Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2012, 19:25   #436
BHPian

re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

thanks govigov & catalyst_delhi - will for sure order one from dealextreme. Yes, I will be getting the USB version rather than the bluetooth one. I am planning a carputer, might get something on those lines.
Old 15th April 2012, 20:17   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
thanks govigov & catalyst_delhi - will for sure order one from dealextreme. Yes, I will be getting the USB version rather than the bluetooth one. I am planning a carputer, might get something on those lines.
I seen a setup on an ipad with bluetooth on a Ford Fiesta Petrol. Was amazing. Still you do not have any/much to tweak and change like on VAG.
Old 22nd April 2012, 11:38   #438
kdp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi

I seen a setup on an ipad with bluetooth on a Ford Fiesta Petrol. Was amazing. Still you do not have any/much to tweak and change like on VAG.
Could you tell me which software you used. I was always under the impression that the iPad (and all I devices) require a wifi connection for obd (ie bluetooth does not work). Some clarity on this would be great.

Thank you
Old 22nd April 2012, 16:30   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp View Post
Could you tell me which software you used. I was always under the impression that the iPad (and all I devices) require a wifi connection for obd (ie bluetooth does not work). Some clarity on this would be great.

Thank you
It has to be an app called torque. not sure if there are similar apps out there other than torque. torque is pretty damn neat.
Old 22nd April 2012, 22:01   #440
kdp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov

It has to be an app called torque. not sure if there are similar apps out there other than torque. torque is pretty damn neat.
Torque pro is for android. I have the paid version. My question was regarding iDevices (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch). And whether any software exists that allows connection between an iPad and a Bluetooth obd dongle. Afaik none exist. The torque application on apple AppStore has something to do with torque wrenches etc.
Old 24th April 2012, 18:22   #441
BHPian

Anybody tried this with a VW Polo? Perhaps with VCDS we can change quite a number of settings..
Old 28th April 2012, 20:00   #442
BHPian

Autosnap IN805 - MINI Scan Tool for Indian Vehicles

While browsing the web, came across a Chinese manufacturer (Autosnap) for OBD scan tools and they have a handheld scan tool (IN805) specific for Indian Vehicles (TATA , MARUTI , HYUNDAI , MAHINDRA , OBDII / EOBD)

++IN805 - AutoSnap
Attached Thumbnails
OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-in805.jpg  

rubicon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2012, 05:19   #443
BHPian

Will scangauge work on cedia. Also where is the connector located in cedia. Also is there any way to make scangauge work on OHC Vtec.
Old 30th April 2012, 12:54   #444
Senior - BHPian

Re: Autosnap IN805 - MINI Scan Tool for Indian Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
...l (IN805) specific for Indian Vehicles (TATA , MARUTI , HYUNDAI , MAHINDRA , OBDII / EOBD) ...
Any idea how much this costs?
Old 7th May 2012, 15:21   #445
BHPian

Hanatech OBD Scanner for Indian Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Any idea how much this costs?
Not sure about the price of Autosnap IN805. I just came across it while browsing for OBD scan tools for Indian cars.

On a side note, here is my OBD error correction experience...

The engine on my MPFI Zen when left on idle ran very uneven and rough. It also had engine hesitation (choked during driving). After a basic service, my regular mechanic changed the air filter, fuel filter and spark plugs. The problem still existed and he had given up saying only an OBD scanner can pin-point the issue.

After doing a lot of research I took my car to a diagnostic center here in Chennai (Chennai Cars Pvt Ltd , PH : 9840124365).

The equipment used was HANA TECH "DCN-SCAN".

After a quick 3 minute scan, it returned Error P0105 (Manifold Absolute Pressure Circuit Malfunction). The technician cleaned the MAP sensor and then reset the error code via the scanner. Since then, the car has been running like a charm! He charged me Rs.500/-

The service technician ("Paul", owner of the engine scan centre) was very knowledgeable and he said that he had purchased the scanner around 8 years ago but keeps updating its software (codes) thru their website. Because of this, he is able to scan any car irrespective of the year of manufacturer. He was generous enough to allow me browse thru the exhaustive list of car model selector menu categorized by region (Eg : USA, Asian, Japan etc). I am 99% sure, it had all cars sold in the Indian market.

He added that, the specific scanner model he was using has become end-of-life and the current equivalent model offered by Hanatech is "Ultrascan P1" and details about it can be found on "'www.hanatech.net'".
Attached Thumbnails
OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-hanatech.jpg  

rubicon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2012, 00:50   #446
BHPian

fyi a basic research on Google resulted to : http://www.carman.cn/carman/diaglist...92aa61089065a6

attached is the same pdf file. gurus pl do revert on your understanding.

Note: PDF is pertaining to Mahindra vehicles - Scorpio, Xylo, Bolero
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Vehicle_Coverage_10B6Ver_Asian_2_(MAHINDRA).pdf (48.1 KB, 1288 views)

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th May 2012 at 11:12.
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2012, 04:28   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp

Torque pro is for android. I have the paid version. My question was regarding iDevices (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch). And whether any software exists that allows connection between an iPad and a Bluetooth obd dongle. Afaik none exist. The torque application on apple AppStore has something to do with torque wrenches etc.

Yes you can connect your idevice via Bluetooth BUT only if you are jailbroken. There's an app available at cydia 'roqybt4' that make the magic happen. You can use dashcommand with it.
rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2012, 19:02   #448
BHPian

I own a Suzuki Zen (year 2000 model).
I am looking for a diagnostic device that I can use with my laptop to read the following-

1. Throttle Position Sensor voltage
2. Timing Value

Can somebody please direct me to all the things that I need?
Old 21st June 2012, 21:06   #449
BHPian

Please recommend a OBDII scan device (like SGII or A301) for August 2006 make CIVIC. I'm interested in DTE (distance to empty), litres/100 km (or, kmpl) and a "configurable" speedo adjustment (These 3 are absolute must). I have upsized to 205/65 R15, so need to honor the error. Also, a ecommerce site, from where I can finally buy. Indicative price/link will be much appreciated. Can fall back to android mobile application + ELM327 bluetooth module (Is there any such software - heard of torque but not sure of adjustments to speedo).

Last edited by devsoftech : 21st June 2012 at 21:07.
Old 21st June 2012, 21:46   #450
BHPian

I run the scanguage 'e' on my car. I get a host of details including speedo, real time mileage monitor in kms. But there is no DTE in the list. Not sure if an OBD port can give out DTE data.

Suggest you shoot a mail to the SGII guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsoftech View Post
Please recommend a OBDII scan device (like SGII or A301) for August 2006 make CIVIC. I'm interested in DTE (distance to empty), litres/100 km (or, kmpl) and a "configurable" speedo adjustment (These 3 are absolute must). I have upsized to 205/65 R15, so need to honor the error. Also, a ecommerce site, from where I can finally buy. Indicative price/link will be much appreciated. Can fall back to android mobile application + ELM327 bluetooth module (Is there any such software - heard of torque but not sure of adjustments to speedo).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks