Old 27th February 2021, 08:44   #46

Re: Errors & Niggles in my Tata Harrier

That is exactly what I would do too but Adishakti motors is quite busy all the time. It also took them a while to procure all these parts and the repairs happened over a span of 5 days. I was there at the workshop on the last day when they fixed all the bits and smaller components though. The supervisor was a friendly chap and he did his best to address the concerns too.

Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Glad you got the car back, hopefully all fixed. One thing I would have done is to leave whatever work I was doing and seat down with the mechanics at service center and push them for finding root cause instead of some jugaad.
soji is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 18:58   #47

This is paint chipped from my bonnet . Is it due to stone or due to paint issues . Kindly let me know how to solve this ?
Errors & Niggles in my Tata Harrier-4d513656acdc418586431833200b3004.jpeg  

Errors & Niggles in my Tata Harrier-d2e5964e890c4d7588ea29b104274e65.jpeg  

Old 11th April 2021, 10:01   #48

The way it has chipped, it looks like it was caused by stones; especially since it’s at the leading edge of the bonnet.

You can get the touch up paint pen or spray paint from Com-paint for specific cars and colours. I don’t usually recommend them for larger areas but I think they’d do fine on these spots.

Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
This is paint chipped from my bonnet . Is it due to stone or due to paint issues . Kindly let me know how to solve this ?

Last edited by soji : 11th April 2021 at 10:04.
soji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 17:10   #49

Hello all owners of Harrier,

How your Harrier is holding up now?

I am scared of going for Harrier after reading all the horror stories. Are all the vehicles showing some or the other niggles listed in this forum? I want to understand what percentage of vehicles go back and forth to the service centers frequently.

Is Safari also same wrt to niggles? Do we have a similar thread for Safari as well?
Old 15th April 2021, 19:22   #50

Originally Posted by biju_kp View Post
Are all the vehicles showing some or the other niggles listed in this forum? I want to understand what percentage of vehicles go back and forth to the service centers frequently.
Flowing are my suggestions as a teambhp member and a harrier owner

1. There is no survey exists for the answer you are seeking . If you have some good contacts in Tata CRM , no idea if they will share such a data

2. Next option is there should be some third party survey to be carried on

3. Don’t put your money with this much negative feeling , for anything goes bad you will repent like hell . So Tata harrier / Safari is not for you
4 . Statistically a Innova or Hyundai or Maruti is best for you
greyhound82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 20:11   #51
AZT

Are all the vehicles showing some or the other niggles listed in this forum? I want to understand what percentage of vehicles go back and forth to the service centers frequently.
A lot of these are Gen 1 Harriers. I think the facelift had most of the Niggles ironed out, Safari being based on the same platform should perform more or less the same.
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 20:47   #52

How your Harrier is holding up now?

I am scared of going for Harrier after reading all the horror stories. Are all the vehicles showing some or the other niggles listed in this forum?
Like @AZT mentioned, these are likely the initial ones. Do check the official review of the 2020 Harrier, and the feedback from the owners of these vehicles. Needless to say, If you get one today, it would be the current production version.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 21:32   #53

Originally Posted by AZT View Post
A lot of these are Gen 1 Harriers. I think the facelift had most of the Niggles ironed out, Safari being based on the same platform should perform more or less the same.
Like @AZT mentioned, these are likely the initial ones. Do check the official review of the 2020 Harrier, and the feedback from the owners of these vehicles. Needless to say, If you get one today, it would be the current production version.
Well I guess I should have posted it here but there are problems reported for new vehicles as well and that's why I recommend extended warranty. I have attached some screenshots in this post. One of them seems to be 2019 vehicle though.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5044987 (2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review)
Old 16th April 2021, 21:39   #54

Originally Posted by Technic90 View Post
...there are problems reported for new vehicles as well and that's why I recommend extended warranty.
Of course ! I always take extended warranty for my cars. Harrier would not be an exception.

Just logic. Despite the brands, a component or part can fail in any car. The possibilities are there. The EW gives one that little more peace of mind.
Old 6th October 2021, 17:18   #55

Originally Posted by amandeepkamboj View Post
I own a 2020 BS6 XMA.

Problem 1

Car moving left, one can say that car always tries to move left.
Visit 1
3 days after the delivery, I went to the Hartron service centre Gurgaon.
They checked wheel alignment and it was found to be ok. Then they swapped the front wheels and asked me to take the vehicle and check for a few days.
Problem was not resolved. I planned to raise the problem again during the first service.
I own a Safari XZA+, April 2021. The left pulling problem has been present in my car since Day 1 and I thought it was due to low tyre pressure in front left tyre. I dismissed this problem till now.

Today I took my car for the second free service and mentioned about this problem to the SA. He said that it is a common problem in most Harriers/Safaris.
Even after a Wheel balancing the problem still persists.

Can you share your experience and whether your problem was resolved?
Old 6th October 2021, 17:42   #56

Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post

Can you share your experience and whether your problem was resolved?
No, the problem still persists. I work for an automotive company and I have links in Tata. I asked one of my friend in Tata Service department about the problem. Even Tata is not being able to solve the problem completely. Only recommended solution is steering calibration. That will solve 70% of the problem.
Old 29th December 2021, 17:43   #57

The vehicle was pretty much niggle free since the previous service but I noticed that the NVH had increased over the period due to the insulation being nibbled away by the rats.

I enquired with the nearest Tata service if they could install a rat mesh or have the insulation replaced/repaired but they did not have any such offerings.

I decided to add sound damping sheets to seal all the damaged areas and block all rat entry points.

To my surprise, there is a rather large entrance from the wheel well into the ECU/Harness bay and this is where these rodents have been entering my vehicle from. I still can't fathom why these aren't sealed away by the manufacturer.

During the previous repairs they had not added any sleeves nor insulation to the wiring and I noticed a few cut wires (No warnings or obvious malfunction component yet).

If you have rodents where you park your car, please ensure you get these entrances sealed to avoid any major repairs ( I have already replaced the wiring and high pressure clutch cable once).

Errors & Niggles in my Tata Harrier-img1236.jpeg

Errors & Niggles in my Tata Harrier-34573163299445b8b793026301c54edd.jpeg
Old 26th June 2023, 13:19   #58

Originally Posted by soji View Post
also was causing a rattle. That was replaced under warranty too.
Hi Soji, Sorry for bumping up an old thread. I have a 3 weeks old Harrier and have a rattle on the driver side door when the car goes over bad roads. I am not sure where the noise is from, Can you help identify how did you/they figure it was the switch that caused the rattle? Mine is a XZA+.

Hope you are having a better experience with your vehicle after the fixes.
Old 2nd July 2023, 00:39   #59

I just knocked the door at a few places and there was this button on the window control panel which rattled and that's how I identified that was the issue. The button was a bit loose in place, and was replaced under warranty.

Originally Posted by dass View Post
Hi Soji, Sorry for bumping up an old thread. I have a 3 weeks old Harrier and have a rattle on the driver side door when the car goes over bad roads. I am not sure where the noise is from, Can you help identify how did you/they figure it was the switch that caused the rattle? Mine is a XZA+.

Hope you are having a better experience with your vehicle after the fixes.
soji is offline   (1) Thanks