Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2023, 22:41   #616
BHPian

Re: ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!

Hi,

I am considering remapping my Fiat Linea T-jet with stage-1 from WolfMoto.

Seeking long-term reliability feedback from existing T-jet/Abarth Punto owners who have used their remaps, if there is anything I should be wary off.

Thanks

Last edited by redCherry : 29th May 2023 at 22:47.
Old 31st May 2023, 14:29   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redCherry View Post
Hi,
I am considering remapping my Fiat Linea T-jet with stage-1 from WolfMoto.
Seeking long-term reliability feedback from existing T-jet/Abarth Punto owners who have used their remaps, if there is anything I should be wary off.
Thanks
There are many T-Jets running Wolf Stage1 remaps and I personally know a few of them. I'd say just go for it. I haven't heard of any long-term issues arising from Wolf remaps on the T-Jet. From Wolf, you get switchable maps as an additional feature which is really cool. They have mastered the art of tuning Fiat engines more than any other tuner, IMO.

Last edited by clevermax : 31st May 2023 at 14:32.
clevermax is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 18:12   #618
BHPian

I have been unable to get in touch with Wolf Moto. Their website loads partially, phone numbers did not work, and couldn’t submit a query on their website as it’s not working properly. Can anyone share their contact? Need to confirm their next visit to Pune.
Old 1st June 2023, 17:28   #619

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Went ahead and got my 2018 Ecosport TDCI a Wolf Stage 1+ remap over the weekend. All the reviews of the 1.5 TDCI with the Wolf remap had only good things to say, so decided to go ahead.

As the car enters it's 5th year, I was casually thinking of what next and I just could not think of anything else upto 25Lakh that would give me the whole package that the Ecosport diesel is. What I mainly stood to gain from the upgrade options considered was power, while compromising on some other aspects, so a remap to the Ecosport was the perfect solution to keep the car for the next few years.

Initial impressions are good, idle seems to be more refined, power starts building right from 1500 rpm resulting in a much wider power band. It's only been a few days and I haven't completed the 100km for the map to fully settle in, so looking forward to enjoying the car even more now
I am in a ditto situation. I have Tdci 1.5 ecosport. Wanted to upgrade to 1.5 Tsi but sanity prevailed and now I am looking for remap option. I am based in Delhi. Could you help me choose between code6 and WolfMoto. code6 have partnered with Autopsyche in Delhi while WolfMoto makes special visits to Delhi once in ~ 2 months. I am concerned about post remap service support or special service requirements.

+ How has been your experience post remap?
Tatvamasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 02:09   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIRaghav View Post
I have been unable to get in touch with Wolf Moto. Their website loads partially, phone numbers did not work, and couldn’t submit a query on their website as it’s not working properly. Can anyone share their contact? Need to confirm their next visit to Pune.
Mechanix Pune has partnership with them I believe in Pune. You can contact them for more details:

https://themechanix.in/

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other...tive-pune.html (Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune))
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 09:07   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIRaghav View Post
You can contact them on +91 99617 47580.
teefosi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 14:08   #622
BHPian

I have a basic question: Are remaps available for Maruti K10B engines? If so, is it worth it in?
Old 6th June 2023, 10:43   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatvamasi View Post
I am in a ditto situation. I have Tdci 1.5 ecosport. Wanted to upgrade to 1.5 Tsi but sanity prevailed and now I am looking for remap option. I am based in Delhi. Could you help me choose between code6 and WolfMoto. code6 have partnered with Autopsyche in Delhi while WolfMoto makes special visits to Delhi once in ~ 2 months. I am concerned about post remap service support or special service requirements.

+ How has been your experience post remap?

Experience has been great and loving the wider power band. I have not needed any post remap service, although now I think I am seeing some black smoke during hard acceleration in 2nd gear. Will be getting in touch with them to get this checked.

You can reach you to Sreekanth on 88487 51374.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 22:12   #624
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Wanted to check how many of you here have had an NA engine mapped?
I know that the power gains are nothing to write about, am more interested in the general drive of it. If the mid range improves or no?

I have been running the car on XP 95 since day 1. Car in question. Ignis 2022 model.
Old 26th June 2023, 20:06   #625
BHPian

My 1.6D AT Verna's performance has dulled over time, at 65k km the acceleration is not as brisk as it was before. I feel the 0-100 time has increased. I had asked Hyundai service center for EGR cleaning and Intercooler cleaning, they charged Rs 800 and Rs 1500 respectively and there was slight improvement in performance.

But still the performance is much lower than it used to be and I'm not satisfied with it. I recently took it to a FNG for small work and I was informed it costs around Rs 7000 for EGR cleaning as it requires removal of a lot of parts and most probably Hyundai service center did some sort of cleaning of intercooler during the service.

Any suggestions and advice what to do? Should I get the EGR cleaning done and then go for EGR soft delete?
Any idea who can do it in Delhi? And what could be the cost for it?
Old 27th June 2023, 02:57   #626

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Should I get the EGR cleaning done
Go for EGR inspection rather than cleaning, if it's not cleaned get it done.

Quote:
and then go for EGR soft delete?
Not recommended at this stage, first car must run right with everything stock.

Quote:
Any suggestions and advice what to do?
Get the car scanned from a professional, the first thing I would look at is the long term fuel trim level, which will tell us if the car is running lean or rich, this will point us in right direction to find the cause of power loss.
Heisen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 07:00   #627
Senior - BHPian

I have a few questions:

AA) Has anyone managed to remap the 1.5 TSI on the Virtus/Slavia/Taigun/Kushaq? Last I heard was that Code 6 and subsequently few other tuners managed to do the 1.0 TSI. With the discontinuation of the Polo, the Virtus/Slavia have become the entry level cars for enthusiasts. Yea there is the i20 N-Line, Verna Turbo, Tata Altroz etc but these are not the favourites.

BB) I was looking at getting a remap for my X1. Anyone have any experience with this. There are plenty of 320Ds & 520Ds with the same engine that have been done. However someone told me that since the X1 has a different gearbox there are some issues. Wanted to know if anyone here (or your friends) are running a remapped X1.

CC) There are n number of threads on the Polo TSI with n number of remaps from n number of tuners. However all are either Stage 1 or Stage 2. Anyone tried a Stage 3 on the 1.2 TSI? Yea I know the gearbox is the weak link here but but still wanted to know what is the max it can take. I saw a video of a Stage 3 Polo 1.0 TSI Automatic putting out 170 BHP. I'm on the hunt for a Polo TSI and most probable I'll only find a 1.2 TSI.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 16:00   #628

Hi All,

Considering I decided to finally join Team-BHP after years of being an avid reader only after recently picking up my pre-owned Polo 1.0 GT TSI, I couldn't think of a more befitting thread for my first post.

There's a plethora of knowledge on this however I'd really appreciate if anyone could shed some light on my queries (apologies if those exact ones have already been answered):

1) I've read various reviews on how the 1.0 TC gearbox is uncomfortably jerky when tuned. Does anyone who owns/has driven a 1.0 AT comment on their experience with a tune?

2) I've visited both Autopsyche and GTTunerz as I'm based in Delhi. Autopshyche offered TVS, Code6 and Quantum tunes whereas GTTunerz offered their in house OEM+. Any recommendations amongst the aforesaid? Just looking to make my daily driver a bit more fun.

I'm still at the stage where I'm gathering knowledge. Taking the slow and steady approach instead of jumping headfirst.
Cynosure is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 18:30   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I can't answer who is the best. Choose the tuner based on the car you are going to tune. Quantum tune should be decent and GT Tunerz are known for good customer support too. They even have inhouse dyno .
Hello doctor Naren, I own a ford freestyle 1.5 TDCi . I have a doubt regarding Remap and Tuner box(Race dynamics Dieseltronic). May I please know which one would be more beneficial among these two . I don't think I would be doing a stage 2 upgrade in future . I have tried reading many threads and also YouTube videos , but not able to come to a conclusion . Your suggestions would be more valuable .
Old 18th August 2023, 20:27   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriniadk View Post
Hello doctor Naren, I own a ford freestyle 1.5 TDCi . I have a doubt regarding Remap and Tuner box(Race dynamics Dieseltronic). May I please know which one would be more beneficial among these two . I don't think I would be doing a stage 2 upgrade in future . I have tried reading many threads and also YouTube videos , but not able to come to a conclusion . Your suggestions would be more valuable .
Remap anyday over diesel tronic!!!
Don't even bother breaking your head further in this.
scorpian is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks