Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2022, 21:14   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon - Drive Mode Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izk View Post
UPDATE:
Tata Regional Customer Care (TRCC) and Malayalam Tata initiated the rectification process, and on 27/07/2021 (Odometer: 30136), the vehicle was returned after replacing an Injector and Flywheel under Warranty.

I suspect TRCC was not happy with the fact that I reported the issue on Team-BHP. A personnel pointedly noted that I lacked any video evidence to prove the recent incident. Three years and counting, encountering this issue, for which they couldn't identify the root cause yet, but the lack of a ‘recent video’ for proof was a ‘concern’! I wish the person had the awareness to understand how that sounds to one who had to handle the vehicle when the driving mode suddenly changes to Sports mode, out of nowhere, in the middle of the road. Seems video evidence produced since 2018 and 15+ rectification visits weren't enough. Even the paid extended warranty was declined on the grounds that I delayed a service. They didn't care whether the said delay was during the Covid second wave lockdown! I would note that the Tata Regional Customer Care’s approach was quite unprofessional.

After the replacements, I noticed unusual juddering on gear shifts. It was reported to Malayalam Tata and was assured to be checked on the next visit. One midnight, while on a long journey (Odometer: 31701), the engine juddered heavily and stalled while cruising. I managed to park the vehicle aside safely. The Malfunction Indicator Lamp & Check Engine Lamp was glowing on the Instrument Cluster. I took video footage, referred to Manual, and rested for half an hour. Surprisingly no warning lights or engine juddering/missing were noticed when I started again, but as a precaution I traveled below 40 km/hr as home was nearby. I reported the issue the next day to Malayalam Tata Service Manager and shared the video evidence. The vehicle was again given for the above problem correction and routine maintenance service. The Vehicle was returned as usual and nothing was communicated regarding the reported problem. I tried to get in contact with the SAs and SM and to my surprise they wouldn't attend the call, as if being ostracized. WhatsApped the SM and he replied that he will confirm. Later he confirmed that the issue is resolved and when I requested to share the OBD error codes, he went silent!

Again, the vehicle was given to Focus Motors on 27/10/21 (Odometer: 32685) to troubleshoot the issue amidst a travel and they couldn't trace the problem even though video footage of the problem was produced.

Heavy engine juddering with Malfunction Indicator Lamp & Check Engine Lamp and unusual juddering while gear shifts became prominent. The Drive mode issue again cropped up and this time it was more prominent than before. Now on almost 90% engine starts, drive mode changes, accompanied with an unnaturally higher rpm than normal engine starts. ABS alert also shows up. The same was reported along with the video footage to Malayalam Tata and TRCC. I produced the vehicle for rectification on 09/12/2021 (Odometer: 33495) and after a few days the vehicle was returned with their assurance of having sorted out the issues.

However, it aggravated to the extent that the mileage dropped considerably. After the last Service Center visit, it stays around 8 to 10 km/l. Informed the SM, and the vehicle was requested to produce again on 21/12/2021 (Odometer:33686). This time, they encountered the reported issues while driving the car alongside me. They returned the vehicle stating that they have performed ECU and Injector programming to correct the mileage issue. Before leaving Malayalam Tata I noticed that they returned the vehicle with 2 broken center air vents and fixed it temporarily hoping I won't notice! When I complained, they denied with no hesitation and put the onus on me. I moved on out of frustration without saying a word. Each time the vehicle is sent for service, something like this is now expected, and only once have they acknowledged their mistake. The Drive Mode issue, Engine Juddering, and Mileage Drop issues still stand unresolved, and Malayalam Tata has washed their hands off the case.

While raising complaints about this recurrent unresolved issue, a curious after effect was that calls from Customer Care asking for feedback stopped gradually. There were no more calls asking if the service was satisfactory, or if the complaints were resolved, or what ‘rating’ I would give for the overall experience. In this context, the denial of the option for a paid extended warranty quoting flimsy reasons such as not meeting the service date during the Covid second wave seems devious. Almost as if the thought was, if one doesn’t address pain points, it magically vanishes off. Well, that is not how it transpires in the real world.

Finally I have to say, I am done. Pursuing the legal route now. So far I have been patient and played along fairly to troubleshoot and rectify the issue, but now the assumed risk seems to be far more than I anticipated at the start. I am concerned how this vehicle will age given the service and care I’ve experienced. If anyone else faces the Drive Mode Issue, be proactive and pursue the solution, as Tata Motors doesn't seem to have a clue at the moment.

- IK
Any update on this ? Its been 4 months now.

An update would help fellow nexon owners to understand better.
Old 6th April 2022, 20:09   #17
Izk

Re: Tata Nexon - Drive Mode Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay_Sangar27 View Post
Any update on this ? Its been 4 months now.

An update would help fellow nexon owners to understand better.
We have moved ahead on the legal route for remedy.

Last service bill amounted INR 23904 with ridiculous billing heads. As usual, the vehicle was returned without addressing the reported Drive Mode issue, Engine Juddering, Engine Warning Lights, Malfunction Warning Lights, ABS Warning Lights and AMT Warning Lights. Complied and paid, as it makes the situation clear before the Court. The only resolved concern was the mileage drop issue.

No feedback call from service centre regarding service quality, or rating till now. No follow up from Tata Customer Care regarding the reported issues. No troubleshooting initiates either.

Earlier, they had removed and reassembled the entire fuel system to check for presence of metal and/or inferior fuel quality, but they didn't find any.

I understand that you had the chance to get your vehicle's error code, and that's transparent, and the right way to go about it. In the Drive Mode issue, requests for sharing the error codes were dealt with silence at different points during the case history. I'm reasonably certain they won't share the details of the investigation or error codes, as they are still unsure of a root cause and solution. Cluelessness at their end, is a huge concern.

Now the vehicle is sparingly used, because of the unpleasant riding experience and safety concerns due to the issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks