Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2021, 16:28   #16
BHPian

Re: New Jeep Compass | Engine idling stop & start malfunction

There are multiple factors that decide if auto stat stop should work or not. There is a detailed thread by our Maruti expert leoshashi about how Maruti/Suzuki SVHC works, including that start stop conditions. There are various parameters that must be met in order for the auto start stop system to work.

Since you are from Kerala, the top suspects in my mind are:
1) Auto AC temperature: If auto ac detects cabin temperature is higher that the set value, start stop system will be deactivated in lieu of comfort. Try setting auto ac temperature around 24-25 degree Celsius instead of say 18-22.

2) Brake booster vacuum: Start-stop system will be deactivated in lieu of safety. This might happen if your engine rpm was near idle and you have applied brake multiple times in a short period.

3) Coolant temperature: Can be high if running in city traffic for long time and driven hard. But unlikely to be the cause here in a relatively new car.

Please have a look that this thread.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...tem-works.html (Explained! How Maruti's SHVS System Works)

Thanks,
Antony
AntPaul is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 11:45   #17
BHPian

Re: New Jeep Compass | Engine idling stop & start malfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
On a lighter note = If everything else is working fine, I would consider this to be a blessing in disguise . And I hope the same malfunction happens in our new Superb! I hate the feature so much that I went to a tuner and got it disabled in my 5-Series. Sure, manufacturers provide a "disable" button, but most cars restart with the function enabled by default.
But why? Doesn't it help save fuel? I find it quite useful in long signals, which are aplenty in the bigger cities. Especially, in conjunction with the auto hold, the sequence is quite convenient. Come to a standstill-engine turns off-let go brake pedal-relax-press throttle-move off.

My additional feature request would be for the auto headlights to turn off when the engine turns off. I don't see why they should be lighting up the road when the start/stop system has cut off the engine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks