Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2010, 23:28   #211
BHPian

Is Scan Gauge compatible with OHC Vtec, If no then what are the options available for OHC Vtec?
Old 13th November 2010, 13:54   #212
BHPian

Is this the interface to connect the OBD scan tool in Ikon TDCi
Attached Thumbnails
OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-img_0001.jpg  

Old 13th November 2010, 14:21   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post

Yes it is! But you would need a manufacturer specific OBD monitor/tool to diagnose or proprietary software/interface with cable to do the talk with the ECU!
Old 13th November 2010, 16:06   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
Yes. That is the standard OBD connector.
More info here:
On-board diagnostics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantragna View Post
Yes it is! But you would need a manufacturer specific OBD monitor/tool to diagnose or proprietary software/interface with cable to do the talk with the ECU!
It looks like standard CAN protocol. Connections are available for pins 4,5,6,14,16. Any ELM327 based tool can be used.
Old 13th November 2010, 16:10   #215
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
I got the hardware (cable plus adapter) from here
DealExtreme: $29.99 ELM327 USB Vehicle OBD-2 Scanner Tool

The software is also included. Only one issue though, I have not been able to read the engine information using the given software. Seems like the hardware works but the protocol used is altered some how. I am currently searching for softwares and documentation that can solve this mystery.
Has somebody used this one? i think same is available on IRide also. Really want to know if it can work with my Spark?
Old 20th November 2010, 22:01   #216
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
Has somebody used this one? i think same is available on IRide also. Really want to know if it can work with my Spark?
All right found loaction of OBD connector in my spark. this is how it looks like. Which type is this?
Attached Thumbnails
OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-my-obd.jpg  

Old 21st November 2010, 17:22   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
All right found loaction of OBD connector in my spark. this is how it looks like. Which type is this?
This is standard OBD (K-line interface). Any ELM323 or ELM327 based interface would work.
Old 3rd December 2010, 14:59   #218
BHPian

Hai Planning an onboard OBDII multi gauge for my swifty ZXI- 2005, as I am tired of the very common gauges on the dash. Will these kind of onboard OBDII multi gauge work on my drive. If so of these parameters which is part of the gauge, which are the available paramters out of the swift ECU. Guru's please put in your valuable inputs.•Throttle Position•Intake Pressure (MAP)•OBD Type•Fuel Level•RPM•Air Flow (MAF)•Oxygen Sensor Voltage1 (Bank 1)•Barometric Pressure•MPH•Short Term Fuel Trim (Bank 1)•Oxygen Sensor Voltage2 (Bank 1)•Catalytic Converter Temperature•Engine Load•Long Term Fuel Trim (Bank 1)•Oxygen Sensor Voltage1 (Bank 2)•ECU Voltage•Engine Timing•Short Term Fuel Trim (Bank 2)•Oxygen Sensor Voltage2 (Bank 2)•Absolute Engine Load•Air Intake Temperature•Long Term Fuel Trim (Bank 2)•Ambient Air Temperature•Water Temperature•Fuel Pressure•Fuel Pressure Relative
Old 3rd December 2010, 15:30   #219
BHPian

sorry missed out the specs of the unit.
OBDII/CAN ProtocolsISO-9141, VPW, PWM, KWP 2000, 11Bit CAN, 29Bit CANOBDII PIDs26 PIDsCompatible HDDHDD-200ProcessorsCustom PLX 32 Bit Processor, Custom PLX GPU (Graphics Processor Unit)Operating Temperature0 - 85 Deg COperating Voltage10V-18VAutomatic Sensor DetectionYES
Old 7th December 2010, 22:38   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
sorry missed out the specs of the unit.
OBDII/CAN ProtocolsISO-9141, VPW, PWM, KWP 2000, 11Bit CAN, 29Bit CANOBDII PIDs26 PIDsCompatible HDDHDD-200ProcessorsCustom PLX 32 Bit Processor, Custom PLX GPU (Graphics Processor Unit)Operating Temperature0 - 85 Deg COperating Voltage10V-18VAutomatic Sensor DetectionYES
Have you tested the unit ?? I think no one was able to get these devices work on maruti cars. It will be good news if this dose.

Last edited by bhogalrajnish : 7th December 2010 at 22:42.
Old 8th December 2010, 11:09   #221
BHPian

re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhogalrajnish View Post
Have you tested the unit ?? I think no one was able to get these devices work on maruti cars. It will be good news if this dose.
Buddy I need to be sure it will work before I invest 400USD on this device. I have emailed the vendor as well, no revert from his end this far. The device is supposed to work on 96+ models of cars.
Old 8th December 2010, 22:57   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
Buddy I need to be sure it will work before I invest 400USD on this device. I have emailed the vendor as well, no revert from his end this far. The device is supposed to work on 96+ models of cars.
96+ models in the US as they have norms that need cars to be OBD2 compliant that dosent happen in India. I have a ZXI myself and have been looking for a solution for long. To the best of my knowledge no one has been able to crack the Maruti ECM till now. The one that the service center guys use costs more than 2.5L. Well let us know if you find more info I am sure there are more people that two of us looking for this.
Old 9th December 2010, 12:57   #223
Senior - BHPian

Maruti suzuki and suzuki don't share similar ECU make part no.
Old 9th December 2010, 13:39   #224
Senior - BHPian

Afaik Scangauge and similar tools do not work with Maruti cars upto BS3, supposedly these work with BS4 Maruti vehicles. A fellow member has used Scangauge in his BS4 Ritz. If Scangauge works other similar OBD tools should work too.

I'm planning to order a multi purpose OBD tool for my AStar, its BS4, but i'm trying to confirm whether it will work before i get me such a multipurpose tool.
Old 26th December 2010, 19:22   #225
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone try buying vagcom cable from this site?
found one for 15$ here, so wanted to try out after wasting money on costly one from here

obd2 scanner tool,obd2 diagnostic scanner,obd2 usb scanner for sale

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks