Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2021, 22:54   #16
BHPian

Re: Khat khat sound from the steering wheel

Had this exact issue in my Accord and the issue turned out to be the driveshafts. For my car, turned out to be a rather expensive affair at north of 80k INR.
lordtottuu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 19:56   #17
BHPian

Thank you for advice everyone.

I drove the car for 900 kms more. So from last 2 days, I'm noticing the sound has increased and also at a certain higher speed while turning to a certain side, I feel that steering is getting stuck and it is not so smooth to move it from that position.

The sound definitely feels like is coming somewhere from the steering column.

Any idea what the issue is? Also I was thinking to keep it driving for around 2000 kms more as my servicing would be due at that time. But seeing the current situation, I think it would be wise to just get the issue sorted at the earliest and do the servicing also (do not want to visit the service center again).
Old 24th July 2021, 21:24   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounak04 View Post
Thank you for advice everyone.

I drove the car for 900 kms more. So from last 2 days, I'm noticing the sound has increased and also at a certain higher speed while turning to a certain side, I feel that steering is getting stuck and it is not so smooth to move it from that position.

The sound definitely feels like is coming somewhere from the steering column.

Any idea what the issue is? Also I was thinking to keep it driving for around 2000 kms more as my servicing would be due at that time. But seeing the current situation, I think it would be wise to just get the issue sorted at the earliest and do the servicing also (do not want to visit the service center again).
Did you already check your sway-bar bushings and support if it’s worn out and having unintended movement?
Old 26th July 2021, 13:50   #19
BHPian

UPDATE

I visited Maruti Service Center today to get my Steering checked. My service advisor took a trial of the car and immediately told me its a faulty Steering Column. He quoted a price of around 40,000-50,000 as the Steering Column in not covered under Extended Warranty. But he still told me that he will check in his servers once if he can do anything about it.

After waiting for about 10-15 mins, he told me that my Car's Steering Column will be replaced for free as my car's chassis number is among the ones for which Maruti has issued a Silent Recall.

I recently my changed Service Center from Autovista. Kamothe to Automotive, Nerul as the performance of Previous Service Center was Okaish at the best. I think it was due to their (Last Service Center) sub par Performance, that they never told me about the Recall.

Anyways, so the part has been ordered today and it will take roughly 2 weeks to reach the service center. The Service Advisor asked me to drive the car till then but what do the TeamBHPians think? Is it safe to drive for roughly 500-1000 kms more?

Thank you for all the suggestions everyone
Sounak04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 13:17   #20
BHPian

UPDATE

The order for Steering Column was placed with Automotive Manufacturers Pvt. Ltd. (Nerul, Navi Mumbai) on 26th July. Now it is close to 1 month and there is no update on the Steering Column. Their only answer is that the Part is in Backorder and we have no idea regarding when the part will be dispatched from Maruti. I asked them to send me a mail stating the same and they did.

Now the thing is how long should i wait for the part? Its a very critical part and can lead to accidents if it fails suddenly while driving.

Whenever i tell them that i will contact Maruti directly, they get nervous and try to escalate the calls to the higher authority within their dealership.

So what does the BHPians think i should do in this scenario? Should i mail the Maruti directly? Does anyone here knows anyone from Maruti or Automotive Dealership to whom i can contact for an update?

Last edited by Sounak04 : 20th August 2021 at 13:18.
Old 3rd February 2022, 16:05   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounak04 View Post
UPDATE
So what does the BHPians think i should do in this scenario? Should i mail the Maruti directly? Does anyone here knows anyone from Maruti or Automotive Dealership to whom i can contact for an update?
I hope your steering column problem has been resolved by now. Sharing my 2 cents as I dont see a response in the forum. I have the same problem in my VXI AGS Dzire. I did check with a mechanic and he confirmed it. He said that its safe to drive as the only annoyance would be the sound.

In my case I get the sound when I turn left, but the car as such is absolutely smooth. Also, that's one of the reasons Maruti has marked their cars for silent recall because there does not seem to be any safety issue. I am yet to visit a service center, but I am interested to know the status of your car. Is the issue resolved now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks