Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2021, 11:46   #16
BHPian

Re: A bittersweet experience : Mahindra team steps up to solve recurring oil leak issue in my XUV5OO

Update:

I received a call from the executive of authorised dealer Angel Auto Wheels after my email to Mr. Hanif and was promised the delivery on/before 26th March. However just like the earlier promises this too was not honoured.
Till date the music system is not installed in the car and they are saying that the RTO passing cannot be done till the same is fitted.

Really fed up with this experience.
Old 23rd April 2021, 23:37   #17
BHPian

Re: A bittersweet experience : Mahindra team steps up to solve recurring oil leak issue in my XUV5OO

Update:

After lot of help from team-bhp; various emails to CRM of Mahindra; 50+ calls to authorised dealer; a sarcastic tweet to Mahindra Rise and a very long email to Mr. Anand Mahindra I finally received the delivery of the vehicle of the auspicious ocassion on Gudi padwa.
I was told the delay was on end of RTO and not at their end.
It seems that Mahindra has started (before the new lockdown) the process of delivering cars at customer residence rather than at showroom as a preventive measure for COVID 19 (more on that later).

So the showroom called up to intimate me that the delivery will be scheduled around 11.30 at my building. Come 11.30 the car was parked in my building premises I was asked to take at the new vehicle and then sign off on the delivery.
I informed that I will reinspect the vehicle again prior to signing off on any documents. Still I was asked to do the pooja as well as click some photos of key being handed over to me prior to inspection. Also since my family had come down to have a look at the new car and I don't want them to be exposed to lot of people I obliged. When I was checking the document at the time of signing I noticed that my insurance company had been changed. When asked them about the same I was told that the previous one and the current one are under tie ups and hence it is not a big deal as I will not be facing and issues in case of claims. I was assured of price protection at the time of purchase in Dec and since the ex showroom price has gone up by 10k I am sure it was adjusted from a less reputable insurer.
I told them this is not we had agreed upon and it raised a flag in my head. I felt as if all the pressuring to take the delivery without proper checking the car and documents had a hidden agenda to it.
So I went and asked the delivery guy to give me some time as I wanted to reinspect the car again.

I checked the odo and it was reflecting as 32 kms. When I enquired about the same he smugly said that it was very less as sometimes the actual odo at delivery is around 50+. Little did he know that I had done a pdi with check list of team bhp and had noted down the odo at 10km during the same. The distance between the yard and the showroom is around 30km. So when I enquired him about it he was at loss of words. I immediately knew the reason behind the delivery at residential address - in case I was a showroom I would have refused the delivery.
Clearly the odo was disconnected for who knows how many kms. I am not sure whether car car was used to test drive as the car was with the dealership for around 15 days but given my experience with them I won't put it past them. However the only thing as a consolation is that because of lockdown there might not have been a lot of people to test drive the car.
Since lockdown was initiated the very next day I could not get hold of the dealership to get the extended warranty card and few remaining accessories.
The whole point of writing such a long post is because I wanted to thank team-bhp for helping me out as there was a time that I was really lost as what to next in terms of getting a response from customer care of Mahindra.
With help from all the members I was finally able to get in touch and get a response which I was trying since 2 months.

Moral of the story: please do pdi as per checklist and always take the words of the dealership with a pinch of salt as most of them are there to swindle you one way or other.

Last edited by Acid Burn : 24th April 2021 at 00:01. Reason: Posted half message by mistake
Acid Burn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 09:43   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Burn View Post
The whole point of writing such a long post is because I wanted to thank team-bhp for helping me out as there was a time that I was really lost as what to next in terms of getting a response from customer care of Mahindra.
With help from all the members I was finally able to get in touch and get a response which I was trying since 2 months.
Hey acid burn, I kinda missed this post in between. Hope everything is going ok and you are having fun with your steed. Come to think of it, 2 of our vehicles at home had odo reading in the range of 200+ kms when we took delivery. My XUV in the spec and color that I booked was available in Calicut showroom, while I wanted to take delivery at Thrissur. So a dealership driver had to drive it down for a distance of 250 kms or so. The Elantra that we took delivery in 2012 had an odo reading of 200 kms. Sadly, we already took delivery of the vehicle before noticing that. I still remember the face of that SA whom upon questioning, sheepishly telling us that it was done as a part of quality assurance, while clearly they had used the car for test drives.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks