Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2020, 18:26   #46

re: Nightmare ownership experience with Kia Seltos GTX+! Fuel pump failure & breakdown. EDIT: Solved

Update 4

I wish this was my last update but sadly it isn't. I received my car back at 7 PM last night. The invoice issue has still not been fixed yet. The manager at Sparsh told me that his team was still working on it and will share the outcome in coming time. I've also learnt that they have been looking at this thread on team-bhp.
The rattling noise from passenger seat has not been fixed either. The manager at Sparsh told me that he can send an engineer to my house to get it looked at. Couldn't ask for a better solution to be honest. This is a great gesture from them. I'll get this checked after the weekend as the seat makes that rattling noise only when there is no one sitting on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Well to be very honest - I'm not yet 100% convinced that the part was replaced at all. I feel there is a small possibility that a simple connection reinforcement of the pump / software flash fixed whatever was the issue & the SA tried to sell the usual dummy of a part replacement to close the matter and to show they did quick work.
This is exactly what I think happened but I'm still giving KIA the benefit of doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Hence pump failure in a new car is very much possible.
Changing the pump is not a small task either, .... the effort required for this would have to be compensated/accounted for by the A.S.S to HQ. ...I too am leaning towards the part not being replaced and this entire exercise being an eyewash.
Which brings me back to the question, what was wrong with the car in the first place? why is A.S.S trying to cover it up?
Pump failure would have been acceptable if there was complete paperwork and transparency from the company. On the first day the SA told me that the car was having some fuel pump connectivity issue and they believed the fuel pump was "fine" but were still going to replace it so that I don't run into car troubles again. If they can't produce an invoice then we all already know what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pashin View Post
Not an experience anyone would have imagined for a car with under 500kms on the odo. The experience with the service center following the break down is even more horrendous.
Can only imagine the Brand bashing on this thread if the car was from an Indian manufacturer
I think this is one of the first few cases of bad service by KIA and that's why people are letting it slide. But if things continue like this and other people face similar experiences then behavior towards KIA will change.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th August 2020 at 21:08. Reason: TBH - SMS lingo expanded
bobbyaxelrod is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 12:42   #47
BHPian

re: Nightmare ownership experience with Kia Seltos GTX+! Fuel pump failure & breakdown. EDIT: Solved

Quote:
Lousy Roadside Assistance
I immediately called KIA roadside assistance using the button on the rear view mirror and explained to them what happened. They told me that they would send someone to tow the car since it was not in a driving condition. They asked me where the car was, even though they could see my exact location by using the car GPS, and promised me that the towing service would reach to me in 60 minutes or less.
Quote:
Faulty Fuel Pump He even said "Sir you don't own a MARUTI, you own a KIA" and that their service is way superior.
Sharing BHPian @SRVM's post of his experience of fuel pump failure and Roadside assistance provided by URS Kar and Tata Motors. And his car was really in remote location.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ml#post4422013 (A quick getaway to Kabini dam, Nagarhole and Nugu reservoir)
Deepsp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 13:51   #48

Hi everyone! This issue has been fully resolved and KIA has issued me a new invoice with fuel pump change mentioned on it. They could not back date the change so instead they printed me a new one. I also got a call from the roadside assistance program telling me how sorry they were for the terrible towing experience and were going to make sure no other customers have to go through that. I guess the RSA read this thread as well. Glad this is all behind me now and I can enjoy my car. Cheers everyone!

Nightmare ownership experience with Kia Seltos GTX+! Fuel pump failure & breakdown. EDIT: Solved-fuel-pump-invoice.jpeg
bobbyaxelrod is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 16:41   #49
BHPian

Although, this might be just one of only a few such horror stories, I really feel bad about you, when I consider that this is a brand new car, and there are so may emotions attached to it.

The way the service centers handled it (although very fast), was not the ideal way. I for sure would not have been able to live up with this attitude (just like you).

KIA for sure has to prove themselves more in terms of A.S.S. before someone like me can actually consider buying their cars (call me old school).
arijit_chat2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 17:18   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyaxelrod View Post
Hi everyone! This issue has been fully resolved and KIA has issued me a new invoice with fuel pump change mentioned on it. They could not back date the change so instead they printed me a new one.
Congratulations. I am happy that you got want you wanted. Sometimes it's not about the particular thing, but its about what's wrong and what's right, and you have to fight for it.
Please keep the past behind and enjoy your car with many miles to it.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 11:36   #51

Re: Nightmare ownership experience with Kia Seltos GTX+! Fuel pump failure & breakdown. EDIT: Solved

I'll be very honest. I was furious with TeamBHP for rejecting my membership application twice. Only after 5 years of lurking around here I am now able to share my thoughts.

This whole episode showed me that TeamBHP is an authority in the Indian car scene and means a lot to both petrol heads and to manufacturers alike. You guys are analog players in a digital world.
It's taken seriously. And that's ultimately because of the strict moderation. And I don't think @bobbyaxelrod would have gotten the support he needed without this forum.
You guys are awesome! Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks