Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2018, 14:07   #76
BHPian

Re: Severe rusting issues in my Mahindra Thar

This thread has opened my eyes. I was eagerly looking forward to buy a Thar but such quality issues forced me to change my mind.
As an alternative buy second hand Thar and modify it to your taste and requirement. I am sure final cost will still be lesser than brand new Thar.
Old 12th May 2018, 23:05   #77
BHPian

So sad to learn this Parrys. I can understand how frustrating it is.

I just dont understand that why Mahindra isnt improving its quality levels when they completely know the issues? Even their staff acknowledges the petty issues of Thar. Isn't their any feedback and update mechanism at Mahindra and Mahindra? Its pathetic at their end. They will eventually lose it to Japs like Isuzu and Toyota soon.
Old 28th August 2018, 21:44   #78
BHPian

Mahindra has been producing the so called "Jeeps" for a long long time. I was born and brought up in a tea garden so I got to see a lot of them in my early years. The earlier Mahindra's were a rust factory, however I have seen that specially in tropical climates they tend to rust more. The coastal cities are the worse hit. I have seen lots of Marutis and Hyundais rusting in Bombay and Kerala. My point is, Mahindra has come up to a great extent compared to the 80's. When we buy a Thar, we should immediately get a anti rust coating done and keep refreshing annually. Who buys a Thar? The ones who are not impressed by a petite lass ! Royal Enfield owners would agree more ;-)
mads2849 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 11:44   #79
Senior - BHPian

Hope Mahindra has incorporated modern manufacturing techniques learn't from its Korean acquisitions, for the 2020 Thar.
Since the upcoming model has been designed groundsup from scratch, hope the rust issues are the thing of the past.
Old 2nd June 2023, 16:34   #80
BHPian

Apologies for reviving this old thread.

Wondering if newer model of Thar is also suffering from Rust problem.
How about CT/Softtop models, are these owners facing any challenges due to dust, water leak etc.?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks