Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2021, 19:38   #76
BHPian

Re: Chevy Sail UVA - Spares Shortage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
If you have already sourced the tensioner, you may as well fabricate the bracket in a machine shop. Will be done in one day. Worth the few hundred extra bucks.
Absolutely, that idea came to me sometime back but I was not very sure how to go about it in Bangalore, nevertheless thanks for sharing
I have sourced the tensioner,

Maybe fabricating the bracket will be the last approach if the BEAT's bracket doesn't fit
Old 3rd December 2021, 23:37   #77
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet owners, how is the spare parts availability & service since GM left India?

Update: Beat Tensioner bracket fits well with the Sail UVA, I have got the bracket and tensioner replaced at Trident Chevrolet Bangalore.

Thanks for all the advice and support here _/\_

On a related note, there is a rumour that Trident Chevrolet Service Station may close soon

Now I'm thinking if I should replace this car with a new car, I had a good experience so far with the car except finding the tensioner was a bit of trouble.

Also recently realised that car's fuel gauge isn't working correctly, it runs on low fuel ( never on zero fuel) twice, could this be a cause of the faulty fuel gauge - more of it on a new thread!
Arayan5614 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 16:33   #78
BHPian

Re: Chevy Sail UVA - Spares Shortage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arayan5614 View Post
is there someone here who faced a similar problem and if you could pls suggest a way forward from here pls _/\_
Your best bet would be a local scrap yard. The Sail UVA was not the most popular car, nevertheless it's worth a try. A lot of my Ambassador & Jeep pals source a lot of spare parts that way!
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 12:06   #79
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet owners, how is the spare parts availability & service since GM left India?

Chevrolets sends another service campaign to the owners, dates 15th-19th, Dec 21 ! Check it out!

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  90.2 KB

Chevrolet continues to serve its customers by providing great service, exceptional care and peace of mind.

For all our customers, we are organising the Chevrolet Service Camp soon. You can avail many benefits during the camp.

You may also call us at our helpline number 1800 208 8080, write in to us at gmi.cac@gm.com or visit our website at www.chevrolet.co.in.

Stay Tuned!
Register below and stay updated about the Chevrolet Service Camp.
https://www.pages02.net/marketing-gm...I2MDg1NjQyMQS2
jeganatu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 16:12   #80
Senior - BHPian

Looks like bad news! Chevy ASCs are shutting shop one after the other.

One already wound up, two more in line to shut down by end of this month.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 23:09   #81

First of all, didn't know there were any threads for Chevy UVA/Sail owners, but was surprised to see this been active till recently!! Thanks all for keeping the thread alive

I recently bought a Chevy UVA 2009 model as a beater car (yeah bought a Chevrolet in 2022 !!).

Hope this car could do some day-day round-trips to grocery shops and also help my wife learn driving!
Old 22nd January 2022, 16:10   #82
BHPian

Nice to see this thread getting some traction and Chevy UVA owners participating too!

A couple of pointers and updates:

1. Sad news first, Chevy Trident ASC is shut now
2. Good news, from my experience all of the parts of Chevy, is available and it gets delivered in 10 days with the help of a local mechanic / another garage you can get the service done.
3. Getting a scheduled service for your chevy car is way easier and the most recommended way is to get it done in front of your eyes - In fact, I shared my experience to make others aware here (Disappointing service experience with Automovill | Finally got my car serviced by a local mechanic)

Now on another note, I'm looking for car scrap dealers/bodywork garage contact details in Bangalore to source side mirror cap, teambhpian in Bangalore pls guide here

Chevrolet owners, how is the spare parts availability & service since GM left India?-sidemirror-intact-.jpeg

Chevrolet owners, how is the spare parts availability & service since GM left India?-side-mirror-cap-missing.jpeg
Arayan5614 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 10:27   #83
Senior - BHPian

Upcoming Chevy Service Camp: 23rd to 27th March 2022.

Link
Old 6th May 2022, 17:17   #84
Senior - BHPian

Two new ASC added in Bangalore - Panathur and Hebbal areas.
Old 8th May 2022, 01:40   #85
BHPian

Most of the parts that is becoming rare please try to get these from www.boodmo.com Boodmo has been a saviour for me.
Old 8th May 2022, 05:44   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arayan5614 View Post
Nice to see this thread getting some traction and Chevy UVA owners participating too!

Now on another note, I'm looking for car scrap dealers/bodywork garage contact details in Bangalore to source side mirror cap, teambhpian in Bangalore pls guide here
The best place for finding parts is Shivaji Nagar, where do you stay in Bangalore?
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 13:58   #87
Team-BHP Support

Hitting my second issue with spare parts.

I had to use boodmo for a seat belt and now for a power window regulator.

In both cases Chevy gave up and said sorry.
The seat belt from boodmo works very well. I hope they send the regulator quickly.

I am seriously considering exchanging this otherwise fantastic car for something else.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 14:58   #88
Senior - BHPian

Upcoming Chevy service camp: 15th - 19th June 2022.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 17:39   #89
BHPian

There is an official Service camp on going between 7-11th september, 2022.
Owners can avail the usual service discounts upto 20%.
jeganatu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 19:34   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
I have a Chevy Cruze 2016 LT. I have clocked more than a lakh of kms. Apart from the mind block that spares might not be available, there's nothing like owning a GM vehicle. It is safe, easy to maintain and in general trouble free if you can spot the niggles early enough. Cruze OE spares are very expensive though but, there's a lot of options available in the online portals. I also have become a part of an Whatsapp group where some of our members participate and the advantage is that I have information on all cruze spares suppliers pan india.
Planning to retain the cruze as long as possible as I cant think of a suitable substitute at this price point. A few years down the line, things might go different but nothing to gripe about as of now except, GM please come back with a new management and marketting team. The old ones suck.
Is that WhatsApp group still ON. If so I badly want to join the group. Could you help me out please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks