Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2020, 14:45   #16
BHPian

Re: Repainting my Skoda Rapid's panel after a vandal scratched it

Sorry Guys, was busy with the festivities around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimuraKenshin View Post
However would like to point out that ideally you should have waited ate last 30 days after painting to apply any sealant, .
Hi Himura, I asked the painter and he assured me that it is okay to get the painted surface coated. However, I agree with your point from a technical aspect. I should have waited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangarx View Post
How were the dust levels and orange peel?

From the pictures, it is a fantastic job. Good you did!
Its been just a month, hence cannot comment on orange peel as such. There is absolutely no dust marks or pin holes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
Unfortunately NCR is not a good place to love your cars as you are bound to be heartbroken every now and then. Have been a victim of quite a few severe instances of vandalism.
Hi Maverick, I agree. Though I am 100 percent satisfied, I now feel that I should have let it as it was. Whatever I did is past tense now. Will try to control my OSD from next time onwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
I had an issue with a vandal in my apartment, so please ensure you install a camera. They might strike again.
My apartment cameras are under the control of my Landlord and I am sure he saw whosoever has done it. But keeping it under wraps not to escalate things further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Neat paint job! Did they paint the entire panel or only the affected area? And, was it a heat chamber affair?
I believe it would have cost you much more in the Skoda body shop.
The painting was done only on the affected area. However, he did spay clear coat to the entire panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
Infact I recently got our honda City completely painted by him. Posted the pics on this link : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi...ml#post4929898 (Paint & Mechanical Work - Heera Motors (Sukhrali, Gurgaon))
Hi Akhilesh, Yes! I did see your post in here as well before deciding onto Heera motors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utham123 View Post
About, resale value of Skoda, I feel you brother! I am a fellow Skoda Rapid owner.
True that Utham.
Tuisha110HP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 00:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuisha110HP View Post
My heart just sank then and there.

But hey! Do you care about resale value when you own a SKODA?

Dent to the pocket: INR 2500
Man! I can feel your pain. But the repainting looks fabulous.
Resale may go down, but hey! The peace of mind the workmanship may have compensated that issue.
And 2500 sounds too good to be true.

I’m in such a sticky spot.
Two different incidents:
My friend while trying to remove a heavy suitcase ended up scratching the bumper.

Repainting my Skoda Rapid's panel after a vandal scratched it-78d5076d462b4cf49a78ff5f9dc50d9f.jpeg

Repainting my Skoda Rapid's panel after a vandal scratched it-e6dba4228eaa4587902402a53b5bad1a.jpeg

The other, which just happened near a traffic signal
It was totally my fault, I misjudged the clearance to the car in front. Luckily the guy in the Amaze had a bumper protector & he had not a single scratch. But mine looks like this

Repainting my Skoda Rapid's panel after a vandal scratched it-9893165230aa4e4ba56214b486f95e04.jpeg

Repainting my Skoda Rapid's panel after a vandal scratched it-a3ffd4678464445ab3722e6f624be56a.jpeg

Any suggestions on how I can get these fixed?

Thank you,
Neo
Old 17th September 2021, 22:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_narender View Post
Man! I can feel your pain. But the repainting looks fabulous.
Resale may go down, but hey! The peace of mind the workmanship may have compensated that issue.
And 2500 sounds too good to be true.

I’m in such a sticky spot.
Two different incidents:
My friend while trying to remove a heavy suitcase ended up scratching the bumper.
Any suggestions on how I can get these fixed?

Thank you,
Neo
Quite late in responding but..
If you have time, patience and a bit of skill you could try what fellow bhpian did.. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ml#post5141406 (DIY: Fixing & painting a deep scratch)
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 22:38   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Quite late in responding but..
If you have time, patience and a bit of skill you could try what fellow bhpian did.. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ml#post5141406 (DIY: Fixing & painting a deep scratch)
I got them repainted one week after the incident itself, from a FNG. But he did not apply a clear coat, so it's kind of matt & grainy.
So much time has passed, I have another bruise on my car too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utham123 View Post
I recently scuffed rear end of my new Skoda Rapid in my apartment parking. Frankly, I was embarrassed and devastated as it was just a day old when it happened. So much for my 10 years of driving experience. I could not even navigate through my own parking lot!
The same thing happened to me as well. 20 years of driving experience, couldn’t judge the extremities of the pillar next to me while avoiding a bike parked in the way while removing from the parking. Ah! the embarrassment.

Repainting my Skoda Rapid's panel after a vandal scratched it-fee7d2afa4b648ae904b227b4888e752.png

Repainting my Skoda Rapid's panel after a vandal scratched it-e3c058dd402b46fea5e6e5bdc234678a.png

Neo

Last edited by neo_narender : 18th September 2021 at 22:53. Reason: Added a few more details

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks