Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2020, 14:50   #1

Need help with radiator hose's metal fitting (not hose clamp)

I'm trying to replace the lower radiator hose on a 2004 santro xing. On the engine side I am seeing a metal fitting not a regular hose clamp. (See pic attached.)
I have googled and looked at youtube videos and in all cases the hose has a pressure clamp but on this car it is a metal fitting with no obvious way to release it.

Just so that you know I am not talking of the regular screw or pressure hose clamp I am attaching a picture of them too.
I'm wondering if it requires a special tool to remove/fit it. It seems it may require fitting at some pressure -just guessing. I have no idea how this works.

TIA
Attached Images

Old 11th January 2020, 17:16   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Need help with radiator hose's metal fitting (not hose clamp)

Sorry the image just lacks sufficient detail to make out. You can just saw or hack through it if there is no obvious way of releasing it. If you lack the tools to release it, unlikely you will be able to re-install it. So just get it off and put a new regular hose clamp on it. Any regular hose clamp should do as cooling liquid pressure is low.

The other day I tried to get some very rusty regular hose clamps of some fuel lines on my classic Mercedes. Would not budge, so I just cut through them with a little Dremel saw. Same principle
Good luck
Jeroen
Jeroen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 09:57   #3

Re: Need help with radiator hose's metal fitting (not hose clamp)

@Jereon -Wil do as you say if I can't get any other info.

Has anyone dealt with this? I just want to cross check with someone possibly on a xing before cutting it as jereon suggests.

I'm all the more curious because if its meant to be removed then it would be some sort of clamp instead of what looks like a pressure fitted metal band

TIA

Last edited by khan_sultan : 15th January 2020 at 09:59. Reason: line spacing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks