Senior - BHPian

A little costlier but exhaustive one
HKS USA CAMP2 (more)
Old 4th July 2008, 12:18   #107
Senior - BHPian

More Options cheaper and handheld.
Old 1st October 2008, 11:37   #108
BHPian

any info about Mahindra Scorpio ECU and Ports? it would be nice to put a multi information display to know whats going on under the hood.

-Pramod
Old 1st October 2008, 13:09   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajujey View Post
In Suzuki swift service Manuel (PDF). In page 52 it says about generic scanner.
Hi Rajujey, I think the unit depicted is a GM Tech 2 (or a clone).

Was at a Maruti GP warehouse this weekend & asked them the price of such a tool. The cost listed was 3.85 lakhs & the kit comes with all the hardware & software necessary.

Several software updates were available too - all at a price. Needless to say, the primary market for such tools are the authorized service centers & the like...
Old 28th October 2008, 07:25   #110
BHPian

Does anyone know the OBD port location on FIAT Palio 1.3 MJD and also the first generation Tata Indigo (Pre-TDI)?

I'm not sure whether the first generation Tata Indigo even has an OBD port or not...

Any idea about the protocol supported by the FIAT?
Old 1st November 2008, 14:36   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Does anyone know the OBD port location on FIAT Palio 1.3 MJD and also the first generation Tata Indigo (Pre-TDI)?

I'm not sure whether the first generation Tata Indigo even has an OBD port or not...

Any idea about the protocol supported by the FIAT?
TATA's use ISO9141 protocol but needs to be confirmed. If they are exporting any model, they will be following a standard, I dont think they have 2 production lines for domestic and export each.
Old 16th November 2008, 00:59   #112
BHPian

Is scangauge II available in India ? I want to fit one on my Optra 1.6. It is OBD II compliant using ISO 14230 (KWP2000) protocol.
Old 20th November 2008, 16:52   #113
BHPian

Hi has anyone used the OBD in safari and corsa 1.6? I got the tool and proscan software but still unable to connect. Error received is " Vehicle obd not responding"
Old 20th November 2008, 18:37   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc1bad View Post
Hi has anyone used the OBD in safari and corsa 1.6? I got the tool and proscan software but still unable to connect. Error received is " Vehicle obd not responding"
Are you selecting the right protocol ??
Old 20th November 2008, 19:18   #115
BHPian

hi

hi, i am using a ELM 327 unit, which supports multi-protocol. I have set the software to auto detect mode. These settings worked for the civic,but arnt working for the safari and corsa.any help would be great.thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Are you selecting the right protocol ??
Old 21st November 2008, 10:07   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc1bad View Post
hi, i am using a ELM 327 unit, which supports multi-protocol. I have set the software to auto detect mode. These settings worked for the civic,but arnt working for the safari and corsa.any help would be great.thanks
Can you set it to use ISO9141-2 protocol and check, better goto the service station, they might give you some hint. I wonder if this is the same for the 2.2l, as both are/ were exported to Europe, OBD is a requirement as per legislation there, unless they tweak the same for India.
Old 21st November 2008, 11:12   #117
BHPian

error scn

hi i have attached screen shots of the error i am receiving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Can you set it to use ISO9141-2 protocol and check, better goto the service station, they might give you some hint. I wonder if this is the same for the 2.2l, as both are/ were exported to Europe, OBD is a requirement as per legislation there, unless they tweak the same for India.
Attached Thumbnails
OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-scn1.jpg  

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-scn2.jpg  

Old 21st November 2008, 12:11   #118
BHPian

use digimoto or some other software also. maybe the software is unable to detect the ecu . also check this out OBD II Connector Pinout this will give you the idea about the pins used by different protocols. I have been using digimoto with elm 323 for reading ecu on my optra 1.6 I have been getting good data but it doesnt workon my santro xing erlx although the pinout suggest the same protocol being used in both the vehicles ( KWP 2000 ) maybe santro uses some popritery protocol
Old 21st November 2008, 17:55   #119
BHPian

hi, thanks shall try with couple of more softwares. The scanner and the software work flawlessly with Civic, but even though Safari has a obd port i think it runs on a prop protocol. I am trying all the trial and error means.
@ dadu : I have attached screen shots of the communication settings below. I have tried with all the possible options, but i keep getting a error saying the obd does not respond.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask77 View Post
use digimoto or some other software also. maybe the software is unable to detect the ecu . also check this out OBD II Connector Pinout this will give you the idea about the pins used by different protocols. I have been using digimoto with elm 323 for reading ecu on my optra 1.6 I have been getting good data but it doesnt workon my santro xing erlx although the pinout suggest the same protocol being used in both the vehicles ( KWP 2000 ) maybe santro uses some popritery protocol
Attached Thumbnails
OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-sc1.jpg  

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-sc2.jpg  

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-sc3.jpg  

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-sc4.jpg  

Old 21st November 2008, 18:36   #120
Senior - BHPian

I hope you had the ignition key in the "ON" position(if not try with the engine start). Finally I found one reference of a tool supporting TATA, its ISO only. See here.

baud rate in ISO is usually kept at 9600.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks