Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2020, 11:49   #31
SR7
BHPian

Re: Have you ever forgotten to switch your car off?

Well, it has happened to me once with the Honda City. In 2015, I had gone to watch the latest X-men movie at Sathyam Cinemas with my cousins. Parked the car and went to the cinema hall. Later, when we returned to the car park after the movie I was unable to find the car remote key, but the car was turned off and locked. We searched all the way from the parking lot to the cinema hall and asked the maintenance personnel to help out but they also couldn't find it - they advised me to try at the theatre Time office. I told the manager in-charge there that I had lost my key. He asked if it was a white Honda City - with an amused face he told me that I didn't lose it - turns out I had simply left the car running with the key in the ignition, probably since I didn't want to miss the start of the movie - it was pretty embarrassing . The parking lot attendants had found it, turned the vehicle off, locked it and hahded over the key to the Time office. I had never done this before. Now the Elantra chimes when I get out of the vehicle with the keyfob without turning the engine off (well the 2.0 VTVT is super silent in my defense)

Last edited by SR7 : 28th January 2020 at 12:14.
Old 29th January 2020, 00:30   #32
BHPian

Re: Have you ever forgotten to switch your car off?

I have done this!!!!

So, my usual ride is a diesel car - Fore Ecosport and can hear the diesel clatter.
However, my FIL bought a Petrol Hyundai Creta, which I was supposed to drive down from Lucknow to Silvasa.

During the journey, twice I forgot to switch of the car when we took loo breaks. I would just open the door, walk away and come back after freshen up to only realize the car was still running!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks