Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2020, 00:20   #16
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo: 1.5L TDCi engine gone kaput in merely 52000 km

Going by your experience, I feel the dealer is incompetent to notice potential issues and alert you. Sedans with sheet metal oil pan (especially the 1.4 and 1.5 Ford diesels) have this issue of under belly hit or scrape which will bend the oil pan and block the oil suction pipe resulting in oil starvation and catastrophic failure. The other issue is, there is a small "o" ring on the oil filter which needs to be positioned right while installing oil filter, if not some oil will keep circulating within the filter and pump and not reach the gallery enough for lubrication and cause similar failure.
I have had both failures in my vehicle, the filter mis-fit it costed my a Turbo and the sump hit costed me a half engine.
For the AC, I have a 2012 Figo and my relatives have the new one and an Ecosport, all of them fail evaporator or the cooling coil (as they call) every 2 to 2.5 years on average. At least I have seen this trend in the three vehicles in my close circle.
Living2Drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 01:01   #17
BHPian

Hello Zing,

Your thread caught my attention as I am driving a similar vintage sample of Figo (2017 January make) and have done around 43k kms.

I faced the similar knocking sound issue last year post a long highway trip (Del - Lucknow - Del ) covering close to 1400 kms in two days.

I drove the car for a month with the knocking sound persistently on and only visited the SC when suddenly the engine check light came on. Post test drive with their test driver, the issue was confirmed and they kept the vehicle for diagnosis. ( I availed extended warranty and was at peace knowing that any issue like this will be covered )

The problem was zeroed on to one of the faulty fuel injectors (which might have gone bad due to fuel-up from unknown bunks during the Lucknow drive). Also, the injector was stuck and couldn't be removed. It was sent to Lathe for removal and the entire set has to be replaced ( turned out to be good since the entire set got replaced). Ford guys concluded the reason to be bad fuel and the entire work was done under warranty.

I strongly believe that there could be a possibility of similar trouble with your vehicle as well.

Keep us posted on the diagnosis done by Ford.

Thanks!
Gran_Tourer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 12:50   #18

Update 1
The car is still at the dealership. They are trying to diagnose the problem under supervision of Ford India team.
Let me clarify again that the car is still under extended warranty. I will update as things progress. My hearty thanks to you all for vital suggestions.
zing007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 15:50   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post
Two more BHPians espraveen & chiranjitp mentioned about excess engine oil consumption between each service.
In my case there's no excess engine oil consumption, at least not yet. But there's a bit of engine oil consumption, which has been there since the beginning. The oil consumption level hasn't increased as well. Ford TDCi does tend to consume a bit of oil, even when new. I have been regularly monitoring the oil consumption in my car since there are few who have had excess oil consumption issue with their 1.5 TDCi engines. So far nothing out of the ordinary in my car, but then again we have only done 72k km. Will be interesting to see how it holds up past the 100k km mark.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 30th September 2020 at 15:54.
chiranjitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 13:55   #20

Update 2
First of all apologies for posting it so late.

My car has been repaired by Ford India and a service engine has been provided. They replaced the engine, Ford India covered everything under warranty. Since December 2020 the car is running fine.
zing007 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks