Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2013, 10:09   #616
BANNED

re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
I purchased this same scan tool last week.

I have a problem with it. When I try to pair it using bluetooth settings and password 1234 just before starting the engine, it pairs the device. But when I start torque, it again asks for the password and any password I enter, it just cant connect.

Can someone help me on this. Im using Xperia Go Android.

EDIT - I tried on Etios Diesel and Optra Diesel
I don't know the solution to this problem but I just asked the solution for this issue that your facing to the Maker of Torque PRO App.

Waiting for the response. Will update!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2013, 15:19   #617
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
I purchased this same scan tool last week.

I have a problem with it. When I try to pair it using bluetooth settings and password 1234 just before starting the engine, it pairs the device. But when I start torque, it again asks for the password and any password I enter, it just cant connect.
Quote:
Hi

Has the adapter been powered off and on in the meantime? - there's a known bad adapter (that identifies as 11:22:33: DD:EE:FF) that has various issues (continually asking for the PIN once it's been powered down and on again is one of them) - it's often described as a 'super mini' adapter and there's a batch of these floating around that have this problem

If it is that adapter (it's likely with what you have described) then there's little that can be done at the minute (it's a firmware issue with the adapter), and those adapters also have the problem that if you have 2 with the same 11:22:33: DD:EE:FF identifier near each other, and powered on, that they will interfere with each other

There's a sticky thead about is on the torque site (I'm working over a slow 2g internet connection at the minute otherwise I'd paste the link here if I could get to the site) that should describe in better detail what's going on with the adapter - I'm also going to add a note in the app as well in the next update about these adapters as they're tripping a few people up

If in doubt, it's best to get the seller to replace the adapter with a different one (preferably not one of the ones with the 11:22:33: DD:EE:FF adapter) if this is the one you indeed have

Regards,
Ian
This is what he has to say. Please check the adapter and revert for further solution bro.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 22nd September 2013 at 15:20.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2013, 19:06   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
This is what he has to say. Please check the adapter and revert for further solution bro.

Anurag.
Thanks for your reply and for your effort anurag.

I have an update. I tried using torque and bosch fun2drive on a samsung y duos and it works perfectly. I then tried multiple times on my Sony Xperia Go but the same thing happens. It pairs initially but with the app on it just doesnt pair with any password combination.

I have not checked the identifier codes, but I am sure the adapter is not faulty as it works with a samsung phone. I want to set it up on my sony phone. Can you suggest what can be done in this case?
Old 22nd September 2013, 20:36   #619
BHPian

Have this 327 adapter initially had almost similar issues with pairing with a Samsung tab 2. The funny part was I had bought the tab primarily for this. And it keep having similar non connecting issues after a mail with Hawkins from torque he said it was a firmware issue with Samsung the only way it would be fixed is if they fixed it in the next firmware release. It turned out to be true and was fixed in the next release after almost 4 months.
Old 22nd September 2013, 22:26   #620
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Have this 327 adapter initially had almost similar issues with pairing with a Samsung tab 2. The funny part was I had bought the tab primarily for this. And it keep having similar non connecting issues after a mail with Hawkins from torque he said it was a firmware issue with Samsung the only way it would be fixed is if they fixed it in the next firmware release. It turned out to be true and was fixed in the next release after almost 4 months.
Is this a specific issue to your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 or all have this? I am asking this because I checked the working of the app in my BIL's Tab 2 and it works without any flaw.

The dials look bigger and are attractive, more addictive

Anurag.
Old 22nd September 2013, 22:57   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Is this a specific issue to your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
problem was specific to all Samsung tab 2's : ROM /Firmware, it was ultimately fixed by samsung like hawkins said. That was my first android device and made me realize undoubtedly i should have stuck to IOS because i got both brand new and yet there was a bug in the software that stopped the basic purpose of me buying the tab and had to use it for GPS instead.
Old 22nd September 2013, 23:08   #622
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
problem was specific to all Samsung tab 2's : ROM /Firmware, it was ultimately fixed by samsung like hawkins said. That was my first android device and made me realize undoubtedly i should have stuck to IOS because i got both brand new and yet there was a bug in the software that stopped the basic purpose of me buying the tab and had to use it for GPS instead.
When did you purchase the Tab 2?

My BIL bought it a month and half ago so may be the firmware was update from factory.

Anurag.
Old 22nd September 2013, 23:14   #623
BHPian

Quote:
When did you purchase the Tab 2?
Been a awhile , more than 1 & 1/2 years i guess now
Old 8th October 2013, 17:13   #624
BHPian

Any amaze users have used OBD?
I'm thinking of getting one..

Here it is available for only Rs. 999
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Android-Torqu...ht_2340wt_1271

One more thing, can OBD tell Distance to Empty?
Old 8th October 2013, 17:35   #625
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

The data that any OBD II module can give out depends on the ECU of the car also, as to which all parameter the car supports. Amaze being a latest car it should display all parameters though. But be doubly sure that Honda supports OBD protocol as few car manufacturers have their own proprietary protocol.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 18:50   #626
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
The data that any OBD II module can give out depends on the ECU of the car also, as to which all parameter the car supports. Amaze being a latest car it should display all parameters though. But be doubly sure that Honda supports OBD protocol as few car manufacturers have their own proprietary protocol.
Not sure that is true. OBD has two sets of parameters. One the so called generic codes, or P-codes, including some generic functionality, e.g. Live monitoring of certain engines parameters.

. But every manufacturer also introduces their own specific codes and or even specific model codes. General purpose OBD codes wont be able to read those manufacturer specific codes. You will need a more high end analyzers and usually they come with specific software modules per manufacturer that you buy separately.. The manufacturer specific codes easily outnumber the generic P codes and functions. Having said that, the p-Codes and basic general funtionalities should give you a pretty good idea whats going on.

Jeroen
Jeroen is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 19:26   #627
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Having said that, the p-Codes and basic general funtionalities should give you a pretty good idea whats going on.
Agree with you here fully.

The codes that are read out on a average are more than for the normal crowd who use and want to know what's happening inside.

Only the professional ones need the high end OBD readers that have all OBD codes and the needed PID's.

Anurag.
Old 8th October 2013, 20:20   #628
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Any amaze users have used OBD?
I'm thinking of getting one..

Here it is available for only Rs. 999
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Android-Torqu...ht_2340wt_1271

One more thing, can OBD tell Distance to Empty?
Check this out

http://www.scangauge.com/products/scangaugeii/

It is a good ready to go option. Gives you all like basic temp, voltage, rpm, DTE, FE etc etc and more. Biggest advantage is plug and play. No laptop, No Mobile required.
Old 8th October 2013, 22:04   #629
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Agree with you here fully.

The codes that are read out on a average are more than for the normal crowd who use and want to know what's happening inside.

Only the professional ones need the high end OBD readers that have all OBD codes and the needed PID's.

Anurag.
It really depends on what you want to do yourself. As soon as you want to do some trouble shooting you are very likely to need the specific codes. The issue being that the specific codes do not necessarily have a generic equivalent. Or to put it differently, there is a whole bunch of stuff that can go wrong without generating a generic code. You can only find it via the specific codes.

Here is a good summary: http://www.knowyourparts.com/product...nd-scan-tools/

Jeroen
Jeroen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 21:33   #630
Distinguished - BHPian

Bought a ELM 327 to hook up to the obd port in a Scorpio. Initial test run went smoothly. FE and DTE figures depend a lot on the value we put in while setting up the profile.

Now am on the look out for OBD apps on android. Tried Bosch one and Torque so far. Torque seems quite versatile and way more customizable. In the HUD mode though, there is sort of a double image formation on the windscreen, any solutions?
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks