Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2020, 13:35   #16
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Congratulations greyhound82 on your Stunning Harrier.

Sad to hear about the niggle , I seriously hope this will be the first & last issue on your harrier and I wish you a million miles on this beauty!
kamilharis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 17:50   #17
BHPian

Tata harrier leakage issue update :

The service team called us and told that they have to change drain pipe and it has to come from Chennai .

Water leakage & electrical issues in my brand new 2020 Tata Harrier. EDIT: Solved (page 6)-443e37ccd1334576a171e01b846f3f44.jpeg

It takes a minimum of 5 days :( and maximum of only God knows
Initial enthusiasm is slowly draining as we have to cancel weekend trips with friends and family. We have to take a trip to Kerala for my brother in laws marriage. Hope I will get this before the same
So the wait begins and this is what I feared most and to mitigate it I took a detailed PDI before transferring money.
greyhound82 is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 19:39   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Tata harrier leakage issue update :

The service team called us and told that they have to change drain pipe and it has to come from Chennai .
It takes a minimum of 5 days :( and maximum of only God knows
Man, I'm a fan of the Harrier, but this is painful to read. I agree with other suggestions in this thread. You should raise hell with Tata on this. Slam them on social media, speak to higher-ups, hell tag Pratap Bose on Twitter if that helps.
Make the higher ups see this so they can expedite this part for you.

This is absolutely unacceptable in a car that is a couple of days old. You should definitely escalate and not let them off easy.
Shreyas_H is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 06:23   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
You should raise hell with Tata on this. Slam them on social media, speak to higher-ups, hell tag Pratap Bose on Twitter if that helps.
Make the higher ups see this so they can expedite this part for you.
Posted a tweet and tagged Tata motors , Pratap Bose and Ratan Tata. Complained in Tata customer care . The number of the customer relation manager for MP is not in service . No idea whom to contact.

We trusted a home grown brand(all our near and dear were against buying Tata), spend a fortune on their flagship .The results are cancelled birthday plans , changed wedding plans and emotional stress . For us this was a major emotional buy too .

Last edited by greyhound82 : 15th September 2020 at 06:44.
greyhound82 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 06:40   #20
BHPian

What’s your Twitter handle? We will all retweet this.
Garth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 06:42   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Posted a tweet and tagged Tata motors , Pratap Bose and Ratan Tata. Complained in Tata customer care . The number for customer relation manager for MP is not in service . No idea whom to contact.

We trusted a home grown brand(all our near and dear were against buying Tata), spend a fortune on their flagship .The result is cancelled birthday plans , changed wedding plans and emotional stress . For us this was a major emotional buy too .
This is extremely disappointing. One way to get a resolution from the Tata Group is to write a nice email explaining your situation in detail, including the emotional stress. Then mark that email to 2-3 Tata Group MDs and CEOs, and Tata Sons chairman ID. Very simple to find out, I am not mentioning here because I am not sure of forum rules. Then keep pestering them.

Trust me this works wonders. The only way anyone listens in India is to raise hell.
andafunda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 07:36   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Water seepage in co-driver footwell . Almost covered 100kms and called service guys and they told its due to AC drain pipe sealing issue
Attachment 2054858
Greyhound, congrats on the Harrier! I hope this niggle is sorted soon and it proves more trouble-free in the long run.

Tata really needs to get its quality control in order. I had 2 niggles with the 2020 Harrier in 2 days (details in our review), and ditto with the Altroz (details in our review).
GTO is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 07:42   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
What’s your Twitter handle? We will all retweet this.
Twitter handle - TNithinv. Just created for this as am a social media-shy person with no Facebook, Twitter, or Instagrams

Quote:
Originally Posted by andafunda View Post
Then mark that email to 2-3 Tata Group MDs and CEOs, and Tata Sons chairman ID. Very simple to find out, I am not mentioning here because I am not sure of forum rules. Then keep pestering them.
Thanks will try. Researched for half an hour and got only the email id of Guenter Butschek
greyhound82 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 08:44   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks will try. Researched for half an hour and got only the email id of Guenter Butschek
The Chairman email ID is just Chairman and then followed by the tata domain. You may also want to google "srtt tata trusts email" - there is an IISC website with the email ID for tata trusts.

Start with these two, CC the Tata Motors CEO and customer care in your emails to them.
andafunda is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 09:46   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Twitter handle - TNithinv. Just created for this as am a social media-shy person with no Facebook, Twitter, or Instagrams
I have retweeted this. Also tagged few car magazines. The idea is not to defame them but to force them to get off their back sides and get into action. This is something that should never ever be repeated.

They seem to have just ruined the new car experience for you and your family. After reading all this, I am getting cold feet on buying the Harrier, which I was planning to later in the year.

Hopefully they set it right for you asap. I urge other BHPians to retweet so that they know that enough people are aware of this and take some action and not brush it under the carpet.
Garth is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 10:26   #26
BHPian

Quote:
I also just tweeted this and got an update from Tata Motors that they've spoken with you. Hopefully your issue should get resolved soon!
andafunda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 10:30   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Again am not expecting something so fundamental like this

Today morning went for a 200km drive to get accustomed with the vehicle and after some 100 kms , water literally started seeping in after soaking carpet and noodle mats . Called the Varenyam Motors GM and he told they will get it corrected the first thing in tomorrow morning and offered pick and drop . He really sounded sorry for the entire ordeal …

Positive side of the story

..is super happy primarily due to ride quality and music system . We were so fresh after the entire journey . The car is awesome to drive with weighted steering , minimum body roll, powerful AC and good seats.
While it's not acceptable to have even niggles in a brand new car, am happy about two things

1. You guys love the car and feel it's a worthy purchase
2. The dealer is empathetic

This is a small niggle (compared to mechanical / engine issues) and am sure it'll be sorted well. But then, you'll always have this at the back of your mind for at least next couple of weeks and will keep checking whether there is a water seepage.

One of the complaints about TATA is also that the dealer / A$$ is usually crap - seems you have a really good dealer to rely on. Keep us posted and keep the relationship warm with the dealer - that goes a long way.

Congrats on the new purchase and wish you miles of smiles.
swiftnfurious is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 10:31   #28
BHPian

Quote:
I also just tweeted this and got an update from Tata Motors that they've spoken with you. Hopefully your issue should get resolved soon!
Got a similar reply on my tweet. Hope they make it up to you for ruining the new car experience.
Garth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 10:44   #29
BHPian

Dear greyhound82,

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. To be honest, I remember one fellow Hexa owner had the same trouble. His case was a clogged AC water exit pipe. But anyways I can understand how you would be feeling and those looks of all the people around "Hmm, Tata Car.... Told You So.......".

Just think of some days ahead when this issue is resolved and you are driving again on an open highway and having a lovely weather, all of these issues will be forgotten.

Keep a positive outlook and wish you many miles of happiness.
swarnava.ch is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 11:06   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
Got a similar reply on my tweet. Hope they make it up to you for ruining the new car experience.
Quote:
TATA motors handle contacted via DM for the details other than that no phone calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
One of the complaints about TATA is also that the dealer / A$$ is usually crap - seems you have a really good dealer to rely on. Keep us posted and keep the relationship warm with the dealer - that goes a long way.
From all the stories about TATA after sales out there, they dealt with us in an exemplary manner. Hope we can atleast stick to wedding plans
greyhound82 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks