Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2021, 21:16   #1
BHPian

My Fluid Film kit | Protecting the car from rust

I had been sending my car in for rustproofing with Fluid Film which is a Lanolin based oil made from sheeps wool. This is very efective and my car which runs on heavily salted roads 6 months a year has almost no rust damage.

Originally used on oil rigs and cables, they put a picture of a car on it and the prices have multiplied many times.

In 2012 I paid 180 euros for the treatment. In 2014 it had gone up to 240 and in 2016 up to 360 euros.

A strawberry farmer runs the shop with low paid Lithuanian workers getting paid under half the normal salaries. Had they been paid a normal salary, I would not mind paying the extra costs.

In 2019 a TV crew went to this strawberry farmer and made a documentary and now the price had increased to 590 euros and I said no more and decided to get my own kit and do it myself from then on.

Today my kit arrived. This is a pressure cup with all the nozzles and spray attachments unlike a spray gun where the paint and air are mixed at the nozzles. I will just touch up the undercarriage and treat the insides of the doors and A and B-pillars. I have bought 5 liters of thick and 5 liters of thin Lanolin.

My Fluid Film kit | Protecting the car from rust-ff1.jpg

My Fluid Film kit | Protecting the car from rust-ff2.jpg

My Fluid Film kit | Protecting the car from rust-ff3.jpg
Indian2003 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 22:03   #2
BHPian

re: My Fluid Film kit | Protecting the car from rust

The reviews for fluid flim are really great. People who live in coastal areas would definitely be interested. Do share before and after photos of your car.

Here is a video I found of a long term review. The verdict is positively gushing!:
Motard_Blr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 23:06   #3
BHPian

re: My Fluid Film kit | Protecting the car from rust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Do share before and after photos of your car.

Here is a video I found of a long term review. The verdict is positively gushing!: https://Youtu.be/4TIWZ6gDjl8
I have treated my car 4 times since 2012 and the undercarriage looks like the car in the youtube video even though the first treatment was on a 10 year old car. I will get my car on a lift and take some pictures.

The undercarriage is coated with dirt clinging on to the lanolin and dry. In the winter theyuse so much of salt that the wipers sometimes go dry with caked salt. In the spring I dont get the typical rust spots on the car. I never wash the undercarriage of the car.

I will be only treating the insides of the doors and the pillars just to be sure it is coated with the liquid. Since the sill is open behind, I will do that too. All this will be done in September.
Indian2003 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks