Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2020, 11:25   #1
BHPian

DSG Remap: Which one?

Hi,

I have been running a Stage 1 ECU remap in my car for more than a year now, and the itch for more power has started. I am evaluating various exhaust and downpipe options, and will upgrade to the Stage 2 ECU remap. While reading up, I came across a lot of references to DSG remaps, an area I knew about but hadn't paid much attention to.

I have the following options (that I know of) available to me in Mumbai: TVS, Superchips, and Quantum Tuning. There are different stages and different features offered by each. I started this thread because I couldn't find any good comparos on the forum for DSG remaps. If you have a DSG equipped car and are running a TCU remap, I would love to hear about your experience.

Also, if someone can give me a detailed technical explanation of what exactly a TCU remap offers over the stock map, it would clear a lot of my doubts.

Thanks in advance.
TheLizardKing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 14:12   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: DSG Remap: Which one?

You might want to add Code6 to the list too - have heard positive things about their DSG remap. If I were in your shoes, I'd consider them, Quantum & TVS. I have the Quantum remap on my 530d and it is brilliant.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 15:06   #3
BHPian

Any update on this? Also, how's your car after getting Stage 1 ECU map? Any effect on the gearbox? Technically, more torque = more clutchwear right?
Old 31st July 2020, 15:19   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I have the ECU Stage 2 remap and DSG remap from TuneOTronix, the DSG map they have tuned is the based on the one that was realeased on the european cars. The gear shifts are much slicker, the point that gearbox can handle upto 250NM torque and i am still below that, does not give me too much anxiety.

If you want to go Stage 2, then better to get the DSG map too along with downpipe.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks