Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2021, 16:12   #61
KPR
BANNED

Re: Yet another DQ200 gearbox failure - VW Polo GT TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Yikes! Could be the final nail in the coffin for my DSG (Taigun 1.5 DQ200) booking too.
Have you sold your 90 HP Punto? Please don't. Enjoy it to the last bit. There is no replacement for that car.
Old 24th August 2021, 19:00   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
This has been their attitude for a very long time, they love to go back on their word and avoid giving warranty claims. Remember the 1.6 TDi injector issues - VW knew the injectors could fail any time but never issued a recall, blamed adulterated diesel and what not.

I asked the workshop manager at that time on what would i do if my remaining 2 old injectors go bad in the middle of the night on a highway, he had the audacity to tell me that I should call RSA in that case.

Sad to see the OP had to shell out full 1.4L, i sold my Vento off before the injectors failed, it’s not just the dealers who are bad, company’s attitude is equally poor here, there is a reason why we do not see such threads for other manufacturers. I understand that a part can fail but what makes
or breaks the customer is how a manufacturer behaves.

I owned a FIAT for 7 years and even you would know how customer support works there, in here, all your emails to VW/Skoda go right back to dealer, does not matter what the level of escalation is.
Lovely cars marred by poor parents.

EDIT : Just saw that on very first page of technical stuff, we have 3 VW threads running with the caption of pathetic/slow service, sort of gives an idea.

I also faced something similar with my Audi Q3. I had the warranty & Service plan covering it, still after 55K its steering started giving out a moderate play while turning. The dealer quoted a massive price, stating that the related parts in this problem are not covered in either warranty or service plan. I tried with dealer, then Audi India. Nobody heard me. I looked at Audi international board members, made up their email ID's and wrote scathing mail to good 15 people. It did land in 5 people's inboxes and did do the wonders. Go it all sorted FOC. New steering was installed by the dealer. Idea is to shame the erring dealers/companies in social media and their owners. Not always but I have seen this work.
yadavsunil is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 20:49   #63

Vw's reliablity is a hit or a miss. Some machines perform beautifully over the years, some dont. This is the reason why i sold off my Vw Ameo Tdi manual and settled for a Ecosport Automatic.
The ameo had some clutch issues which the dealer couldn't solve even after repeated visits, the clutch became super hard, which didn't improve even after changing the new clutch, my 18k went down the drain. Otherwise it performed flawlessly in all terrain, impressing us always with its mighty diesel engine. But keeping the future struggle in mind, sold it off in 4th year.
Now coming to the Ecosport automatic, feels much better than a Vw Polo/Ameo as a product.
Highway_Nation is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 08:47   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway_Nation View Post
Vw's reliablity is a hit or a miss. Some machines perform beautifully over the years, some dont.
Exact reason why I'm afraid of suggesting VW to someone else. I haven't faced any major issues touchwood, but have heard a lot of scary stories to make me think twice before recommending it to someone else. You never know what could go wrong in a VW - off late I'm starting to think it's not worth the risk the dive into a VW.
logicalidiot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 20:27   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
We were puzzled, and no additional information was shared with us on what was the real cause. ABS sensor can't cause EPC and steering issues.
All these Germans go berserk with the ABS sensor failures. On my BMW 3GT, These are the systems that stop working or misbehave:
1) ABS
2) ESP
3) Spoiler
4) Electric Tailgate
5) EPS. Steering becomes extremely stiff.

Glad your vento is fine now. I do wonder why these Speed sensor failures are a sort of given with the Germans. Happened thrice over two years on my car. Got the fourth one replaced under warranty just in case.
Maverick_4662 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 07:08   #66
BHPian

EVM in Kochi can be very high handed and incompetent - a winning combination. I don’t think we can find an SA there or technician who stays beyond a year or so, which puts us in a position of finding no one there that really knows my car or me, or worth spending time to build a relationship with. My 10 year old, dealer serviced TDI vento went in to service without major issues and came back with a rattle and misaligned switches after they replaced the ac vents. My In-law’s TSI vento has had so many sensor changes, it boggles the mind.

For my next, I am not considering the Taigun/Tiguan even though I love the driving experience. No VW/No EVM is where I’m at. At Kochi that leaves me with Toyota I think. My Dad too, loved the vento, bought a toyota.
Old 26th August 2021, 10:47   #67
BHPian

There goes my plans to put money on the Volkswagen Taigun. I was on the verge of exchanging two of my cars(selling) to get hold of the Taigun. Will check out the Mahindra XUV700 petrol automatic and continue to keep my smaller car. The Cruze LT Manual Gearbox I have, is on its last legs as regards its Clutch and Dual Mass flywheel assembly as I have not yet replaced it in 187564 kms.
drpullockaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 09:54   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine;5132885
Also, there is an [I
incident report (with diagnostics)[/i] that the dealer is required to submit to VW. Please try & get hold of a copy from the dealer.
Do dealers/service center share this detail? I am told that this cannot be shared as may result in technical details and other similar leaks. Sounded very weird to me. Also any suggestion to get this incident report if declined by the dealer/service center citing such reasons?
Old 29th August 2021, 11:24   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelyyoungman View Post
Do dealers/service center share this detail? I am told that this cannot be shared as may result in technical details and other similar leaks. Sounded very weird to me. Also any suggestion to get this incident report if declined by the dealer/service center citing such reasons?
One can try to get hold of this informally, if you know the Service Advisor and the Master Technician well, in a particular service station. They won't email or give it to you but can definitely show it to you in person. I have seen it myself.

Officially, the workshop is supposed to log each and every detail of the diagnostics and send it to HQ, basis which further course of action is determined.
Old 29th August 2021, 11:29   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
One can try to get hold of this informally, if you know the Service Advisor and the Master Technician well, in a particular service station. They won't email or give it to you but can definitely show it to you in person. I have seen it myself.

Officially, the workshop is supposed to log each and every detail of the diagnostics and send it to HQ, basis which further course of action is determined.
Thank you so much for the update. I will check the possibility of informal route to get relevant details.
livelyyoungman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 09:45   #71
BHPian

I have tried the informal route to get the incident report and it has lead me to a dead end. The ASC is not willing to even informally share this.

Any suggestions on how to get this? Honestly, I don't mind reaching out to redressal authorities to get this info.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by livelyyoungman : 31st August 2021 at 09:47.
Old 18th October 2021, 07:53   #72
BHPian

Referencing my post on DSG blinking here to bring attention to folks who have handled this in recent times. Any suggestions would be of great help in dealing with VW. Thanks.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5174660 (Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review)
Old 21st November 2021, 10:35   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Sorry to say this, but welcome to the club. I think it's one eventuality that's waiting to happen if you own a DQ200 gearbox, sooner or later. I would advise you to take the gearbox rust with a bucket of salt. From my experience, they are not trained enough to open the sealed box, let alone find rust within. Ask for photos of the rust if they are adamant. Coming to goodwill warranty, you're completely at the mercy of ASS and VW. Try to make some noise and hope for the best. And, i hope you don't have any major mods in your car and a spotless service history, which can be reasons they will try to deny warranty. Also the quote they are saying is simply stupid. That itself raises lot of suspicion on their intentions. The mechatronics costs around 71k MRP. How i know this is, i paid for it while mine gave up. (You can find my entire experience in the GT TSI official review thread). Have attached the MRP on box of mechatronics that i got. Hope it works out in your favour.

To be frank there are no fixes for the DQ200 gearbox. What you've mentioned are stop gap and not true fixes. This is because my GB failed even after the mineral oil change and innumerable software updates. But to be frank i don't regret this purchase. This is one superbly tuned gearbox, with an achilles heel. Just put an FD in name of DQ200 if your'e planning to hold on to a car with one for a long time.

Hi. I am posting a query here for the first time. There is a harsh metallic sound coming when shifting from D2 to D3 and downshifting from D4 to D3. My car 2016 GT TSI and has covered around 60,500 Kms. This continues even after changing the multi clutch and flywheel. It seems to be a mechatronic failure in that case. Can someone please suggest if the car will be good for another 50k Kms if the mechatronic unit is also replaced or should I start thinking of getting rid of my car? Essentially, I want to understand if replacement of mechatronic by the Authorized Service Centre effective or not?
Thanks a ton !

Manish.
Old 21st November 2021, 11:32   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsh_87 View Post
Hi. I am posting a query here for the first time. There is a harsh metallic sound coming when shifting from D2 to D3 and downshifting from D4 to D3. My car 2016 GT TSI and has covered around 60,500 Kms. This continues even after changing the multi clutch and flywheel. It seems to be a mechatronic failure in that case. Can someone please suggest if the car will be good for another 50k Kms if the mechatronic unit is also replaced or should I start thinking of getting rid of my car? Essentially, I want to understand if replacement of mechatronic by the Authorized Service Centre effective or not?
Thanks a ton !

Manish.
So let me get this straight. You had harsh metallic sound in your GT, for which the multiclutch and flywheel was replaced. But, you continue to get this noise ? Need more info from you.

1. Where did you replace the multiclutch+flywheel ? If its the VW ASS, just take the car back to them and ask them to rectify the issue. You have 2 years warranty on new OE parts.
2. If its a FNG, then most probably the multiclutch / flywheel alignment or the coding is not done properly. This has to be done properly and you can refer to the thread by one bhpian from Delhi who did that in a FNG on his own.
3. Mechatronics issue usually don't make metallic/ mechanical noise on failure as its usually the electronics that go bad.
4. Avoid driving the car with the noise, especially with a new multiclutch/ flywheel, lest you damage them. Approach the VW ASS/ FNG where you replaced them.

P.S. Do share with the forum the cost you paid for the new multiclutch and flywheel. Drive safe.
Old 21st November 2021, 12:06   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
So let me get this straight. You had harsh metallic sound in your GT, for which the multiclutch and flywheel was replaced. But, you continue to get this noise ? Need more info from you.

1. Where did you replace the multiclutch+flywheel ? If its the VW ASS, just take the car back to them and ask them to rectify the issue. You have 2 years warranty on new OE parts.
2. If its a FNG, then most probably the multiclutch / flywheel alignment or the coding is not done properly. This has to be done properly and you can refer to the thread by one bhpian from Delhi who did that in a FNG on his own.
3. Mechatronics issue usually don't make metallic/ mechanical noise on failure as its usually the electronics that go bad.
4. Avoid driving the car with the noise, especially with a new multiclutch/ flywheel, lest you damage them. Approach the VW ASS/ FNG where you replaced them.

P.S. Do share with the forum the cost you paid for the new multiclutch and flywheel. Drive safe.
Hi. Thank you so much for replying!

I'll try and explain the situation in detail.

My car is covered under Add-on Warranty which was taken right before the issues started developing (and is effective from October, 2021). So have paid absolutely nothing for both the parts i.e. multi clutch and flywheel.

I had sent the car for the 60,000kms service at the VW ASC and reported the metallic noise generated from lower left front bottom corner while shifting (which were accompanied with minor but noticeable jerk(s). There was no other faults or blinking lights etc. which I had come across. They apparently ran scans which showed certain faults - which lead them to change the multi clutch and the flywheel.

I was told that the issues stand resolved. However, when I went to test it yesterday, the noise and jerks on upshifting (D2 to D3) and downshifting (D4-D3) were still prevalent and I pointed the same out to the Service Advisor. The scanning done thereafter, in my presence, did not show any fault codes whatsoever. According to them, it is difficult for them to change parts under warranty when no fault codes are showing up. Sounds absurd to me but it is what it is for now.

While the initial suggestion was that I leave the car so that they can report it and get it further checked with the warranty team, they have now handed the car over and asked me to come back after 20 days or so. The reason/strategy explained was that if the issue is due to mechatronic or some other parts, the Company will take back the newly installed multi clutch and flywheel which may lead to further issues in the coming years. So their plan is to open a new job card on the noise issue and get the mechatronic (or any other part responsible) replaced. In this time period, they will settle their warranty claims with the Company qua the multi-clutch and flywheel.

Given that this advise was given by the Service advisor in presence of the service head, I agreed to the same. They have been supportive till now so I did not see a reason to go after them.

Kindly help me understand my options. Should I take it to some other technician who can help me with the diagnosis at least.

Note: My car has been decently maintained, not modified, self-driven with immaculate service record. I want to run it for at least 50,000 kms more as I plan to switch to an EV in a couple of years or so. I reside in Delhi-NCR.

Thanks again. Looking forward to your reply!
mnsh_87 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks