Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Does coding a BMW void the warranty?
Coding voids warranty 33 22.15%
Coding does not void warranty 28 18.79%
Depends on the relationship with the ASC 35 23.49%
Don't know / Can't say 53 35.57%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2024, 22:23   #91

Re: BMW - Coding & enabling hidden features

Hello,

I drive a 2012 BMW X3 which is showing 'drive stability ' error. My regular workshop in Bangalore diagnosed it to a faulty Tranfer Case actuator motor and procured the part. However, the technician is out due to a family emergency and unlikely to return for 2-3 weeks.

I am wondering if there are any independent coding experts who I can do the coding after the part is replaced. Appreciate any leads or recommendations. (I was told this part needs coding but I am not sure if it needs to be done at part level or in the car after assembly).

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
NV
Old 18th July 2024, 13:08   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomav View Post
Hi, pls try these steps.
In Bimmercode app, go to Go to expert mode in instrument cluster options. There, you will find 3001 KI_parameter. In that option, you would see
GESCHW_LIMIT_INDIEN_SCHWELLE_1 AND GESCHW_LIMIT_INDIEN_SCHWELLE_2. Click on both and set the values to 0*0.
And then finally, code it.
You're good to go.
This worked in my BMW G32.
Thank you. I just saw this. I sold my Mini but will be useful if and when i get my next BMW Cheers
Old 20th August 2024, 18:28   #93

Anyone have reccos on removing the speed warning from a mid 2019 F34 msport?

Went through the thread, but GESCHW_LIMIT_INDIEN_SCHWELLE_1 AND GESCHW_LIMIT_INDIEN_SCHWELLE_2 do NOT exist, checked expert mode in bimmercode.
Old 20th August 2024, 22:34   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill View Post
Anyone have reccos on removing the speed warning from a mid 2019 F34 msport?
Better to get it done by a FNG who have done this before instead of fiddling around with parameters. If you have done some changes, then something goes wrong, and you do not have cross references to go back to default, then you are done. If you are in Bangalore, you could try Carmed. They have done quite a lot of these coding even on the new bimmers. Just call and ask before dropping in. Hope this helps.

Happy Motoring!
Bsilver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2024, 15:44   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsilver View Post
Better to get it done by a FNG who have done this before instead of fiddling around with parameters. If you have done some changes, then something goes wrong, and you do not have cross references to go back to default, then you are done. If you are in Bangalore, you could try Carmed. They have done quite a lot of these coding even on the new bimmers. Just call and ask before dropping in. Hope this helps.

Happy Motoring!
Yes, someone like Carmed to code it is the backup plan, was trying to see if anyone has the parameters I can access without traveling all the way there. Am comfortable with Bimmercode, so not an issue. And the good part is it automatically takes a backup before making changes, so reverting to previous setup isnt hard.

I should probably make a thread about how I managed to replace the hard drive in the NBT Evo unit recently to an SSD. That was way more complicated! If anyone needs help with that, feel free to ping.
Jgill is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2024, 12:39   #96
BHPian

Quote:
I should probably make a thread about how I managed to replace the hard drive in the NBT Evo unit recently to an SSD. That was way more complicated! If anyone needs help with that, feel free to ping.
Man it'd be really nice if you made a thread on it. I was recently looking into doing it myself.
Old 22nd October 2024, 11:25   #97
BHPian

Hi

TLDR; Would anyone have a copy of BMW India maps (Road map India Evo) from any year between 2016 upto 2020-1
Would really appreciate if anyone could.

Long story: Thanks to help from @jgill, I recently replaced the dying HDD on my 2017 F34
The new SSD of course does not have any map data on it ..and the map FSC code (effectively the map license) on my HU allows for map updates only till year 2020 v1 (2020-1)
I learnt it the hard way after purchasing a copy of 2023 maps from a ebay vendor.
India maps for NBT evo are kind of hard to find and the few sellers there are seem to only have the new/current versions.
Old 23rd October 2024, 21:38   #98
BHPian

Quote:
May I ask the reason(s) for replacing the HDD with an SSD? Thank you.
Old 24th October 2024, 00:16   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2GT3GT View Post
May I ask the reason(s) for replacing the HDD with an SSD? Thank you.
Simple, the hdd on old cars can fail, either just time, or another known cause is deep cleaning of AC vents. The error code is pretty clear, and BMWs only official solution is a new HU.
Jgill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2024, 07:43   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Simple, the hdd on old cars can fail, either just time, or another known cause is deep cleaning of AC vents. The error code is pretty clear, and BMWs only official solution is a new HU.
Thank you, were you able to increase the storage capacity of the HU beyond 20GB when you moved to a SSD?

Was the operating system of the HU on the HDD or was it on a different memory chip onboard?
Old 24th October 2024, 07:59   #101

Quote:
Thank you, were you able to increase the storage capacity of the HU beyond 20GB when you moved to a SSD?

Was the operating system of the HU on the HDD or was it on a different memory chip onboard?
OS is separate, embedded. Maps need to be reloaded though.

Storage capacity is still 20 since I copied over original partition sizes. Theres a long bimmerpost thread. Need to check if someone tried increasing. Could be an internal OS limit too.
Old 24th October 2024, 16:09   #102
BHPian

Quote:
OS is separate, embedded. Maps need to be reloaded though.

Storage capacity is still 20 since I copied over original partition sizes. Theres a long bimmerpost thread. Need to check if someone tried increasing. Could be an internal OS limit too.
Thank you, can you please share the link to that bimmerpost thread?
Old 24th October 2024, 16:30   #103

Quote:
Thank you, can you please share the link to that bimmerpost thread?
https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/u...#post-13966422

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks