Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2019, 13:46   #16
BHPian

Re: Case of a snapped timing belt in a Skoda Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by dip27in View Post

Idea of the thread was to inculcate the idea of "listening to your car and do it yourself" rather than following a blind advise of Manufacturers with financial interest. It isnt a rocket science unless you make it look like one. I can flood this thread with umpteen number of examples on cars I own, especially a 2005 Vrs and 2004 E46, which hasn't seen a workshop till date.
What a brilliant thread!! I hope you keep it updated with more examples. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who would love to hear the stories about the other cars! Especially the vRS and more so the E46!!!
Turrrb0 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 20:28   #17
BHPian

Re: Case of a snapped timing belt in a Skoda Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by dip27in View Post
If I drill down to the basic reason why it failed, probably there has been a design failure in this batch of yeti ( starting from 2009 to 2012) which was evident from the Tensioner bearing design on later model. The spring adjusting mechanism probably was placed too close without keeping in mind of the repeated heating and cooling factor of a cramped engine, especially in Indian scenario.
As luck has this I joined this community and being my first post, I want to start by thanking you for sharing this. I have been keeping at used Yeti market for a few weeks now, as looking for a not large, bigger boot, comfortable , reliable engine and the added 4X4 for those long weekend trips to hill and beyond. Currently my hatch is good enough for daily needs.

This information is quite God sent it seems. It seems I should avoid the Yeti's from 2009 to 2012 or just ensure that i get a cheap deal so as to ensure I get the Belt and some basic maintenance done right after purchase. My main concern is health of engine, clutch and turbo. If need any guidance will connect with you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks