guy blames the mechanic who fit them, the mechanic blames the guy selling the parts.
Owner's loss : peace of mind
OEM's loss : losing faith in the brand / product
Dealer's Loss : lesser cars to service = lesser earnings
Tier-2 City Garage Owner : Smiling his way to the bank
Scenario-2
I own an old Duster. 8 years down the line I see service costs going high compared to residual value of the vehicle. One fine day after a recent service, I find that i had to pay much less due to Motrio parts which offer equal life and performance as OEM parts, and come with 20,000 km / 6 month fitment warranty.
Owner's gain : peace of mind
OEM's gain : builds trust and long term relationship; probably a repeat customer too
Dealer's gain : more cars = more earnings as they are charging the same for cost of labour
Tier-2 City Garage Owner : put in a tough spot to improve their service quality
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
The key here is "old vehicles" - likely when warranty is over. Both are to co-exist - consumers choice ultimately!
True, as on date they are available only for Phase-1 Models of the Duster as per my findings.
Tgo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 12:54   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True, as on date they are available only for Phase-1 Models of the Duster as per my findings.
If the parts haven't changed between the Phase-1 & later phases? I doubt they will have diff part IDs with each phase. They have done only minor face-lifts
Old 6th July 2021, 13:14   #14
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
If the parts haven't changed between the Phase-1 & later phases? I doubt they will have diff part IDs with each phase. They have done only minor face-lifts
Few parts I know are different:
Brake Discs
Brake Pads
Intake Air Filter and intake routing
Intercooler and its hose routing
Just to clarify :
Phase-1 = Duster launched in 2012
Phase-2 = looked like phase-1 but the headlamps were blackened
Phase-2 F/L 1 = The one with the changed grill (big Renault logo) and bumpers
Phase-2 F/L 2 = Current look which was launched in light blue shade and smaller headlamps with front Renault logo requiring a cut-out in the bonnet front lip

Last edited by Tgo : 6th July 2021 at 13:18.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 13:15   #15
Senior - BHPian

Whats the difference between Motrio and Renault branded spares? Are Renault branded spares better quality? Or is it just the brand name?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks