Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2023, 14:20   #136
BHPian

Re: Frustrated with VW's inability to fix my Tiguan Allspace DSG. EDIT: 2nd DSG failure (page 4)

Is it's only me or DSG / Engine issues are more common in Tiguan than in Kodiaq?
Old 7th August 2023, 16:49   #137
Senior - BHPian

Re: Frustrated with VW's inability to fix my Tiguan Allspace DSG. EDIT: 2nd DSG failure (page 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Is it's only me or DSG / Engine issues are more common in Tiguan than in Kodiaq?
Tiguans (TSI) have been there for 2-3 years now and the Kodiaqs (TSI) are around only for a year
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 10:02   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdmainroad View Post
Do you not have extended warranty? Doesn’t the Tiguan come with a 4 year warranty?

Why can’t you push for VW for resolution under warranty? Have you emailed them a stinker mail?

Why leave it as it is? It may only get worse and put you in a deeper spot!

With the car making noises, I think it’s a very bad idea to go get aftermarket brake discs. They’ll now try to pass it off as an issue with them!
Hey,

Yes, I have extended warranty with the vehicle. But as stated earlier there needs to be a balance between what needs to be fixed immediately, and what can be be left as it is. I fought with them for 2 years. My vehicle downtime cumulatively was 4 months out of 2 years of ownership.
In the daily driving route of the vehicle as well as occasional outstation trip, it works fine 99% of the time. My car was stripped apart countless time, do I trust them to do it properly? Absolutely not! God knows if they would've stripped bell housing bolts of engine or left some bolts which needed to be tightened.
It was depressing to see the fault in my brand new vehicle, but with time I've accepted that nothing can be done on it and I'm enjoying the vehicle more now.
I'll use it till the ground too (15 Years) due to poor resale of this vehicle.

For warranty/extended warranty, it all depends on your relation with service centre advisor/manager. Many things can be swiftly dealt, if you have happy terms with service centre staff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdarshG View Post
Hi Dhruv.

Have been following up this post very closely. Recently bought a 2022 Tiguan (CKD) last month. Took it to the hills. Received a DSG high temperature warning and then an alarm. Happens each time the car has to pull while going uphill. There is a sharp reduction in torque. Spoke to VW. They said they will speak to the technical team and get back. Been wanting to know the status of your DSG issue.
Nothing much on my DSG issue, to be frank the VW service centre is not even sure it is DSG.
Maybe the clutches are getting over heated due to sharp incline. I took my car on hills multiple times, but haven't dealt with DSG temperature warning. The hills weren't maybe as steep?
Because in the end DSG is a series of clutches which engages/disengages, I think the inclines were quite sharp in your route that's why the DSG overheated.
I would recommend not to pursue this case further unless you are sure that VW will replace this gearbox eventually. Because, in replicating this scenario VW would be burning your clutches multiple times in hilly/steep incline condition to get the error again. Shortening the overall lifespan of your gearbox.
If the issue persists quite frequently, then you can pursue it seriously.

Last edited by Dhruv29 : 13th August 2023 at 10:07.
Dhruv29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 03:49   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv29 View Post
Yes, I have extended warranty with the vehicle. But as stated earlier there needs to be a balance between what needs to be fixed immediately, and what can be be left as it is. I fought with them for 2 years. My vehicle downtime cumulatively was 4 months out of 2 years of ownership.
In the daily driving route of the vehicle as well as occasional outstation trip, it works fine 99% of the time. My car was stripped apart countless time, do I trust them to do it properly? Absolutely not! God knows if they would've stripped bell housing bolts of engine or left some bolts which needed to be tightened.
It was depressing to see the fault in my brand new vehicle, but with time I've accepted that nothing can be done on it and I'm enjoying the vehicle more now.
I'll use it till the ground too (15 Years) due to poor resale of this vehicle.
Thanks Dhruv

Makes sense to not pursue this any further till it happens frequently. Live in the hills half the time. Have a Thar. Will keep the Tiguan for soft off roading and the Thar for the tougher terrains.

Last edited by graaja : 23rd September 2023 at 07:09. Reason: Please quote only a small or relevant part of a post. Avoid quoting an entire post.
Old 17th November 2023, 21:32   #140
BHPian

This is exactly why I bought a Tucson instead of a Tiguan. It's a coin toss. All the alleged driving exhilaration will be offset if/when you encounter a DSG failure. A TC gearbox is a safe bet for Indian conditions. No point in complaining when you know it's a ticking time bomb.
shabeermohamed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 00:29   #141
BHPian

Thank you for sharing your ordeal Dhruv. As someone in the forum pointed out, nothing is worth your peace of mind. I was shortlisting the Tiguan - they told me that it has the dq320 gearbox (guess i hear it wrong) which is good; but then i came across your thread. I am not ready for this kind of stress. Thanks again for sharing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks