Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2020, 16:40   #16
BHPian

Re: Errors & Niggles in my Tata Harrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandeepkamboj View Post
I own a 2020 BS6 XMA.

Problem 1

Car moving left, one can say that car always tries to move left.
This is so disheartening. Problems and issues like these are regularly reported from all over. Even for this BS6 version. Been reading all over various forums and Youtube.

I had the Tata Hexa XTA for two years. Even that had lots of niggling issues and once left me stranded in the middle of the road. I had hoped Tata had improved their quality on their newer products.

I so want to go ahead blindly and purchase the Harrier with a " Let's solve the problems as they arrive" attitude. But it's a big investment and I'll be travelling A LOT on the highways with the family.

Really getting disillusioned now.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 25th December 2020 at 10:57. Reason: Trimming quoted post
Puffdamgcdragon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 17:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
I own a 2020 BS6 XMA.

Problem 1

Car moving left, one can say that car always tries to move left.
Visit 1
3 days after the delivery, I went to the Hartron service centre Gurgaon.
They checked wheel alignment and it was found to be ok. Then they swapped the front wheels and asked me to take the vehicle and check for a few days.
Problem was not resolved. I planned to raise the problem again during the first service.

Visit 2
On first service (@ 1200 km), I raised the concern again but the person who looks after the wheel alignment was not present.
Hi - This is disturbing for TATA customers but again it looks like this problem is with a same A.S.S in your area. Please try a different A.S.S and they might solve the issue in 1st visit itself. However for wheel alignment i do not trust any A.S.S and do it in a tyre showroom or dealer they are any time better than the any A.S.S...

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 25th December 2020 at 10:58. Reason: Trimming long quoted post
SulemanP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 19:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Whining sound from the wheel area most of the times turns out to be some debris stuck between the brake rotor and brake pad.
+1 to that. I was recently doing a drive from Kurnool to Hyd and heard that sound in my XUV. It literally irked me to an extent where I stopped my car to inspect at least 4 to 5 times on the highway. Guess what? It turned out to be a semi dry cow dung piece that was stuck inside the alloys. It would just keep popping out when I drive over 70 Kmph and then stay inside at lower speeds. I removed it and drove again and voila, the noise was gone!
Raghu M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 21:00   #19
BHPian

I have been seeking clarity on this from the service advisor for a while now but he himself lacks clarity.

I checked the maintenance schedule and it does indicate that an oil change is required at "15K / 12M or Whenever oil quality lamp glows - whichever occurs earlier".

Errors & Niggles in my Tata Harrier-screenshot-20201222-8.51.41-pm.png

From what I understand, the warning is supposed to indicate that the vehicle is due for an oil change but it indicates "Low oil pressure" instead, which was cleared using the scanner upon inspection and has never returned. Also the service advisor insists I replace oil only during my upcoming service in March since the vehicle underwent a general checkup a month back. Something really fishy around this to be honest, which is why I would be dropping the vehicle at the ASC in Bangalore soon to have the oil changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
This response is ridiculous from the service center. What if the person uses the car for 20K kms in a year, is he still expected to come to service only in March,the next year? Or is the user expected to visit the ASC every 15K/March, just to clear out the false positive error code?
soji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 21:35   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soji View Post
1. The vehicle was being driven in city traffic and that's when the "Malfunction detected/Drive malfunction" warning started flashing in the console. And about 30 mins later the vehicle stopped in the middle of the road and refused to start.
Such incidences permanently dent confidence of the owner on the car. when you want to take vehicle to the remote secluded places, where you don't have network to call help, absolute reliability of the vehicle is must.

When I was returning from Nubra, I took wrong road to Leh that goes through Wari-La pass. Entire five hours journey, we did not see a single vehicle on the road. What if my vehicle stops in between and refuse to start? No network to call help. That is why absolute trust on the vehicle is must.

It is sad that Tata could not properly integrate ready made, trust worthy engine in the Harrier to make it niggle free car. It is surprising that same engine works fine in Jeep Compass.

Last edited by IP_Man : 22nd December 2020 at 21:47.
IP_Man is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 21:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Such a lovely car; probably Tata's best looking till date, all let down by shoddy and lackadaisical service. I've a feeling it all starts with production itself where quality checks are brushed under the carpet and what comes out is a car with a lot of rough edges and error prone. What's a 5* Global NCAP rating when the car can just leave you high and dry half way in your journey. Hope your problems are resolved at the earliest, Soji.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 22nd December 2020 at 21:45.
Durango Dude is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 21:46   #22
BHPian

Precisely. It has been giving me nightmares; As I mentioned it isn't me who is using this vehicle at the moment but my parents which makes things even more worrisome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP_Man View Post
Such incidences permanently dent confidence of the owner on the car. when you want to take vehicle to the remote secluded places, where you don't have network to call help, absolute reliability of the vehicle is must.

When I was returning from Nubra, I took wrong road to Leh that goes through Wari-La pass. Entire five hours journey, we did not see a single vehicle on the road. What if my vehicle stop in between and refused to start? No network to call help. That is why absolute trust on the vehicle is must.

It is sad that Tata could not integrate ready made, trust worthy engine in the Harrier to make it niggle free car. It is surprise that same engine works fine in Jeep Compass.
Absolutely. Though minor, there has been quite many issues which they could have avoided if they did a basic QA/QC check at production level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Such a lovely car; probably Tata's best looking till date, all let down by shoddy and lackadaisical service. I've a feeling it all starts with production itself where quality checks are brushed under the carpet and what comes out is a car with a lot of rough edges and error prone.
soji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 06:45   #23
BHPian

I own a BS6 2020 Harrier XZA+ . Following are my share of niggles

1. Infotainment system and speedometer console goes off all of a sudden . This happens atleast 5 -6 times since the purchase .

2. Ignition Key will not respond always . Happened multiple times in fuel stations

3. Pulling to Left : complained about this multiple times , multiple wheel alignments and still persists slightly . But decided to live with this

4. Noise coming from break pads during bumper to bumper traffic

After sales experience :

So far neutral . Service manager told me that with more and more sensors and electronic, they were left with the mercy of Tata factory guys by reporting the error codes.

During my service they soiled my interiors ( grease on inside roof and seats ) . Went to 3M for a thorough cleaning . The way they clean the car is heartbreaking ( uses the soiled cloth (not even a microfiber, an orange cloth you get it on traffic signals) inside out )

Last edited by greyhound82 : 23rd December 2020 at 07:03.
greyhound82 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 08:50   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Another worrisome point:-
Whenever I am posting about such problems on Facebook or giving feedback to a prospective buyer (which in most of the cases is negative) some people are trolling me and others with similar opinions. These people are being called anitnationals, not a true Indian and similar things. I smell some PR agency behind this. I might be wrong but this is what I have observed.
Hey Amandeep,

Just wanted to reply on this point. I am a Tata car owner and I can empathise with you. Honestly sending the car to TASS for anything major or minor is always a worry. I have observed similar behaviour a lot on social media. Honestly it has nothing to do with PR agency. Tata has no PR whatsoever - not even for their new car launches
These are what you call typical fanboys or sometimes not even remotely related to the brand but just timepass guys who enjoy replies and arguments. To maintain your sanity, just ignore.
Anyways I personally feel that if any owner has an issue, he has every right to raise the same till he is satisfied with the resolution.

Anyways coming to the issues you have faced, some general suggestions:
- Get wheel alignment checked from outside from a reputed Tyre store in your city.
They do a much better job than any Service centre guys.

For issues like sensor etc if you are not able to replicate Infront of SA, record a video to show the same. I guess it can be a simple sensor issue which can be easily replaced. Be polite but firm and persist with the issues with the service guys.
swarnava.ch is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 14:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
I so want to go ahead blindly and purchase the Harrier with a " Let's solve the problems as they arrive" attitude. But it's a big investment and I'll be travelling A LOT on the highways with the family.
Really getting disillusioned now.
Pray you recover from Covid soonest, take care!

Please do let your head rule the heart in this, after spending so much and hearing there are so many issues cropping up in brand new vehicles, what’s the point of buying it!

Even though the vehicle looks smashing, why actually buy something which gives you heartache, pain and causes nuisance when there are so many alternatives available in this day and age.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 14:48   #26
BHPian

Doesn't XZA+ come with a keyless fob? Are you having trouble with start/stop?

I'm curious to know if they were able fix these issues on the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
I own a BS6 2020 Harrier XZA+ . Following are my share of niggles

1. Infotainment system and speedometer console goes off all of a sudden . This happens atleast 5 -6 times since the purchase .

2. Ignition Key will not respond always . Happened multiple times in fuel stations

3. Pulling to Left : complained about this multiple times , multiple wheel alignments and still persists slightly . But decided to live with this

4. Noise coming from break pads during bumper to bumper traffic

After sales experience :

So far neutral . Service manager told me that with more and more sensors and electronic, they were left with the mercy of Tata factory guys by reporting the error codes.

During my service they soiled my interiors ( grease on inside roof and seats ) . Went to 3M for a thorough cleaning . The way they clean the car is heartbreaking ( uses the soiled cloth (not even a microfiber, an orange cloth you get it on traffic signals) inside out )
Old 23rd December 2020, 15:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
During my service they soiled my interiors ( grease on inside roof and seats ) .
My BIL faced the same issue, there were black spots on the roof lining at the time of delivery after the first service/check up. He raised the concern to regional manager, as there were also an earlier escalation on the cleanliness of car at the time of delivery, they immediately offered replacement. He subsequently decided against a replacement, as we were not sure about the capabilities of A.S.S to handle a replacement where the panoramic sunroof would also require to be completely removed. I am sure if we would have gone ahead with it, vehicle would have came back with some fresh issue altogether.
BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 16:42   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soji View Post
Doesn't XZA+ come with a keyless fob? Are you having trouble with start/stop?

I'm curious to know if they were able fix these issues on the vehicle.
yup keyless fob. I am having trouble with start/stop , it happens randomly. I updated this issue last time but I can't replicate it at the service station .
greyhound82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 23:20   #29
BHPian

It looks like a nice car, but this thread makes me feel like Tata's the car world equivalent of Royal Enfield. I feel for you guys, it's ridiculous to be doing the rounds of service centres and mechanics after buying a brand spanking new car.
karanddd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 02:01   #30
BHPian

My BIL's brand new Harrier 2.0 (XT+, Oct 20) lost power after clocking merely 1000 KMs. This happened after driving thru a bad stretch which was dug up, almost a KM. First car started loosing power, then the F light came up on the MID. He drove the car back home after restarting it and spoke to TATA SC. He was told to get the car to SC next day which is 1 KM away from his home.

Car was perfectly fine when we took it to the SC (Sagar Motors, G.Noida). The SA told us to get the car back when the issue arises again. Had to persuade the SA to at least get the car scanned for error codes, if any! We were told that their only diagnostic tool is faulty and has been sent for repairs, we were advised to visit another TATA SC nearby. My BIL decided to listen to the SA and we came back home.

Car has clocked 2,000 KMs since then, no issues whatsoever.

Errors & Niggles in my Tata Harrier-img_20201220_223025_hdr.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks