Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2007, 22:55   #46
BANNED

Lancer

Hi
Is Lancer diesel OBD compliant? Does anyone use ScanGuage in Lancer diesel?
Old 16th May 2007, 19:29   #47
BANNED

Scanguage2

Yes<I also learned that lesson in a hard way.The Scanguage2 does not work in my Lancer GLX diesel and Baleno.I have also connected today in an INNOVA but no use.It just shows"CONNECTING".It was just a waste of my money.
Cheers
Dilip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sss View Post
Well GTO, such tools are absolutely not necessary for daily driving. Also the Malfunctions/errors will only be generated if someone has tampered/damaged original wiring/sensors.

But the Digital Guages in scanguage give you real time engine data like RPM, Coolant Temp, Intake Air Temp, Throttle Position etc. And Im sure some of the car crazy members here would like to know whats exactly happening under their car's hood. Also the Scanguage is almost the size of 1-Din HU, and it can be mounted nicely on the dashboard, plus you can select the background colour of the screen like on some HU's, and select the data you want to be shown on screen. More details on ..ScanGaugeII - Scan Tool + Digital Gauges + Trip Computers

Sadly, it works on very few indian cars. And worse, on none of mine.
Old 20th May 2007, 22:38   #48
BANNED

Update
ScanGuage2 is compatible on Hyundai Accent.I have tested it and its working..Not working in a diesel Innova.
Old 24th June 2007, 00:19   #49
BANNED

Honda city

Does Old honda city (2003)has OBD port?Where is it located?
Cheers
Dilipkumar
Old 24th June 2007, 02:04   #50
Senior - BHPian

IIRC, Lancer diesel comes with a non-ECU controlled mill. Surprising about the Innova though.

Yeah, the OHC has an OBD port. I think it's OBD 1, though I'm not sure. Ford Rocam would be the best person to answer any OHC queries.
Old 25th June 2007, 09:50   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Does Old honda city (2003)has OBD port?Where is it located?
Cheers
Dilipkumar
OHC seemed to be OBD-I. In my OHC VTEC the port is on the right of glove box, where the right knee of the passenger would touch the center console (A/C, Audio controls). It should be hooked up on the inner-side there with a light green rubber hook/cover.
Old 26th June 2007, 11:34   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankaj401 View Post
OHC seemed to be OBD-I. In my OHC VTEC the port is on the right of glove box, where the right knee of the passenger would touch the center console (A/C, Audio controls). It should be hooked up on the inner-side there with a light green rubber hook/cover.
Indian OHC are OBD-II B, OBDI you will find mostly on JDM 1.5Vtec Yr 92-95.
Old 26th June 2007, 11:56   #53
BHPian

which all cars have ECU's in them...
i know santro has one
Old 26th June 2007, 12:27   #54
Team-BHP Support

Almost all cars being sold in India comes with an ECU now, right from the M800 to the Bentley.
Not too sure about Mahindra jeeps though.
Old 23rd August 2007, 21:29   #55
BHPian

Hi everyone!

I got myself ScanGaugeII. It works great on the Ikon.

Hats off to SSS for his help on pointing out ScanGaugeII's compatibility and OBD port location in the Ikon.

Pics posted at
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post541975
Old 23rd August 2007, 23:41   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Welcome to CarMD
This 90$ device can be connected to any OBD compliant ECU, which means most ECUs made after late nineties.
Do you mean OBD-II or OBD-I?
Old 24th August 2007, 10:33   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Maybe someone can help me understand this better but why would you need such tools for our daily-driving 4 cylinder family sedans / hatchbacks? I can understand if there are heavy modifications or the car that we are talking about is a high-performance machine (think exotics or even EVOs and Imprezas).

But why would we need this? My Vtec has not had a single error in almost 50,000 kms. Like I said, no offence but I am really curious to know why.
I would never touch the engine stuff with these tools, but depending on the car and the tool you can tweak lot of things. If you use a tool called VAG-COM, you can do lot of cool things with VW family cars.
disable seat belt chime and tons of other warning chimes
lane change indicator number of flashes
disable delayed wiper blade stroke
adjust xenon focus settings
disable some irritating ESP features such as hill-hold assist
stiffness of the power steering
suspension settings (in high-end models)
more complex things :-)
in fact, if you don't like some feature.. u r likely to find a way to change it, without picking up a spanner! but of course, it is not for everyone and but then most things are fairly simple to do with lot of info on the net.

In India, it is not expensive to go to a dealer and get these tweaks done but in other countries the labour charges are steep so makes sense to buy one such tool.
Old 24th August 2007, 12:43   #58
BHPian

Hey fellows, can anyone tell me where's the OBD port located in MPFI Esteem (2007 model)?
Old 24th August 2007, 13:33   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shldn View Post
yes they do. i just discovered my Indigo sx is OBD II compliant, it uses the ISO 9141 protocol. i built an interface myself and tested it, but the software i'm using (vag-com) is orignally meant for audi/vw/seat & skoda, so i've not had much luck getting much info from the vehicle. will have to try some other s/w...

Could you let me know where you got the Vag0-Com software? Would love to tinker with my Laura.
Old 24th August 2007, 16:07   #60
BHPian

The VAG-COM software can be found here, Ross-Tech: VAG-COM

Here's a partial list of OBD-II software, both freeware and commercial, OBD-II Software Links | iRide Technologies, Mumbai, India

Please check your Laura for the OBD-ii protocol it uses though before purchasing any hardware or software.

Most Viewed