Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2019, 07:12   #16
BHPian

Re: Brand new Maruti-Suzuki Ertiga : Brake failure after just 260 km

Hi,

Can you drain all the brake fluid and replace it? High symptoms that you have water in the brake circuit.
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 10:21   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post

KB100 is pushing for a complete check with MC and Booster replacement but they finally seem to conclude that it is the MC alone that is at fault, he would not rest until the issue is resolved 100% because other than inconveniences this is a matter of principle and personal safety.

Thanks and Regards,
A.P. & KB100.
As far as I know they replace the whole brake booster assembly MC included when car is in warranty.
swapk53 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 10:54   #18
BHPian

Does the issue happen only after just starting and starting to move the car? Is it a petrol Ertiga? This issue with the earlier model petrol Ertiga as well as Swift has been discussed earlier. I myself have faced this problem some times with my first generation Ertiga. When just starting the car, if we apply the brake, the brake pedal would not press and brakes would not apply. It would resolve by itself after running the car for some time. The technical issue seems to be that the alternator cannot generate enough vacuum as the engine RPM is too low. And this happened with only the petrol Ertiga. This is explained in the following link:
https://www.zigwheels.com/forum/post...es-in-your-car
SachinVD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 14:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

I saw a brand new Ertiga with garlands and no number plates stuck in the middle of the road near our office in Electronic City. Right front tyre was pointing straight, but the left was turned maximum to the left. Poor driver has come out of the car waiting for assistance . It was peak time in the evening and there was a traffic jam building up, hence I had to keep moving without offering help.
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 03:45   #20
BANNED

Hey guys, sorry for the delay, a lot has happened and not all of what happened was ideal.

Anyhow here goes;

Flashback: 2009

I hand over my brand new MS Zen Estilo LXi to Sarathy MASS for her first service, at the time I was a self taught driver and this was literally my first car ever, on picking her up I noticed that there was a huge ding on the passenger side rear door, when asked about this the people at MS apologized for the same and me literally being a kid at the time thought there was nothing else to be done and drove her home, after which I'd never bothered to visit the place for the so called General Servicing.

Currently: 2019

After Sarathy had collected the Car from KB100 he'd informed of the same and I shared my experience with him and urged him to go there the next day and inspect the car due to my prior experience with them, he goes there and see's that the front bumper has been scratched and the driver side door panel has been scratched as well even in spite of being on the inside.

After arguing with the shop floor manager they agreed to polish the bumper to reduce so that the scratch would be less noticeable and replace the door panel.

Brand new Maruti-Suzuki Ertiga : Brake failure after just 260 km-ertigabumper.jpg

Brand new Maruti-Suzuki Ertiga : Brake failure after just 260 km-inside.jpg

All was well until KB100 walked around the car and noticed that the passenger side rear door was caved in, he raised this and the shop floor manager tried to pin it on him saying that the damage was there beforehand, when KB100 asked them to verify the same by having a look at their CCTV footage and pictures taken at the time of collecting the car, they denied access claiming that the CCTV footage wasn't available and that the photos taken were of less clarity.

Something felt amiss and KB100 demanded that the issue be escalated, so they finally agreed to fix the door as well and asked for some time.

A couple of days later KB100 received a call informing him that the car was ready and everything has been sorted out including the failed brake issue.

On arriving KB100 noticed that the door was still caved in but not as much as it was when he'd seen it first, and the brakes worked but were spongy, on inquiring they informed him that the MC has been changed but the Booster was left as it is, on asking about the sponginess they simply brushed it off to chance and said they couldn't do any more.

While contemplating on his next action a boy from then workshop floor did confess that such things(scratches and dents) happening was quite normal and not to take it to heart.

By now KB100 sensed that the people at Sarathy were simply messing with his car and wasting his time, so he escalated the issue with their senior-most manager Mr. O.K. Pillai, who vehemently denied that there was any fault on their part, by this time the other workers on the shop floor ganged up intimidatingly and sensing that things could get way out of hand he decided to leave with the car.

KB100 has tried to bring the issue to the notice of the higher up's at MS but his POC Mr. Vijaypal Singh has proven to be unhelpful by wasting time with hypothetical wavers going by the lines of 'We neither Accept nor Deny to what has happened to your car', though he first went to the extent of claiming to resolve all issues, he eventually washed his hands saying that they couldn't do much due to lack of availability of a door matching the same color.

KB100 has sent emails to direct email ID's of MS personnel's and forwarded the same to their general complaints ID.

Brand new Maruti-Suzuki Ertiga : Brake failure after just 260 km-img20190628wa0001.jpg

Brand new Maruti-Suzuki Ertiga : Brake failure after just 260 km-img20190628wa0002.jpg

Brand new Maruti-Suzuki Ertiga : Brake failure after just 260 km-img20190628wa0003.jpg

Brand new Maruti-Suzuki Ertiga : Brake failure after just 260 km-img20190628wa0004.jpg

Brand new Maruti-Suzuki Ertiga : Brake failure after just 260 km-img20190628wa0005.jpg

We're yet to receive any definitive updated from MS and are hoping for the best, in the meanwhile enthusiasts and TeamBhpian's who're from Kollam, do approach Sarathy MASS cautiously, not eliminating the possibility that what I had experienced in 2009 and what KB100 has experienced now in 2019 could be rare coincidences but ignoring the same, treating a paying customer and his car as such is something I still cannot come to terms with.

Though things look bleak, we would update this thread if any substantial updates do happen.

Thank you for reading,
Regards,
A.P & KB100.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 30th June 2019 at 03:55.
ashwinprakas is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 12:58   #21
BHPian

Such a shame to go through so much on a brand new car. Turns the whole experience in to a painful one.

I faced something similar when i gave my car for under coating,when i went to collect the car it had a lot of lines kind of marks on the front right door. Very clearly could be seen that it has rubbed against some rough surface. I know very well that they didnt exist before because i wax my car myself so i know what is where.

It was brushed off as they where there first only, i had no patience and decided to not waste my time and peace of mind.
Now i go only when required very much or else i just get the work done at FNG.I feel a lot more issues crop up post MASS visit.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 16:38   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Such a shame to go through so much on a brand new car. Turns the whole experience in to a painful one.

I feel a lot more issues crop up post MASS visit.

True to the dot. No idea what MS is thinking about, South of Kerala we have reached a point that there is no dependable SVC for MS vehicles, on my Zen Estilo the passenger side floor-board had rusted pretty bad to the point there were holes, but the MASS at Trivandrum failed to notice the same while changing the steering box and front suspension completely.

Imagine my surprise when I went in for an oil change soon after and noticed the holes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I saw a brand new Ertiga with garlands and no number plates stuck in the middle of the road near our office in Electronic City. Right front tyre was pointing straight, but the left was turned maximum to the left. Poor driver has come out of the car waiting for assistance . It was peak time in the evening and there was a traffic jam building up, hence I had to keep moving without offering help.

Totally unacceptable.

Being a first time car owner, KB100 has sworn never to take the MS route and has plans to trade the Ertiga in a year or so and get a Thar or something more robust, this one experience has turned him off from cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SachinVD View Post
Does the issue happen only after just starting and starting to move the car? Is it a petrol Ertiga? This issue with the earlier model petrol Ertiga as well as Swift has been discussed earlier. I myself have faced this problem some times with my first generation Ertiga. When just starting the car, if we apply the brake, the brake pedal would not press and brakes would not apply. It would resolve by itself after running the car for some time. The technical issue seems to be that the alternator cannot generate enough vacuum as the engine RPM is too low. And this happened with only the petrol Ertiga. This is explained in the following link:
https://www.zigwheels.com/forum/post...es-in-your-car

That is a different issue, in KB100's case the MC had failed to maintain pressure, which is common for car's that have done over 1L+ km's, but absolutely unacceptable for a brand new car, which screams poor quality control and nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapk53 View Post
As far as I know they replace the whole brake booster assembly MC included when car is in warranty.

We had insisted on the same but MASS replaced the MC alone. The brakes are spongy but at the least work, we would try bleeding the system after procuring a proper bleeder since the car is equipped with ABS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
Hi,

Can you drain all the brake fluid and replace it? High symptoms that you have water in the brake circuit.

Brake fluid was bled and replaced on the first go, there were no signs of contamination.
ashwinprakas is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks